• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When our Constitutional Democracy was Under Attack - Absorb Comments by (R) Chuck Hagel about 1/6

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
On CNN 6/2/2021 John Berman had former SoD Chuck Hagel discuss how he felt about what Sen McConnell said the day or so prior to the segment. McConnell said that we know everything that we need to know about the 1/6 attack on our Capitol. That a commission isn't necessary. Berman showed Hagel what McConnell said on tv - and in CNN's transcript is Chuck Hagel's response. I for one find his words honorable and encouraging that not all Republicans are blinded by ignorance and purposeful obstruction.

BERMAN: We know everything we need to know, secretary? HAGEL: Well, I don't think we know everything we need to know. In

fact, I don't think we know near enough or even I think beyond the surface.

That's why you had a commission. Why we had 9/11 Commission, Warren Commission, all these independent of Congress, independent, Republican, Democrats, equal numbers on a commission to find out what drove all of this? What really happened? What was behind this? How deep is this in our society?

You know, we had active duty military involved. National Guard involved. We had active duty policemen involved in this. People lost their lives. Capitol Hill policemen lost their lives, unprecedented in history.

We need to understand the truth. I mean, I don't know why Mitch, the Republicans are so afraid of the truth. That's all we're looking for. We're not looking to blame people. We just need to understand. America does.

This is historic. Never happened before. Our Capitol was attacked and occupied. People died. And how deep is this? How deep in our society is this?

"Fact" and "I don't think" don't really fit together.
As a matter of fact, that makes sense. As in, when one makes a statement of opinion, one starts out saying that "In fact" proceeded by what one thinks - thus, their opinion. A 1/6 commission would bring about final facts, in which for a fact, Chuck Hagel would and does agree with. imo

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, that makes sense. As in, when one makes a statement of opinion, one starts out saying that "In fact" proceeded by what one thinks - thus, their opinion. A 1/6 commission would bring about final facts, in which for a fact, Chuck Hagel would and does agree with. imo

What "facts" would Chuck Hagel agree with ?

On CNN 6/2/2021 John Berman had former SoD Chuck Hagel discuss how he felt about what Sen McConnell said the day or so prior to the segment. McConnell said that we know everything that we need to know about the 1/6 attack on our Capitol. That a commission isn't necessary. Berman showed Hagel what McConnell said on tv - and in CNN's transcript is Chuck Hagel's response. I for one find his words honorable and encouraging that not all Republicans are blinded by ignorance and purposeful obstruction.

BERMAN: We know everything we need to know, secretary?

HAGEL: Well, I don't think we know everything we need to know. In fact, I don't think we know near enough or even I think beyond the surface.​

That's why you had a commission. Why we had 9/11 Commission, Warren Commission, all these independent of Congress, independent, Republican, Democrats, equal numbers on a commission to find out what drove all of this? What really happened? What was behind this? How deep is this in our society?​

You know, we had active duty military involved. National Guard involved. We had active duty policemen involved in this. People lost their lives. Capitol Hill policemen lost their lives, unprecedented in history.​
We need to understand the truth. I mean, I don't know why Mitch, the Republicans are so afraid of the truth. That's all we're looking for.

We're not looking to blame people
. We just need to understand. America does.​
This is historic. Never happened before. Our Capitol was attacked and occupied. People died.
And how deep is this? How deep in our society is this?​
ftfy

What "facts" would Chuck Hagel agree with ?
"In fact" is an English idiom. It's usually just filler.

In this case, Hagel says it's a fact that Hagel doesn't "think we know near enough or even ... beyond the surface" in re the January 6th incident with tourists.

i.e.
In fact, I don't think we know near enough or even I think beyond the surface.

I wonder why Republicans don't want an inquiry into it ?
They say a 1/6 commission is for the sole purpose to make them look bad during the 2022 election. They ((S/I/T) Mitch) also says that there's nothing more that can be learned about it. I say bs to those (S/I/T) Trumpian ass kissing GOPers. In fact, I think that they know for a fact that a deep probe into the 1/6 insurrection attempt would follow the Trumpy turd trail right to some R Congress Critters and (S/I/T) Trump himself + his personal goons - family included. That's what would actually make them look bad! In fact, shinning a bright light on cockroaches during the night completely makes those critters scatter for cover in denial of their nasty existence.

