• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where is the outrage?

I'll tell you what, if we the people dont strongly to include loudly get behind our agents, the cops, we are going to be up **** Creek.

I just hope that maybe, just maybe an honest and productive dialog can result from this instead of simply more violence, distrust and fear.

Fear, one should always be afraid of police.

Do you think the officer is your friend or enemy?

Could you not tell that he was searching for robbery suspects when he approached you with his gun drawn to be more on guard?

I'll tell you what, if we the people dont strongly to include loudly get behind our agents, the cops, we are going to be up **** Creek.
I agree, we need to support those who have our interest at heart. A lot of people don't see the police as being a group that protects their interests. I think that's because of many reasons. Government uses the police as a source of revenue much of the time, that needs to change. The war on drugs is a failure and no amount of money will ever change that. Drug laws need to change. Those are just a couple off the top of my head.

Fear, one should always be afraid of police.

Do you think the officer is your friend or enemy?

Could you not tell that he was searching for robbery suspects when he approached you with his gun drawn to be more on guard?
I disagree. Why should people be afraid of police? I don't want to live in a society where I fear the police.

The media networks have rightfully been covering the multiple police murders and shootings. Politicians, and others have demonstrated their outrage. Their outrage is justified and murder is not acceptable nor is it a productive means to any end except a stronger and more harsh police-state.

But what has been missing is the same outrage when unarmed and innocent civilians are murdered by the police. There is some media coverage but few outlets have the courage or decency to call these killings what they are. Murder.

This failure by the mainstream media to treat the murder of innocent and unarmed people as an event JUST as serious as the murder of police is a grave injustice to us all. Until we the people are treated by those in authority in the same fashion as they are treated, this violence cannot and will not be effectively addressed.

One problem is that the media pretend that predators are innocent, unarmed children. The media outrage is pointless absent any credibility.

I agree, we need to support those who have our interest at heart. A lot of people don't see the police as being a group that protects their interests. I think that's because of many reasons. Government uses the police as a source of revenue much of the time, that needs to change. The war on drugs is a failure and no amount of money will ever change that. Drug laws need to change. Those are just a couple off the top of my head.

We have been spoiled by very low crime rates, it part because our cops are so good.

America lives in FantasyLand for the most part, which will absolutely positively bite us in the ass big time.

We cant get conversation and truth telling going again fast enough, the situation has become rather desperate actually.

I disagree. Why should people be afraid of police? I don't want to live in a society where I fear the police.

Do you have this luxury?

I don't.

One should always fear the law.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Bible.)

Absolutely not. Killing anyone except under the terms of legitimate self-defense is unacceptable in any circumstances in my opinion. I'm not criticizing the coverage of murdered police. I am criticizing the failure of the media to cover the murder of civilians.

Murder has a very real meaning.

Please show me the most recent murder of civilians .

Murder has a very real meaning.

Please show me the most recent murder of civilians .
We can take this in a different direction if you want. The murders of civilians in Minnesota and Louisiana by police aren't murders in your opinion. Why?

We can take this in a different direction if you want. The murders of civilians in Minnesota and Louisiana by police aren't murders in your opinion. Why?

Is the investigation over in either case?

What are the charges?

And have they been convicted of those charges?

Is the investigation over in either case?

What are the charges?

And have they been convicted of those charges?
Thank you. That's where I expected you to go. So, using your reasoning. No police have been murdered either in Dallas or Baton Rouge because the investigation hasn't been concluded and charges haven't been filed and there are no convictions.

Thank you. That's where I expected you to go. So, using your reasoning. No police have been murdered either in Dallas or Baton Rouge because the investigation hasn't been concluded and charges haven't been filed and there are no convictions.

You can't convict dead men. So there will be no charges in the Dallas or Baton Rouge cases.

So, the living cops you libled.

Have they been convicted? Yes or no?

No convictions on any of said cases. So no police or civilians have been officially murdered.

Sadly, the sister distracted the officer and then had the presence of mind to stream it live on facebook.

you already DO live in a country where you should fear the police

hell I live in Canada where they know they are approaching an old blonde lady in an expensive car and IF they have stopped me, I am crapping my pants

why

because

if they don't have an IQ over 110 they may react badly

in YOUR country I would likely faint because most of your cops aren't that smart, I have been told by a friend of mine who is American and a lawyer NEVER trust a cop south of your border

why would that be

when we cross the border into your country we behave differently

that is sad but necessary

if you want to live, you'd best be

signed

an old blonde, blue eyed broad
(seriously) protect yourself

they have a trigger finger and a low IQ
You're right and I am afraid of the police. I try to avoid any contact with them.

You're right and I am afraid of the police. I try to avoid any contact with them.

me too and I am well educated, present well, am white, blue eyed and blonde haired

for those who say they aren't afraid or at least wary, they either have a low IQ, are naive in the extreme, or have a Poly-anna life

I understand when people protect cops and boost them up, I have friends that are cops, and they tell me to beware because there are stupid cops and it only takes one to panic and kill you

we should all exercise caution and all cops should have a body cam

it really is that simple

they have a crap job to do but they have chosen it...I support them but I am still wary

The media networks have rightfully been covering the multiple police murders and shootings. Politicians, and others have demonstrated their outrage. Their outrage is justified and murder is not acceptable nor is it a productive means to any end except a stronger and more harsh police-state.

But what has been missing is the same outrage when unarmed and innocent civilians are murdered by the police. There is some media coverage but few outlets have the courage or decency to call these killings what they are. Murder.

This failure by the mainstream media to treat the murder of innocent and unarmed people as an event JUST as serious as the murder of police is a grave injustice to us all. Until we the people are treated by those in authority in the same fashion as they are treated, this violence cannot and will not be effectively addressed.

You're kidding, right? The very reason they're talking about these cops is all the killings leading up to it. If a cop shoots someone, armed or not, they talk about it incessantly for weeks. How long has a scumbag like Freddie Gray been front page horse****?

me too and I am well educated, present well, am white, blue eyed and blonde haired

for those who say they aren't afraid or at least wary, they either have a low IQ, are naive in the extreme, or have a Poly-anna life

I understand when people protect cops and boost them up, I have friends that are cops, and they tell me to beware because there are stupid cops and it only takes one to panic and kill you

it really is that simple

they have a crap job to do but they have chosen it...I support them but I am still wary

I know cops too. And I've NEVER had a problem with them. Just be smart, and you'll be fine.

it really is that simple

I know there are many good police officers serving their towns and the people that live in them. The bad, stupid, cowardly ones tarnish the entire institution and I believe it is up to the good cops to rise up and purge the filth from their ranks.

OP:

"Calling all Dylan Roofs! Calling all Dylan Roofs! More outrage needed! I repeat - we have a request for outrage - please respond!"

:roll:

I know cops too. And I've NEVER had a problem with them. Just be smart, and you'll be fine.
if you know cops then your friends have certainly told you, there are inexperienced and stupid ones out there

I never have experienced a problem well...save one, so yeah I have and we don't carry guns ... so the cop was a dick, he treated me like a dick, and I was more than aware he was being a dick as well as what my rights were but yes, I co-operated because I am wary and I present well and I live in a 250,000 pop low violence city

If I am wary and old and white how much more caution should be presented by someone who is not? I say a lot of caution should be exercised. Anyone who doesn't get that is stupid.

just because you have never experienced a problem does not project that you never will...you are being naive in the extreme

Back
Top Bottom