• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What was your major or degree?

Double major.
BS in Bus. Admin. and a BS in Accounting.
Independent but votes mostly Democrat.

Now that's interesting.

Opposite sides of the spectrum.
Math and Philosophy are connected in many ways. There's a branch of Philosophy called 'epistemology' that deals the nature and limitations of knowledge. Within this area is also what they call 'Formal Logic' which is proving theorems within a system using deductive reasoning. This is the area that I was most interested in.

Math and Philosophy are connected in many ways. There's a branch of Philosophy called 'epistemology' that deals the nature and limitations of knowledge. Within this area is also what they call 'Formal Logic' which is proving theorems within a system using deductive reasoning. This is the area that I was most interested in.
Mathematicians like Bertrand Russell and Leibniz were also great philosophers.

There are no "MAGA Republicans", just MAGAs............

I have a BA in History, A masters in Psychology, A PHD in Education
I am a certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor through the NRA, and worked as a trainer..
I sold Insurance 10 years....I broke regional sales records....

I am a conservative Republican-------the only one left, I think....
Not the last one
few of us out there

BS in Allied Health and a doctorate driving my husband crazy.
Conservative leaning Independent.

BA: History, Minors in Special Education, Political Science, teaching license
MA: History, Special Education

Centrist politics

Do you have a degree? If so, what is it?
If not, what is your training?

then, how do you identify politically?

I have a BS in Economics/Finance. I am a real Republican. (not a MAGA Republican)

I got my Bachelor's degree in English.

Then I got my Juris Doctor.

I am a conservative registered independent.

I have a BS in Economics/Finance. I am a real Republican. (not a MAGA Republican)
You are a dying breed

I gave up on the GOP few years ago

It's not the same party as Reagan and Goldwater. It's the nut house full of CT whackos and sore loosers.

Masters in modern European History

Journeyman structural Ironworker and CWB welder (expired).
Liberal.

B.A. in Government

I'm a traditional conservative, i.e. a Jeffersonian "classical liberal" (a guy Putin despises). I believe in the Founding, and the institutions and political philosophy behind it, including natural law theory, and that the central purpose of government is to secure natural rights, as opposed to a collectivist view of society and government. I believe in respect for private property, as anything less is just an extension of slavery. (If one does not have a right to the fruits of his own labor, then that's slavery defined.) I'm a diehard, unapologetic capitalist. I'm also a flag-waving patriot and American nationalist. I'm down with tooting the horn of the greatest nation and system of government ever devised.

Last edited:
You are a dying breed

I gave up on the GOP few years ago

It's not the same party as Reagan and Goldwater. It's the nut house full of CT whackos and sore loosers.

Masters in modern European History

Can the Democrats dig up Harry Truman or Tip O'Neill? Rampant, extreme wokeism; open up the borders to all comers; never met a criminal they didn't like and want bailed out; tens of trillion of dollars on green new deals deals; free college for everybody; and Medicare for all. They've gone completely batshit crazy.

I possess a B.S. in History and Political Science with a Minor in International Area Studies and an M.S. in Science, Technology and Society. I also have an SPHR certification and an DEI certification. And still maintain active FBI and NJ state clearances for child abuse and criminal backgrounds that enable me to volunteer in schools.

I’m middle of the road and don’t have a “party allegiance” although I’m a registered democrat.

that the central purpose of government is to secure natural rights, as opposed to a collectivist view of society and government. I believe in respect for private property, as anything less is just an extension of slavery.

As always, the devil is in the detail.

Isn't an extention of slavery more akin to life under the Robber Barons than life under FDR reforms?

Bachelors in Human Resources Management and an Associates in Technical management.

Left winger.

Bachelor of Science: Business Administration (International Relations)

Libertarian

As always, the devil is in the detail.

Isn't an extention of slavery more akin to life under the Robber Barons than life under FDR reforms?

Even under 20th Century progressivism the basic premise was a laborer was working to further his personal well-being and that of his family. Whatever he earned belonged to him, other than taxes used to operate government under the social contract. But in a communist or fascist state that does not hold true. The individual is subordinate in all ways to the interests of the collective or the state, respectively.

Whatever he earned belonged to him
Herein lies part of the problem, the structure of capitalism.

I am not and have not spoken to interests of state or collective. ???????????

I’m middle of the road and don’t have a “party allegiance” although I’m a registered democrat.

Same with me except I am a life long republican. I have not changed parties since the crazy set in. Here in NY you must be in one of the two parties to vote in your parties primaries so registering as an independent is not wise..

Herein lies part of the problem, the structure of capitalism.

I am not and have not spoken to interests of state or collective. ???????????

Unlike in a command economy, where the state basically tells a worker what his job will be and how much he’ll be paid, at least in a capitalist economy the worker has options. He has more say in his own destiny. If he doesn’t like his employer he can find another one or start his own business. He’s not just another input of production, like land and capital. He’s only a slave if he permits himself to be one.

BS Biomedical Engineering & BA Mathematics

MS Biomedical Engineering

Started a Ph.D in Computational Neuroscience but left after 2 years for startup $

I identify as a fiscally conservative Democrat or a compassionate Conservative- take your pick. I believe we should seek a balance between personal accountability and strength in community. I support strong borders AND increased legal immigration. I support social justice but also respect for and investment in law enforcement. I’m turned off by both “tax and spend” Democrats and “tax cut and spend” Republicans.

I would describe myself as fairly centrist, other than that I abhor MAGA for is absent grip on this thing we call reality. Conspiracy theory cults are adorable from a distance but up close, the stupid can be alarming.

Chemistry

Worked in QC labs for the most part

Socially Liberal, economically conservative

and believe in the social welfare state

Unlike in a command economy, where the state basically tells a worker what his job will be and how much he’ll be paid, at least in a capitalist economy the worker has options. He has more say in his own destiny. If he doesn’t like his employer he can find another one or start his own business. He’s not just another input of production, like land and capital. He’s only a slave if he permits himself to be one.

We are having two different conversations or you are just talking to yourself ignoring what I say.\

Back
Top Bottom