They say a 1/6 commission is for the sole purpose to make them look bad during the 2022 election. They ((S/I/T) Mitch) also says that there's nothing more that can be learned about it. I say bs to those (S/I/T) Trumpian ass kissing GOPers. In fact, I think that they know for a fact that a deep probe into the 1/6 insurrection attempt would follow the Trumpy turd trail right to some R Congress Critters and (S/I/T) Trump himself + his personal goons - family included. That's what would actually make them look bad! In fact, shinning a bright light on cockroaches during the night completely makes those critters scatter for cover in denial of their nasty existence.

So much for the deluded claims of some on the right, that the Jan 6th insurrection riot was done by members of Antifa

We need a full PUBLIC inquiry into the insurrection.

I love how people turn into the library police to deflect answering a reasonable question…..

BERMAN: We know everything we need to know, secretary? HAGEL: Well, I don't think we know everything we need to know. In

That's why you had a commission. Why we had 9/11 Commission, Warren Commission, all these independent of Congress, independent, Republican, Democrats, equal numbers on a commission to find out what drove all of this? What really happened? What was behind this? How deep is this in our society?

You know, we had active duty military involved. National Guard involved. We had active duty policemen involved in this. People lost their lives. Capitol Hill policemen lost their lives, unprecedented in history.

We need to understand the truth. I mean, I don't know why Mitch, the Republicans are so afraid of the truth. That's all we're looking for. We're not looking to blame people. We just need to understand. America does.

This is historic. Never happened before. Our Capitol was attacked and occupied. People died. And how deep is this? How deep in our society is this?
You should correct the title !
Just have to replace "democracy" with "Republic" . Constitutional Republic ! Stop letting the Propagandist brain wash you.
You're welcome !

As for the rest of the nonsense:
If the Election was stolen then these people are TRUE Patriots trying to Save America from Fascist Authoritarian Traitors in our own Government ! ....

And we could VERY Easily find out who are the REAL TRAITORS !!!
1) Go to each contested State, and get their list of "LEGAL REGISTARED VOTERS"
2) Have a "Re-Vote" !

If the number of Votes that our Politicians VERIFIED is the same , and the Vote count for Biden and Trump are the same, then you can call these people bad names, or manipulated Pawns...

"IF" the Legal Vote count is far different and Biden's and Trump's votes are significantly different we will know that a COUP was committed against the American PEOPLE by Enemies Foreign and Domestic !!!!!

Note: McConnell did not want to allow the challenges by those 6 contested States and he DOES NOT want to investigate this.
That's an odd stances.... Unless he's apart of the Coup...

Just have to replace "democracy" with "Republic" . Constitutional Republic ! Stop letting the Propagandist brain wash you.
You're welcome !

If the Election was stolen then these people are TRUE Patriots trying to Save America from Fascist Authoritarian Traitors in our own Government ! ....

2) Have a "Re-Vote" !

If the number of Votes that our Politicians VERIFIED is the same , and the Vote count for Biden and Trump are the same, then you can call these people bad names, or manipulated Pawns...

"IF" the Legal Vote count is far different and Biden's and Trump's votes are significantly different we will know that a COUP was committed against the American PEOPLE by Enemies Foreign and Domestic !!!!!

Note: McConnell did not want to allow the challenges by those 6 contested States and he DOES NOT want to investigate this.

You're welcome !
At least you got the Constitutional part of this correct.

Hagel isn't into propagandas as far as I can tell. I'd follow him into battle with no problem.

See, you started out correctly. The "if" is actually it wasn't stolen.

Now, you're welcome.

1/6 gave us all a strong indication who the traitor types are.

2) Have a "Re-Vote" !
All states were certified with the election results.

Get back to me when AG Barr agrees with you.

I again applaud your "if" + "far different" because none that you suggest applies.

