• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What will become of Liz Cheney?

After today, she'll be a dead politician walking...just like Kinzinger.

Next year, the only way anyone will listen to either of them is when they are guests on the talking potato head shows on CNN and MSNBC. I don't think those shows will hire them.

Oh...wait...from what I've heard, Congress will be wanting to talk to them next year...under oath.
Agree, even if she loses there's a chance she'll be front and center yet again. I also wouldn't be surprised one bit if her values start sliding to the left a bit.

Funny thing is, most here likely viewed her as the spawn of the antichrist during Trump's administration and now she is seen as some kind of noble champion. Trump does that to folks I suppose...:ROFLMAO:

She'll continue to be the kind of person the GOP needs to have: someone I disagree strongly with on a lot of policy points but who isn't a ****ing traitor.

she'll do a slow fade away then be gone for good. ding dong the witch is politically dead

I think it may be more significant to ask how she will be viewed in five or ten years.

If she wants to become a Dem I can see an angle there, but that would be her pitch to make.

She's a real conservatives, she wouldn't become a DEM.

Leader of an anti-Trump movement for those of us right of center? Very likely.

I think speaking tours and working on a book as to the dangers of the FPOTUS to America.

WW

Of course you are! i knew it, I just knew it. You're sexualizing and indoctrinating the little children, aren't you?

I've forced every woman I've met to accept the gay agenda ethos, or be smited by rainbow colored silly string.

Common sensical people tend to find a way to make good of themselves, so I anticipate Liz will be just fine.

I may disagree with her on a lot of things, but I admire her adherence to her principles.

Country over party is something that most Trump supporters will never understand, hence why the populace of WY is going to get rid of one of the best things they had going for them.

This poor old country mouse would find a bit of wry humor in seeing Congresswoman Cheney lose in the Republican primary election and the Republican Party then go on to lose her vacant seat to [Gasp!] a Democrat in the general election.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

Last edited:
Agree, even if she loses there's a chance she'll be front and center yet again. I also wouldn't be surprised one bit if her values start sliding to the left a bit.

Funny thing is, most here likely viewed her as the spawn of the antichrist during Trump's administration and now she is seen as some kind of noble champion. Trump does that to folks I suppose...:ROFLMAO:
Yeah he does. As he drags the GOP further down into the gutter, a neocon like Cheney starts to look like the acceptable face of conservatism. Strange times.

This poor old country mouse would find a bit of wry humor in seeing Congresswoman Cheney lose in the Republican primary election and the Republican Party then going on to lose her vacant seat to [Gasp!] a Democrat in the general election.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.
You can dream, but that won't happen in Wyoming.

Yeah he does. As he drags the GOP further down into the gutter, a neocon like Cheney starts to look like the acceptable face of conservatism. Strange times.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend is definitely at work here as well as "she's very principled" because I agree with her. :cool:

I would think she wants to be a high power, high buck lobbyist, but I'm not sure how effective she would be.
A more fitting, and still high dollar job?
A commentator on CNN. They need a conservative voice, and the Democrats love her. We'll, for now, anyway.
She'll run as an independent in WY for Congress.

I challenge you to find a handful of D's that love her. We respect her, but we don't love her.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend is definitely at work here as well as "she's very principled" because I agree with her. :cool:
Certainly I didnā€™t agree with Cheneyā€™s politics when she was voting in lockstep with the rest of the Republicans during Trumpā€™s term. She showed some integrity when she stood up to the cult even though she knew it would cost her. I can recognise courage in someone especially when her colleagues have demonstrated their spinelessness.

I would think she wants to be a high power, high buck lobbyist, but I'm not sure how effective she would be.
A commentator on CNN. They need a conservative voice, and the Democrats love her. We'll, for now, anyway.
Lobbyist.

Yeah, whatever typically happens to congresspeople who lose their seats in a normal election. She'll be lobbying, lecture circuit, teasing other runs. She's a career politician so she won't disappear entirely, we'll just see less of her.

Certainly I didnā€™t agree with Cheneyā€™s politics when she was voting in lockstep with the rest of the Republicans during Trumpā€™s term. She showed some integrity when she stood up to the cult even though she knew it would cost her. I can recognise courage in someone especially when her colleagues have demonstrated their spinelessness.
Spinelessness in D.C. is a long and distinguished line. I view her as a politician that has been surrounded by politics virtually her whole life. She viewed these hearings as a way to catapult herself even further not out of some altruistic position that she portrays. She miscalculated.

Spinelessness in D.C. is a long and distinguished line. I view her as a politician that has been surrounded by politics virtually her whole life. She viewed these hearings as a way to catapult herself even further not out of some altruistic position that she portrays. She miscalculated.
Fair enough, I donā€™t agree but who knows anyway. I hope one day the Republicans can get back to a place when the neocons are the radicals rather than the moderates.

She is real American political hero. It's hard to believe that what she is doing is going against the grain of her party, and that speaks volumes about that party. The party that seems to be collecting subpoenas, indictments, convictions and prison sentences.

No matter where she goes TrumpCons will still treat her as if she betrayed the very United States of America just because she spoke ill of Herr Trump a few times. In the end she will still have the satisfaction of knowing she is the more rational one.

She's going to run for president as an independent. Most of the votes she gets will be Republican ones. That way she can go on the road and burnish her ultra conservative credentials while helping to keep DT the psychopath out of office.

Back
Top Bottom