• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's The Goal Of Trump Protesters?

Are they afraid Trump could actually become president so they are trying to stop him? I mean if they don't believe he could actually become president then what's the point of protesting at all?

Do some people just have protesting something in their blood and Trump helps them fill their need to protest something?

That's like asking why the Tea Partiers protested Obama.

I think the main issue is that Trump has extremely high disapproval numbers in the polls. It's likely he'll lose to Hillary, who is the weakest candidate that the Democrats have ever nominated. This would be a disaster for the country.

There was some hope that Trump would get it together and improve his polling numbers, but this isn't materializing. Every day there is some new blunder. Ask the President of Afghan.

Plus, it's just embarrassing to have such a crass, rude, base, ignorant swine as the nominee. And one has to consider what would happen if he actually became President and started trying to implement his policies. A trade war, for example, would kill us.

Just to be fair, I'm not so sure Hillary actually is the weakest candidate the Dems have ever offered up. Dukakis didn't have much of a chance. Of course he wasn't a crook like Hillary.

So what do the protesters hope to accomplish? By protesting are they going to turn Trump or his supporters into being non-racist? In other words, isn't your answer to my question that they simply want to protest something, with no actual goal in mind? If you are an anti-war protester you want to influence the government to not have wars. If you are protesting Wall Street and the one percenters you want to further income equality and weatlh redistribution. What is the goal the Trump protesters want to accomplish? They're not going to change anybody's minds into being non-racists. Nobody's.

It is intellectually vacant to accuse all Trump supporters of being racist.

For example, who is racist? The party nominee supporting illegal aliens to come at take jobs from the most economically challenged in Black Communities, or the presumptive nominee who wants to stop them from doing it?

I imagine is doesn't take many brain neurons to posit these "racist" labels. You should endeavor to involve more of them.

Are they afraid Trump could actually become president so they are trying to stop him? I mean if they don't believe he could actually become president then what's the point of protesting at all?

Do some people just have protesting something in their blood and Trump helps them fill their need to protest something?

They are protesting what he stands for ie; bigotry, hatred, narcissistic behavior to name a few.

They are protesting what he stands for ie; bigotry, hatred, narcissistic behavior to name a few.

But, again, what do they hope to accomplish? Anyone who is not racist is already on board and anyone who is racist isn't going to change just because there are protesters. So, they are just protesting to protest, with no actual goal in mind. They aren't going to change anyone's mind. They just need to fill their need to protest something even if nothing is accomplished from it. Most protesters actually have a goal in mind. Here there is none, unless they are worried that Trump could actually become president and they want to stop him. But, if they don't think he has a chance in hell of winning in November then there is no real goal to accomplish by protesting.

But, again, what do they hope to accomplish? Anyone who is not racist is already on board and anyone who is racist isn't going to change just because there are protesters. So, they are just protesting to protest, with no actual goal in mind. They aren't going to change anyone's mind. They just need to fill their need to protest something even if nothing is accomplished from it. Most protesters actually have a goal in mind. Here there is none, unless they are worried that Trump could actually become president and they want to stop him. But, if they don't think he has a chance in hell of winning in November then there is no real goal to accomplish by protesting.

Simply making their feelings known, you know like free speech.

But what does that actually accomplish? In other words you are saying they want to protest just to protest, with no actual goal in mind. Anti-war protesters wish to end wars. Occupy Wall Street protesters want income or wealth redistribution. Black Lives Matter wants to end police brutality against blacks. They all want to influence policies but what is the goal of Trump protesters? They aren't going to change the minds of racists by protesting. They aren't going to change any policies. If they don't think Trump is going to win the election anyway, then their protests will have no influence on the election. In other words, your answer to my question is that they just have protesting in their blood and they are filling their need to protest something with no actual goal in mind. It would be like protesting sex before marriage. It would accomplish zero. It would merely be protesting just to protest.

So its ok to try and stop Trump exercising his free speech right because they are just exercising their "free speech"?

Is it ok for the anti Trump supporters to hinder another person right to go and hear Trump?