So, it's all good then?

So, it's not all good? (S/I/T) McConnell's role is to obstruct until his last dying breath. He knows that as long as his sorry ass remains as a Senate leader, he'll shut down any opposing party official trying to do their job for and by the people. He's BIG CORP and a special fan of Russia. Putin loves him and (S/I/T) Trump more than I ever will.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks that "democracy was under attack" in the US is displaying their vast ignorance of basic civics.

They are clearly unable to grasp that confirming a prior election by a new Session of Congress is merely a formality and cannot effect the outcome of the election either way. The 2020 General Election was completed, and had determined the next President on December 14, 2020, when all 50 States certified their Electoral College vote.

So please continue to demonstrate just how stupid leftists are by claiming "democracy was under attack." I couldn't ask for better advertisement into the abject stupidity and mental-derangement of leftist freaks. It also serves to demonstrate just how badly the leftist indoctrination centers (formerly known as public schools) are failing children when they can't even teach them the basics about how their own government functions. It certainly explains why leftists have chosen to be this stupid.

At least you got the Constitutional part of this correct.

Hagel isn't into propagandas as far as I can tell. I'd follow him into battle with no problem.

See, you started out correctly. The "if" is actually it wasn't stolen.

Now, you're welcome.

1/6 gave us all a strong indication who the traitor types are.

All states were certified with the election results.

Get back to me when AG Barr agrees with you.

I again applaud your "if" + "far different" because none that you suggest applies.

So, it's all good then?

So, it's not all good? (S/I/T) McConnell's role is to obstruct until his last dying breath. He knows that as long as his sorry ass remains as a Senate leader, he'll shut down any opposing party official trying to do their job for and by the people. He's BIG CORP and a special fan of Russia. Putin loves him and (S/I/T) Trump more than I ever will.
Here let me help out . I'll just do the first one , and give you another chance to reanalyze the other mistakes you've made.

You will not find any reference to Democracy ! But here’s where you can derive "Constitutional Republic".

"
The federal government of the United States (U.S. federal government)[a] is the national government of the United States, a federal republic in North America, composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories and several island possessions. The federal government is composed of three distinct branches: legislative, executive, and judicial, whose powers are vested by the U.S. Constitution in the Congress, the president and the federal courts, respectively.
"

You are trying your hardest to "SUBSTITUTE" the idea of Personal Freedoms granted to the People by the Constitution, and Democracy !....
Even as much as you try to weasel the idea of America being a Democracy You DON'T REAL want a Democracy !!!!

Just to let you in on a secrete, people pushing propaganda don't make it appear like they are pushing propagand ....
And to site CNN as a source shows how brain washed you have become.
CNN actually tries to stop truthful reporting !

Did you not hear about how CNN (andNBC) paid John Sullivan for his live footage of the Capital protest ? (he was paid out before Jan 6th) !...

Did you not see the footage that got Nickols Sandmann $275Million from CNN, for there Propaganda piece they did on a 16year old ? ...
https://rumble.com/v7a1y9-cnn-hit-with-275m-defamation-lawsuit-by-covington-student.html

America has no constitutional democracy and in reality there is no constitution anymore. The regime of 1789 has been long repealed. This is like the era Tiberius Grokkas in Rome, we still have the outward form of the republic, but the regime is not operating as intended. And soon the Caesar form of the empire will follow

America has no constitutional democracy and in reality there is no constitution anymore. The regime of 1789 has been long repealed. This is like the era Tiberius Grokkas in Rome, we still have the outward form of the republic, but the regime is not operating as intended. And soon the Caesar form of the empire will follow

Dream on.

Here let me help out . I'll just do the first one , and give you another chance to reanalyze the other mistakes you've made.

You will not find any reference to Democracy ! But here’s where you can derive "Constitutional Republic".
Now it's my turn to help you out.

