• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where do people have the time to protest ?

Individualism

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I live in one of the most important cities in North America. Every day I take the subway and work up to 12 h/day in the private industry to provide a good and a service to another human being. I come home and most days I go straight to bed to begin again next day.

Also, every day I witness masses of uneducated individuals, of all races by the way, protesting, waiting in front of the subway with posters. Today I received a good one: "Don't pay your rent", and at the bottom were instructions how to apply for the government assistance.

Where do you people have the time daily to protest ? Who pays you ? How can you make a living and constantly be on the streets ? Who is using the masses for their own benefit ?

I would urge any communist, progressive, social justice advocate to answer the above questions for my own curiosity ? or is it maybe that you can't keep up with society's demands and is easier to point the finger that is not your fault ?

Everyone don't have a 12 h work day, and thus have time before or after work. 12h work days shouldn't be legal anyway. And many are out of work due to Covid.

I live in one of the most important cities in North America. Every day I take the subway and work up to 12 h/day in the private industry to provide a good and a service to another human being. I come home and most days I go straight to bed to begin again next day.

Also, every day I witness masses of uneducated individuals, of all races by the way, protesting, waiting in front of the subway with posters. Today I received a good one: "Don't pay your rent", and at the bottom were instructions how to apply for the government assistance.

Where do you people have the time daily to protest ? Who pays you ? How can you make a living and constantly be on the streets ? Who is using the masses for their own benefit ?

I would urge any communist, progressive, social justice advocate to answer the above questions for my own curiosity ? or is it maybe that you can't keep up with society's demands and is easier to point the finger that is not your fault ?
Do you mean 'when', as opposed to 'where' in your OP?

Do you mean 'when', as opposed to 'where' in your OP?

Yes, you are right.

If I was a protestor I could blame this on the fact that I am an immigrant but instead of blaming society for my failures I ask the powers that be to correct my grammar so the gentleman above can feel comfortable.

My Master in Mathematics does little to help in this area.

That is what a responsible individual does, accept his flaws, corrects them and moves on.

In regards to the 12h days, is by choice, some of us have to work more especially in these times to pay for less productive people, not to mention people refusing work so they can sit home and collect Covid benefits or to protest 🤣

In regards to the 12h days, is by choice ...

So you CHOOSE to work 12h days but you are not clear how someone who CHOOSES to work 4 hours less does not have extra 4 hours to say go to a protest?

So you CHOOSE to work 12h days but you are not clear how someone who CHOOSES to work 4 hours less does not have extra 4 hours to say go to a protest?

Yes, I am not clear, that's why I asked the question. Forget the 12 h. How does someone have the time to protest after an 8 hour shift, some every day like in Portland ? When do you eat, sleep, buy groceries, talk to your kid, clean your apartment ?

Is there some secret energy drink there i can buy ?

Yes, I am not clear, that's why I asked the question. Forget the 12 h. How does someone have the time to protest after an 8 hour shift, some every day like in Portland ? When do you eat, sleep, buy groceries, talk to your kid, clean your apartment ?

Is there some secret energy drink there i can buy ?

I answered your question already. Clearly, you are able to find 12 hours a day to work + do all those things you mentioned. So, someone working 8 hours a day would have extra 4 hours every day for whatever they please.

lol...one of the most important cities in North America, huh... Spoken like someone who lives in Toronto... :LOL:(y)

There are interns working for nothing because they think personal advancement is important. There are activists working for nothing because they believe societal advancement is important. We do what we feel is important. They likely don't understand you in the same measure that you don't understand them. Live and let live, my dude. If everyone did that, there'd be far less protesters...and maybe even far less people stuck in the personal hell you described your life as being.

in the personal hell you described your life as being.

Personal hell ? lol. My friend, being productive and delivering a good and service for another human being is one of the most fulfilling things you can do in life. Unless you are a communist and you want others to provide for you. "We do what we feel is important". Yes, but at who's expense ? Who is going to pay for all this, damages, unemployment ? if people would put as much effort in finding a job the way they are with "protesting" right now the world would be a better place.

Personal hell ? lol. My friend, being productive and delivering a good and service for another human being is one of the most fulfilling things you can do in life. Unless you are a communist and you want others to provide for you. "We do what we feel is important". Yes, but at who's expense ? Who is going to pay for all this, damages, unemployment ? if people would put as much effort in finding a job the way they are with "protesting" right now the world would be a better place.

