• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would be the political outcome if Trump doesn't stand for re-election?

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I'm somewhat worried that Trump will be a drag on the entire GOP if he runs for re-election. If by luck he doesn't run, what do you think will be the outcome?

I'm somewhat worried that Trump will be a drag on the entire GOP if he runs for re-election. If by luck he doesn't run, what do you think will be the outcome?

IMO that would depend on who runs in his place, and who the Democrats end up choosing to run against him.

However, unless Trump fails miserably in trying to accomplish any of his remaining yet to be fulfilled promises, IMO his being knocked out of the White House should he choose a second run in not set in stone.

He can point to a series of trade successes, economic successes, and other promises kept. If the Democrats in Congress stymie him on those promises that need their support he can campaign on that as well.

I am not all doom and gloom, it is too early to feel that way.

However, I would not be averse to someone else running in his place either.

In that case I'd push for another relative newcomer, with young Senator Ben Sasse as my pick...he has as much credibility as Obama did after his single term as Illinois Senator.

Last edited:

Depends on who runs....It's not as though there's a clear party preference that all but ensures the Dems or Reps will win....At the end of the day, a good candidate is more important than party.

Democratic victory across the board either way. Trump will not get a second term - and I doubt will even be on the ballot.

Democratic victory across the board either way. Trump will not get a second term - and I doubt will even be on the ballot.

As many conservatives found out in 2012, such assumptions can leave a rather large amount of egg on ones face.

The 46th president would be a Democrat.

We have this system whereby voters vote in both the primaries to elect a nominee and then in the general election. Whoever the voters vote for wins. It had been that way long before Trump and I fully expect it to be the same post Trump.

We have this system whereby voters vote in both the primaries to elect a nominee and then in the general election. Whoever the voters vote for wins. It had been that way long before Trump and I fully expect it to be the same post Trump.

Two words: Open primaries. Letting Democrats choose the GOP nominee gave us "winners" like Trump, Romney and Dole.

He'll run again. He could be rotting in jail but he will still run. And the GOP will nominate him again.

Hopefully the democrats will be united and get behind one candidate and not have that Hillary/Bernie squabbling that helped the orange douchebag become president.

He'll run again. He could be rotting in jail but he will still run. And the GOP will nominate him again.

Hopefully the democrats will be united and get behind one candidate and not have that Hillary/Bernie squabbling that helped the orange douchebag become president.

Any outcome is better than a Democrat in the White House.

Two words: Open primaries. Letting Democrats choose the GOP nominee gave us "winners" like Trump, Romney and Dole.

But trump IS a winner. Didn't you hear the announcement that ANOTHER American business is laying off workers? Yep General Motors just announced they were SACKING 14700 workers. They took trump's winning tax cuts and are now SACKING thousands of workers ....just before Christmas.

Betchya the GM CEO won't be suffering at Xmas time. I am sure the board gave him a 8 digit bonus.

But trump IS a winner. Didn't you hear the announcement that ANOTHER American business is laying off workers? Yep General Motors just announced they were SACKING 14700 workers. They took trump's winning tax cuts and are now SACKING thousands of workers ....just before Christmas.

Betchya the GM CEO won't be suffering at Xmas time. I am sure the board gave him a 8 digit bonus.

Genital Motors should have never been bailed out by the government. They should have failed long ago.

Back
Top Bottom