The United States of America is governed as a federal republic, and therefore some argue that the U.S. is not a democracy. A republic is defined as a political system in which the supreme power is vested upon the citizenry that is entitled to vote for its representatives and officers responsible to them, while a democracy is defined as a government of the people and by the people exercised through elected or direct representative. It can be difficult to distinguish between a democracy and a republic, and therefore it would be rational to conclude that the United States is both a democracy and a republic.

The United States is a democracy, but it is not a true democracy. Instead, it is a representative democracy. The common forms of democracy are direct democracy and representative democracy. A direct democracy is a system of government in which the majority have their say on every matter concerning governance. Direct democracies hold referendums each time an issue has to be decided upon because there are no elective representatives. The United States is a representative democracy, as the public elects individuals to represent them at the government level. The United States is also a constitutional democracy, meaning that the functions and roles of the government are governed by the constitution that also protects the rights and privileges of the citizenry regardless of whether they are majority or minority.

I stand behind my belief that we're a Democracy, albeit a representative Democracy, and as I have already stated - I agree with Chuck Hagel. An assault was waged on our Democracy, but failed to succeed. I'm sure that upsets many Trumplicans, but too f**king bad.

Why do you lie? Do you think you are fooling anyone? There was no attack on the capitol. There was a protest for a election in which voter fraud was obvious.

There is still a Constitution, the Federal Government simply ignores it and refuses to be constrained by it.

Why do you lie? Do you think you are fooling anyone? There was no attack on the capitol.
Have you been living on the moon with no access to news for the past 6 months? We have multiple videos of the sedition attack on the capitol.
There was a protest for a election in which voter fraud was obvious.
We, including you, know there was no fraud as every single investigation to date has shown

Have you been living on the moon with no access to news for the past 6 months? We have multiple videos of the sedition attack on the capitol.

We, including you, know there was no fraud as every single investigation to date has shown
You can try to lie all you want, but we all know the truth, and your lies are pathetic.

Now it's my turn to help you out.

The United States of America is governed as a federal republic, and therefore some argue that the U.S. is not a democracy. A republic is defined as a political system in which the supreme power is vested upon the citizenry that is entitled to vote for its representatives and officers responsible to them, while a democracy is defined as a government of the people and by the people exercised through elected or direct representative. It can be difficult to distinguish between a democracy and a republic, and therefore it would be rational to conclude that the United States is both a democracy and a republic.

The United States is a democracy, but it is not a true democracy. Instead, it is a representative democracy. The common forms of democracy are direct democracy and representative democracy. A direct democracy is a system of government in which the majority have their say on every matter concerning governance. Direct democracies hold referendums each time an issue has to be decided upon because there are no elective representatives. The United States is a representative democracy, as the public elects individuals to represent them at the government level. The United States is also a constitutional democracy, meaning that the functions and roles of the government are governed by the constitution that also protects the rights and privileges of the citizenry regardless of whether they are majority or minority.

I stand behind my belief that we're a Democracy, albeit a representative Democracy, and as I have already stated - I agree with Chuck Hagel. An assault was waged on our Democracy, but failed to succeed. I'm sure that upsets many Trumplicans, but too f**king bad.
Well you're still wrong !
Here's the Litmus test:
If America was a Democracy then Segregation (and or Slavery) would still be legal !
Pres. Lincoln only got 40% or the Peoples Vote but won the EC by 180 votes ! Not Very Democratic of us is it ????...

Why is it possible that the FED Government can force States (with the full/majority support of their People) to Stop segregation, as we did ?...

If we were a "Democracy", then we COULD vote to enslave all Blue eyed people, because more people have Brown eyes, and they just need 51%...

So in a "DEMOCRACY" Fascism and Oppression are TOTALLY legal "IF" it is the will of the People, at least 51% of the people ....

We are a Constitutional Republic, and we have Rights&Liberties granted to us from the Constitution .

This is a "TRUE US CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC" !
Unlike your "we're a Democracy, albeit a representative Democracy"
(see how you are trying to weasel your way into being "Kinda Right" ?)

Here, let's try it again !

I'm sure this upsetting to the many Brain Washed liberal pawns out there, but too f**king bad. :)
P.S. You're welcome !

Back
Top Bottom