• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Russian news and Ukrainian news contradict each other, who do you tend to believe?

When Russian news and Ukrainian news contradict each other, who do you tend to believe?

• the Ukrainian side

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • Putin's side

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • other

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
10 out of 13 now say:

The Ukrainian side

Both can be equally correct. Take Mariupol. Who is massacring who? If the decision is taken to defend Mariupol then that is where Ukrainian soldiers and weapons will have to be dug in, and naturally that is also where the invading weapons have to be targeted. The civilians get massacred by the exchanges of both sides.
This is wrong on so many levels I'm disheartened. When Americans think like this I fear for the future of this country. I gotta go - this is just too sad.

Better question:
Who lies more, Putin or Trump?
Biden!!!!!

The Biden Crime Family should be investigated at the earliest possible moment!

Please do not play diificult or hard to get ....
Some always enjoy more to criticise a poll whichever way possible or not possible - rather than to vote.
To those I say: Please create your own poll.

I did vote. And the premises of a question is always at issue. Ukraine is a fractured country between a pro western, ethnic Ukrainian majority to the west and a pro Russia, ethnic Russian minority to the east. The latter has been totally canceled in western media. And this gives rise to further misinformation. For example the Ukrainian officials have been accusing the Russian forces of abducting civilian refugees and forcibly taking them deep into Russia. These charges have not been challenged at all by western media. Because it fits well with the narrative. If all Ukrainians hate Russians, it goes without saying that Ukrainian civilian refugees heading into Russia must be by force, and against their will. What is forgotten is that ethnic Russians in east Ukraine are a population that actually straddles the borders of Ukraine and Russia. Many have families on the other side in Russia. What is more natural than for an ethnic Russian escaping war in Mariupol to seek to meet families inside Russia?

This is wrong on so many levels I'm disheartened. When Americans think like this I fear for the future of this country. I gotta go - this is just too sad.

This is a debate forum. I welcome nothing better than to have where I am wrong pointed out to me. How am I supposed to know you are correct if you chose not to present your case?

The Ukrainian side, of course.

Russians are no doubt lovely people.

But their government is filled with liars and butchers.

During the Soviet days, there was a joke about their two main newspapers. One was called (in English) "Truth" and the other was called "News." Well, as you have already guessed, the joke went that there was no truth in "Truth," and there was no ...

There are liars and butchers in Ukraine right now. It's called the Russian army.

Both can be equally correct. Take Mariupol. Who is massacring who? If the decision is taken to defend Mariupol then that is where Ukrainian soldiers and weapons will have to be dug in, and naturally that is also where the invading weapons have to be targeted. The civilians get massacred by the exchanges of both sides.

^ This is what defending war crimes looks like. I wonder if the person who wrote that post has any problem with those war crimes.

Russian disinfo rejected.

Well, I guess one example is this:

Ukraine: Russians are massacring our citizens.
Russia: Actually, Ukrainians are massacring themselves.
This was to be expected when the Ukrainians started bombing themselves. /s

since Putin started this thing without provocation or reason why would you believe anything he said......

Knowing full well that there was never any justification for Russia's invasion, the only believable side on this issue is the victim of the invasion. Nothing the aggressor says can be believed.

I did vote. And the premises of a question is always at issue. Ukraine is a fractured country between a pro western, ethnic Ukrainian majority to the west and a pro Russia, ethnic Russian minority to the east. The latter has been totally canceled in western media. And this gives rise to further misinformation. For example the Ukrainian officials have been accusing the Russian forces of abducting civilian refugees and forcibly taking them deep into Russia. These charges have not been challenged at all by western media. Because it fits well with the narrative. If all Ukrainians hate Russians, it goes without saying that Ukrainian civilian refugees heading into Russia must be by force, and against their will. What is forgotten is that ethnic Russians in east Ukraine are a population that actually straddles the borders of Ukraine and Russia. Many have families on the other side in Russia. What is more natural than for an ethnic Russian escaping war in Mariupol to seek to meet families inside Russia?
The "pro Russian minority" were installed there by Putin. They're a band of rabid far right activists, there only to make noises to excuse Putin's imperial fantasies.

Neither side tell the truth of what is happening to any great degree. Reminds me of our politics.

Technically speaking, both Russia and Ukraine have placed their media under state control since the invasion began, so some healthy skepticism of news from each party is warranted. That said, Russia outright lied from the start ("we won't invade Ukraine") and I find them to have very little credibility at this point. So, if there are conflicting accounts of an event, I'll tend to believe the Ukrainian account.

since Putin started this thing without provocation or reason why would you believe anything he said......
I would rather believe what a devil says than what Putin says. :devilish::cool:

it's hard to say...

Ukraine Before vs After the Russian Attack: Ukraine is on Fire | by Joanna  Henderson | Lessons from History | Mar, 2022 | Medium

The "pro Russian minority" were installed there by Putin. They're a band of rabid far right activists, there only to make noises to excuse Putin's imperial fantasies.
So it is!
Even the real Russian minority of the Ukraine prefers to live in a free Ukraine than in an oppressed Russia.

How many times have the Ukrainians been shown to be lying compared to Russia?

The Russians easily, didn’t the Democrats under Obuttbum say the Ukrainian government was corrupt

Other sources, as things are too heated on both sides to get a clear headed point of view.

Depends on the news. If it can be verified by another source, I'll look for that, because Ukrainian officials do a lot of exaggerating and Russia comes out with the most ridiculous lies. The propaganda is thick. But I would give Ukraine the benefit of the doubt that it's at least partially true.

• Total voters 28
20 for Ukraine's side
02 for Putin's side

a clear picture

Back
Top Bottom