• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Trump loses the election, he will nuke American cities out of spite and no one can stop him

He will just attack France, and let the French nuke US cities

We already know how much he despises liberal cities.

He knows he's going to prison if he loses the election. At that point, he has nothing left to lose. He would order a nuclear strike out of spite.

Crazy, you say? The military will never go along with it? Former Secretary of Defense William Perry begs to differ.

In fact, from that AMA, it is described how launch officers are conditioned, daily, to type in a new code. That code (so far!) doesn't have any effect, but the launch officer doesn't know if the code will actually launch a nuke or not. So the person actually "pushing the button" will not hesitate, as they have not hesitated to type in the code since they day they started the job.

And even if STRATCOM refuses the order, what is stopping Trump from firing people until he finds someone to carry it out?

Please convince me I'm wrong. I know this sounds insane, but read what William Perry said yesterday about this.
Clean up in AIsle 1!

It would be an improvement

CT section is a few sections down

He knows he's going to prison if he loses the election. At that point, he has nothing left to lose. He would order a nuclear strike out of spite.

Crazy, you say? The military will never go along with it? Former Secretary of Defense William Perry begs to differ.

In fact, from that AMA, it is described how launch officers are conditioned, daily, to type in a new code. That code (so far!) doesn't have any effect, but the launch officer doesn't know if the code will actually launch a nuke or not. So the person actually "pushing the button" will not hesitate, as they have not hesitated to type in the code since they day they started the job.

And even if STRATCOM refuses the order, what is stopping Trump from firing people until he finds someone to carry it out?

Please convince me I'm wrong. I know this sounds insane, but read what William Perry said yesterday about this.

Not realistic, perhaps he will drop biochemical bombs on those cities and wipe out their populations

Trump did say when told about global warming" and the effects on wildfires that things will get cooler. Maybe he has plans for a nuclear winter.

Because no one is going to carry out that order. No one. Even a complete idiot would know that being complicit in such actions would be a crime of such gravity that arrest, trial, conviction, and probably a pretty quick execution would be the likeliest outcome.

Call me stupid if you like but I'm fairly certain there are rules in place to prevent a President from nuking your own citizens out of pure spite.

I'd also think the generals and people doing the firing would have problems with potentially killing their own entire family and friends as that's pretty frowned upon in polite society.

Safeguards in place prevent the President from just popping off nukes willy nilly whenever he wants.

Call me stupid if you like but I'm fairly certain there are rules in place to prevent a President from nuking your own citizens out of pure spite.

I'd also think the generals and people doing the firing would have problems with potentially killing their own entire family and friends as that's pretty frowned upon in polite society.
The generals would break out the straightjacket for the orange one.

Yes there are rules to prevent this BUT you have to remember they are talking about TRUMP
and he doesn't think any rules pertain to him.
Have a nice afternoon

If you believe that, then certainly you are voting for Trump.

Special Forces can stop him... for probably "less than $1.00....

Special Forces can stop him... for probably "less than $1.00....

Nope, Trump is just so awesomely manly he'll take on the entire Seal Team 6 in hand to hand combat by himself and win without breaking a sweat.
Think of a cross between Rambo and Bruce Lee and that's Trump when he's in full fight mode.

Easy peasy - move into Trump tower.
He won’t bomb where he lives.
One of his golf courses would also be safe.

Naww, he'll just flee to Russia when "law and order" comes to get him. His supporters will surely forget him, though.

I don't think they will.
I think Trump is their "new Lost Cause of the Confederacy" only minus the state and secessionist borders.

Back
Top Bottom