Working twelve hours a day, going home to bed, rinse repeat forever isn't living, my friend. It's what I envision happening to bad people when they die. I speak from personal experience...my days spent in the corporate world were more often than not longer than twelve hours. I averaged sixteen, my longest, during a particularly problematic SAP implementation, was 28 consecutive hours. I live a simpler, happier life now. Give some thought to changing your life, before you realize that you've wasted it... Unless you're in your own business, you can probably bet that the folks benefiting from your grateful servitude aren't working as hard as you are, and living much better... ;)

As for the rest...I think it's indicative of not really understanding the situation. If everyone could get what they want with a reasonable amount of effort, why would anyone take to the streets? The world could be a better place, but only if people didn't stop giving a shit when they realized their own goals.

The OP is claiming to be a helpless ward of the state without any personal time.

Like during our Revolution or the Civil Rights era?

Yeah. It's too time consuming to demand change. Now drink your tea.

Like during our Revolution or the Civil Rights era?

Yeah. It's too time consuming to demand change. Now drink your tea.

Sometimes it matters at what speed the train of progress goes by. Too much speed and the disregard of your fellow passengers might cause the train to derail. There has to be a balance to every movement of change in a society. To deny that, is called arrogance. 1 day, 1 week is called a protest, the courts are a way to protest by making lawsuits, but when you are "protesting" every single day, burning cities down you are just a sheep being used for other agendas. Masses that are constantly on social media, it only takes 1 twitter update to react without waiting for due process and be in the streets.

Same goes for the other side too with the Trump bots, don't get me wrong.

Ayn Rand stated well when she argued that group thinking is the biggest danger in society.

Where do people have the time to protest ?

They trade posting time on their favorite debate site for protest time.

Sometimes it matters at what speed the train of progress goes by. Too much speed and the disregard of your fellow passengers might cause the train to derail.

yeah, i'm sure the little black girl that was born during slavery, lived her entire life owned by another human and died as property agrees with you.

yeah, i'm sure the little black girl that was born during slavery, lived her entire life owned by another human and died as property agrees with you.

What are you talking about ? I am talking about the status quo. This is a common tactic to avoid the point and bring up slavery, racism, discrimination, sexism. Any individual in North America has the ability through hard work to achieve success. Some, unfortunately, listen to agitators like yourself and end up with a criminal record and no future in their attempt to bring this change or utopia you are talking about.

And don't try to fish around with the race issue that you get away with in your workplace or with your circle of friends. I am an immigrant that worked hard for every penny. I was just lucky that I had role models, not agitators, that taught me not to point to finger, but to look for solutions.

What are you talking about ? I am talking about the status quo. This is a common tactic to avoid the point and bring up slavery, racism, discrimination, sexism. Any individual in North America has the ability through hard work to achieve success. Some, unfortunately, listen to agitators like yourself and end up with a criminal record and no future for an imaginary change.

yeah, agitators who didn't want humans to be owned by humans on American soil. agitators who don't want people treated differently, by government, in similar situations. agitators who didn't want British rule without representation.

real hardcore radical stuff.

yeah, agitators who didn't want humans to be owned by humans on American soil. agitators who don't want people treated differently, by government, in similar situations. agitators who didn't want British rule without representation.

real hardcore radical stuff.

I Wanted To Change The World

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

Author: Unknown 1100 A.D.

Not sure if you know also, but status quo means the existing state of affairs. Slavery exists only in Africa, Middle East. In North America, last time I checked a minority became President twice.

Calendars are a thing. Ever heard of them?

I Wanted To Change The World

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

Author: Unknown 1100 A.D.

Not sure if you know also, but status quo means the existing state of affairs. Slavery exists only in Africa, Middle East. In North America, last time I checked a minority became President twice.

all you're doing is complaining that people are protesting for positive change (which is a hallmark of our great nation).

i do understand that it pisses off a ton of Republicans, Q, racists and the KKK.

I like your post but it is in no way obligatory for any of these groups to answer your question. That is but a fallacy on your behalf.

all you're doing is complaining that people are protesting for positive change (which is a hallmark of our great nation).

i do understand that it pisses off a ton of Republicans, Q, racists and the KKK.

Typical cult mentality. What is Q ? Is hard to keep up with new terminology these days.

Typical cult mentality. What is Q ? Is hard to keep up with new terminology these days.

yes, protesting for positive change is horrible to people like yourself.

Change starts with the individual. As you can witness sometimes the road to hell is paved with good intentions. If you think what is happening is a "protest" then I can't help you.

this whole thing has started with people.

and of course it's a protest that is gonna piss off a ton of Republicans, Q, racists and KKK.

Back
Top Bottom