Would you have the same position if a group did the same thing to try and stop Hillary or Sanders from speaking?

(Side note, the blocking of Highway 87 a few months ago by anti Trump protesters cost me to miss an important doctor appointment. I live hours away from the valley. Basically, had to reschedule. But what is time when dealing with a possible cancer problem?) IMO, people like that are not thinking and care nothing of others.

Last edited:

Trump is an easy target because his rhetoric pisses so many different people off.

Not to mention the fact that, you know, despite what every sane person thought at the time he's actually made it this far

They are just ignorant pawns who are exploited by the democrat machine while being fed a constant diet of false premises, half truths, and a sense of victimhood. The democrat community organizers are the masters at this game.

They generally get cast aside after the elections, and forgotten about.

I don't even recognize them as protesters....at least the violent ones. They are paid rent-a-mob thugs financed by the likes of George Soros.

Correct! The right always hires somebody to do it for them.

Nice try. They didn't hire them, I believe they volunteered. Besides, even if they did hire them, I believe in self defense against violence.

It is their job. They get paid to do it, so they do it.

Don't worry about the left...it's Trump's thugs you gotta worry about. They like to sucker punch people. Which I always thought was kind of a cowardly thing to do.

Do you have a television?

Have you not seen the violent protests that have happened that have nothing to do with Trump supporters?

It is their job. They get paid to do it, so they do it.

Ok. I can agree with that to a point, but then what is the goal of those who pay the protesters? If they have no fear of Trump winning the election then they are just wasting their money paying the protesters. If they are goody two shoes people who want to spend money on anti-racism, who exactly is it that they think they can convert? Or, does it once again, come down to some people just like to protest with no actual goal in sight?

Ok. I can agree with that to a point, but then what is the goal of those who pay the protesters? If they have no fear of Trump winning the election then they are just wasting their money paying the protesters. If they are goody two shoes people who want to spend money on anti-racism, who exactly is it that they think they can convert? Or, does it once again, come down to some people just like to protest with no actual goal in sight?

I think the ultimate goal was to scare the next city into cancelling the Trump rally denying him the chance to garner any more support.

The goal of the leftist rioters, let's call them what they are, leftist rioters, is to destroy the exercise of free speech, create chaos, injury, and possibly death. That people, is purely evil.

Opportunists.

I don't like Trump either but I have zero interest in preventing him from speaking to the nitwits who show up in droves to weep and toss their panties at his feet when he speaks.

But what does that actually accomplish? In other words you are saying they want to protest just to protest, with no actual goal in mind. Anti-war protesters wish to end wars. Occupy Wall Street protesters want income or wealth redistribution. Black Lives Matter wants to end police brutality against blacks. They all want to influence policies but what is the goal of Trump protesters? They aren't going to change the minds of racists by protesting. They aren't going to change any policies. If they don't think Trump is going to win the election anyway, then their protests will have no influence on the election. In other words, your answer to my question is that they just have protesting in their blood and they are filling their need to protest something with no actual goal in mind. It would be like protesting sex before marriage. It would accomplish zero. It would merely be protesting just to protest.

They want to end Trump. Not going to happen, so let them have their wishful thinking.

So its ok to try and stop Trump exercising his free speech right because they are just exercising their "free speech"?

Is it ok for the anti Trump supporters to hinder another person right to go and hear Trump?

Would you have the same position if a group did the same thing to try and stop Hillary or Sanders from speaking?

(Side note, the blocking of Highway 87 a few months ago by anti Trump protesters cost me to miss an important doctor appointment. I live hours away from the valley. Basically, had to reschedule. But what is time when dealing with a possible cancer problem?) IMO, people like that are not thinking and care nothing of others.

They do not want him to become President. They have a right to protest. I do not agree with violence as a means, though.

I think the ultimate goal was to scare the next city into cancelling the Trump rally denying him the chance to garner any more support.

I guess you could say that during the primary, their goal was to deny Trump the ultimate party nomination. That would be a goal.

Back
Top Bottom