• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where is the outrage?

I know there are many good police officers serving their towns and the people that live in them. The bad, stupid, cowardly ones tarnish the entire institution and I believe it is up to the good cops to rise up and purge the filth from their ranks.

I assume every cop is a good officer serving their town and the people that live there

I respond as if every cop is an idiot with an IQ of 100

I keep my mouth shut and my hands on the wheel

that doesn't mean I won't encounter an idiot, it's just that my odds are less than if I am male, and black and live south of my border

only a fool would not be cautious in the extreme

most cops are good, but those aren't the ones that will screw up

if you know cops then your friends have certainly told you, there are inexperienced and stupid ones out there

I never have experienced a problem well...save one, so yeah I have and we don't carry guns ... so the cop was a dick, he treated me like a dick, and I was more than aware he was being a dick as well as what my rights were but yes, I co-operated because I am wary and I present well and I live in a 250,000 pop low violence city

If I am wary and old and white how much more caution should be presented by someone who is not? I say a lot of caution should be exercised. Anyone who doesn't get that is stupid.

just because you have never experienced a problem does not project that you never will...you are being naive in the extreme

Or to project that I ever will...is being overly cynical. Bad cops just aren't that common. They system has a means of weeding them out.

The media networks have rightfully been covering the multiple police murders and shootings. Politicians, and others have demonstrated their outrage. Their outrage is justified and murder is not acceptable nor is it a productive means to any end except a stronger and more harsh police-state.

But what has been missing is the same outrage when unarmed and innocent civilians are murdered by the police. There is some media coverage but few outlets have the courage or decency to call these killings what they are. Murder.

This failure by the mainstream media to treat the murder of innocent and unarmed people as an event JUST as serious as the murder of police is a grave injustice to us all. Until we the people are treated by those in authority in the same fashion as they are treated, this violence cannot and will not be effectively addressed.

Are you serious?? We've been inundated with BLM protests and public statements from politicians at every level. What it sounds like you want is a lynch mob. When the police shoot ANYONE, there is a very thorough investigation into the shooting. Intelligent people wait for that investigation to be completed, others just want a noose for the officer.

I absolutely disagree with that assessment. When police murder civillians it is far more serious than civilians killing each other. When the citizens cannot or do not trust that those in authority will treat them decently, a free society cannot exist.

you can disagree all you want. Let's look at your post

"Killing anyone except under the terms of legitimate self-defense is unacceptable in any circumstances in my opinion." ok. there may be a few more situations that killing is acceptable. You realize your admitting there are times it is ok for a LEO to kill a civilian.

I'm not criticizing the coverage of murdered police." Ok

"I am criticizing the failure of the media to cover the murder of civilians." I disagree. The media covers the murder of civilians, no matter who the shooter was.
Not sure what stations you watch, but in the last month there has been a great deal of coverage of LEO killing a civilian.

I disagree that the murder of a LEO is any less than the murder of a civilian. When a private citizen decides to "avenge" what they felt was an unjust action by an LEO, by killing LEO who had nothing to do with the action. It is just wrong.

I disagree

their system has a means of protecting them and you will not come first regardless of your colour

caution is smart not cynical

We must then disagree. Most of the cops I know will tell you that they actively weed out the bad apples. The VERY LAST THING they want is a ****head shooting innocents.

Is this a joke? If a police officer is killed we hear about it for one day. If someone is killed by a police officer we hear about it for weeks on end. Most of the time video shows that the police officer is justified. I don't understand why it's ok to not comply will police now. From the videos I've seen the last few months, most people love to reach for **** when a cop asks not to. It's insane. It's actually death by ignorance imo.

The media networks have rightfully been covering the multiple police murders and shootings. Politicians, and others have demonstrated their outrage. Their outrage is justified and murder is not acceptable nor is it a productive means to any end except a stronger and more harsh police-state.

But what has been missing is the same outrage when unarmed and innocent civilians are murdered by the police. There is some media coverage but few outlets have the courage or decency to call these killings what they are. Murder.

This failure by the mainstream media to treat the murder of innocent and unarmed people as an event JUST as serious as the murder of police is a grave injustice to us all. Until we the people are treated by those in authority in the same fashion as they are treated, this violence cannot and will not be effectively addressed.
Unarmed innocents aren't being murdered by the police, the times the officers actions exceed their authority and training the officers are tried for such and convicted when valid. Your entire OP is a joke.

The media networks have rightfully been covering the multiple police murders and shootings.

You're really just looking for a bunch of people to tell you how utterly false and ridiculous that statement was, right?

:mrgreen:

Ok, I'll bite. Your statement was utterly false and ridiculous.

Imaginative and ludicrous accusations of police killing innocent people have FLOODED the Media for the last couple of years......starting with the non-police self-defense killing of Trayvon Martin and upward and onward from there.

We're sick of Skittles and hands up and whines for justice for a good reason......it's all been lies and it's been scandalously overdone.

But thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom