• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Trump loses the election, he will nuke American cities out of spite and no one can stop him

opekrpokep

Reaction score
We already know how much he despises liberal cities.

He knows he's going to prison if he loses the election. At that point, he has nothing left to lose. He would order a nuclear strike out of spite.

Crazy, you say? The military will never go along with it? Former Secretary of Defense William Perry begs to differ.

In fact, from that AMA, it is described how launch officers are conditioned, daily, to type in a new code. That code (so far!) doesn't have any effect, but the launch officer doesn't know if the code will actually launch a nuke or not. So the person actually "pushing the button" will not hesitate, as they have not hesitated to type in the code since they day they started the job.

And even if STRATCOM refuses the order, what is stopping Trump from firing people until he finds someone to carry it out?

Please convince me I'm wrong. I know this sounds insane, but read what William Perry said yesterday about this.

He knows he's going to prison if he loses the election. At that point, he has nothing left to lose. He would order a nuclear strike out of spite.

Crazy, you say? The military will never go along with it? Former Secretary of Defense William Perry begs to differ.

In fact, from that AMA, it is described how launch officers are conditioned, daily, to type in a new code. That code (so far!) doesn't have any effect, but the launch officer doesn't know if the code will actually launch a nuke or not. So the person actually "pushing the button" will not hesitate, as they have not hesitated to type in the code since they day they started the job.

And even if STRATCOM refuses the order, what is stopping Trump from firing people until he finds someone to carry it out?

Please convince me I'm wrong. I know this sounds insane, but read what William Perry said yesterday about this.
I would recommend that you cancel your internet service, then destroy your computer with a jackhammer. That may be the only way to restore a normal and healthy approach to life.

Troll.jpg

conspiracy theory forum here I came............... flush.

You should have gone with the bolded instinct. Perhaps you can give us a more substantive, thoughtful post in your 2nd effort.

The William Perry link did not do anything to support that crazy notion. It only told you there were fewer fail-safes on the process than you might have otherwise believed.

While I believe Trump is very capable of pulling some stunts that are unprecedented and threats to American democracy AND I also believe Trump has no respect for human life to the point of being a sociopath, I really can't go as far as to think he would do something that maniacal.

Welcome to DP. That said, conspiracy theories are five doors down the hall to your right.

Last edited:
If you were talking about anybody else in the entire world, I'd think you might need some help for your paranoia. Talking about Trump? Yep, he could try to do it. There are many safeguards to prevent such a thing but still...he would do it. Every part of him is complete total insanity. I've never seen a human being with such a lack of humanity.

No, he won't

Well, he can't actually launch

This almost sounds like a threat to make sure we vote for Trump. " Vote Trump it would be a shame if anything happened to your city..."

Any military officer that does not refuse an illegal order is in deep trouble, and make no mistake, launching a nuclear attack, or any kind of Pentagon-driven large scale bombing attack, on a US city is an illegal order.

There is no way in Hell such an order can be legal...EVER.
The fact that there are people here on DP (who ostensibly claim to be debaters of politics) who do not know this is disturbing.

It's Nyarlathotep that's always been of more concern. Cthulhu means it's end times; Nyarlathotep just likes inciting madness.

93c86e374d0ff3e81f93d5d6b6398374.jpg

Are you serious dude?
Positively. I have absolutely no doubt that Donald Trump would try to pull a stunt like that. Anytime else in his life? Naw..he'd have much to lose. Not now though. He's going down and perhaps even to jail or worse for him..be totally ignored and forgotten. His type will blame his fate on the people that truly know what he is. If he destroys those who despise him, he might be honored and loved again.
That's what I see in him. I hope I'm wrong and ignorant about the above. Far better than if I'm correct.

Refrigerator Perry is a former SecDef and no one told me? &*^%.

He's going down and perhaps even to jail or worse for him..be totally ignored and forgotten.

Naww, he'll just flee to Russia when "law and order" comes to get him. His supporters will surely forget him, though.

I'll tweet them my thoughts and prayers if he does.

If Trump had any credibility up to this point, if anyone thought Trump to be a reasonable human being, if Trump was not the most ridiculous irrationale president we've ever had, he might just be able to pull this off - maybe. However, officers who must execute a nuclear strike from the White House are not robots.

I suggest you read about the last dark days of the Nixon administration. Nixon was getting shitfaced drunk every day and his secretary of defense was so concerned that he specifically told the Pentagon that if they were to receive any orders directly from the WH they were to confirm with him before executing.

Putin might try to get Trump to do something detrimental before he leaves office, but nuking an American city is not it.

You know that stuff comes in decaf, right?

Back
Top Bottom