• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When People Reject Inerrancy of Scripture...

When translating, even the simplest of minds understand, that is a challenge...

How do you define inerrancy in a meaningful way, that excludes errors accrued through successive translations and interpretations?

How do you define inerrancy in a meaningful way, that excludes errors accrued through successive translations and interpretations?
Post #11...

Post #11...

Isn't it contradictory to claim the Bible is
1. The Bible is completely reliable, accurate, and true.

2. It was written by human authors, but the words came from God’s Spirit. It’s not corrupted by human bias or error.

And then say
Some translations are more accurate than others.

How can a particular translation be more accurate if all translations are uncorrupted by human bias or error?

Well, to admit the errors means god is fallible and that those who translate the texts are not connected to any god-thing or filled with the Holy Flatulence.

For 2,500 years, the Hebrew texts have been fraught with wholesale plagiarism, orthographic errors, spelling errors, incorrectly divided lines of text, omissions, and even worse, amendations by the translators who are not connected to any god-thing or filled with the Holy Flatulence.

For 2,500 years, a verse in one of the Psalms was incorrectly translated in the Masoretic Text as, "If I forget you, Jerusalem, let my right hand forget."

For 500 years, the liars who translated the King Joke Vision were not connected to a god thing or filled with the Holy Flatulence, because they added the phrase "her cunning" so that the verse was rendered, "If I forget thee O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning."

With the discovery of an Ugaritic text, we learned the correct translation is, "If I forget you Ugarit, let my right hand wither."

The Hebrews plagiarized the text and replaced Ugarit with Jerusalem, and so the proper rendering in both the Hebrew text and King Joke Vision should be, "If I ignore you Jerusalem, let my right hand wither." The word "shrivel" would also be a correct rendering.

The translators of the Hebrew texts and King Joke Vision were too damn stupid to know that, and they weren't connected or guided by any god thing or filled with the Holy Flatulence.

Classical Biblical Hebrew (not the same as modern Hebrew) is the Ugaritic dialect of Aramaic -- proving the Hebrews never lived in Egypt and so no Exodus -- and all three are connotial languages. Words have connotations.

There are five verbs that mean "to forget" but each has different connotations. One means to forget connoting I do not/cannot recall/remember. Another means to forget connoting to ignore; another connoting to intentionally neglect as in withholding sustenance; another to unintentionally neglect; and so on.

"I forgot to feed my cat." See what I mean? You did not "forget" as in you cannot remember, but you did unintentionally neglect to feed it.

The right hand is the hand of dominance, preeminence, power, authority etc etc etc. "My right-hand man." That's where that phrase comes from. In the military and diplomatic protocols, you walk to the right of a superior.

Yahweh sits on his throne and the Jesus-thing sits to his right. See how that works?

The idea the Ugarit writer was trying to convey was that if the god ignores Ugarit then the god should suffer some penalty for doing so.

There's also a Psalm where each verse begins with a letter of the Hebrew alphabet in sequence.

For 2,000 years, two verses were missing. The missing verses were discovered when they found the Dead Sea Scrolls.

For 2,500 years, a verse in another Psalm was incorrectly divided so that it was translated as "silver lips."

Upon finding the original Ugaritic text that the Hebrews stole, the error was discovered and not correctly translated as "like silver."
God is fallible.

In the material world everything is subject to imperfection.

That is why Christ only wrote some words in sand, and Chaitanya only wrote six verses.

The Scriptures have the same perfection as you: you are a perfect manifestation of your energy.

Moreover, God, is an assumption.

There is no proof Christ is God.

Some prefer to not think of Christ as God, how would you begin calculus to rule over such people?

Slaves don't get paid.
That has nothing to do with the principle of work ethics but FYI most slaves of the Bible were simply trying to make a living or striving to pay off a debt so it was not much different from today...

That has nothing to do with the principle of work ethics but FYI most slaves of the Bible were simply trying to make a living or striving to pay off a debt so it was not much different from today...
Except today, most people find slavery abhorrent. But neither your god or bible does.

Except today, most people find slavery abhorrent. But neither your god or bible does.
We are all slaves today, whether you acknowledge it or not...either slaves of Jehovah God or slaves of Satan...

We are all slaves today, whether you acknowledge it or not...either slaves of Jehovah God or slaves of Satan...
Speak for yourself! Rather odd you seem ok with being a slave too. It's kind of a theistic Stockholm syndrome.

The "inerrant" bible condones slavery as a practice.

Speak for yourself! Rather odd you seem ok with being a slave too. It's kind of a theistic Stockholm syndrome.
Like I said, you are, whether you acknowledge it or not...

The "inerrant" bible commends slavery as a practice.
So, uh, yay god? Lol
That also shows a logical flaw with god. If one assumes god is infallible, i.e. perfect, then such a being would be incapable of imperfection, whether it be itself or anything is supposedly creates. Therefore, one can say god is close to perfection, but not entirely perfect, making him ultimately fallible, even if to a small degree.

Only in your mind.
"Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey,+ either of sin+ leading to death+ or of obedience leading to righteousness?" Romans 6:16

"Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey,+ either of sin+ leading to death+ or of obedience leading to righteousness?" Romans 6:16
Proselytizing nonsense. Maybe you prefer to be a "slave" just because your bible tells you to. But I prefer to think for myself and reject such silly notions.

That quote sure runs contrary to the claim that we are able to exercise free will. Slaves can't do that.

That quote sure runs contrary to the claim that we are able to exercise free will. Slaves can't do that.
We are free to choose who to serve, Jehovah God or Satan the Devil...

Back
Top Bottom