• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What was your major or degree?

Bachelors in English Literature. I was pre-law. Didn't end up going to Law School.

I was a Republican from 1980-when Trump took over the party. I still agree with the Democrats very little and am still a real Republican. But I won't vote for them anymore until they clean up their acts.

We are having two different conversations or you are just talking to yourself ignoring what I say.\

Honestly, I’m trying to make sense of your logic and understand the connection between robber barons, slavery, and FDR. The robber barons predated FDR by at least several decades and passage of the Sherman Antitrust Act. Your comments were apparently a response to my contention that taking property from a worker that he obtained through his own labor amounts to a form of slavery. Tell me why it’s not.

Do you have a degree? If so, what is it?
If not, what is your training?

then, how do you identify politically?

I have a BS in Economics/Finance. I am a real Republican. (not a MAGA Republican)
I'm 4th degree mason but im not allowed to tell anyone so keep it between us. 🤪

BSBA (mgmt) University of Florida

Registered to vote in 1974. Lifelong DEM

Vote the person, regardless of party, in local elections.

Have never voted for a GOP candidate for POTUS

Career Real Estate Broker/Realtor; own an independent Real Estate company.

Honestly, I’m trying to make sense of your logic and understand the connection between robber barons, slavery, and FDR. The robber barons predated FDR by at least several decades and passage of the Sherman Antitrust Act. Your comments were apparently a response to my contention that taking property from a worker that he obtained through his own labor amounts to a form of slavery. Tell me why it’s not.

Omg, forget it

B.A. in Anthropology

Juris Doctor

I am a moderate liberal. I have voted for Republicans but no more. And, due to my age, I doubt that I will live long enough to see them return to what I consider true Republican.

BA Org Comm.
And later a SPHR certification.

If I were younger, I'd go back and get a masters, but, career and all that!

Former republican, now an Independent.

Last edited:
BTW, I am doing a project now at work, examining some hires and reviewing resumes. Had a job where we hired a guy with only a HS education, it was for a Threat Hunter job, so lots of hacker types. This guy had the experience and the certs, I had no problem with his hire, over masters degree folks with no experience.

Bachelors in psychology
Masters in Audiology
Doctorate in Audiology.

I consider myself a mix of normal conservative thoughts on some topics, liberal on others.
One of my neighbors was a professor in Audiology, good guy.

B.A. double major Economics and modern foreign languages (Russian concentration).

Politically: an extreme moderate. Atheist, pro-2nd amendment, strong military, pro-LGBTQ, welfare capitalist…all political parties are stupid.

B.A. Russian
B.S. Exercise Science/Kinesiology
I went through a MA program in Religious Studies, completed the coursework but never wrote by thesis so I didn't earn that one.

I register as "no party affiliation" on my voter card, identify politically as Independent, and am probably closest ideologically to left-leaning moderate.

I have degrees, but what I am really still studying (and I am old) is foreign languages. I didn't study Greek and Latin when I was young, so I never had those languages to help me undertand the origin of English words. All my life I kept trying to study a little Latin. Now I am studying a little (a very little) on Duolingo. I also have had exposure to most of the Romance languages, but have only pursued French seriously. A year or so ago I started to study Czech. I found the Slavic language tremendously hard, far harder for me than I remember German being. I really admire English speakers who can learn Russian!

MS Public Health
MS Military Science

No real political affiliation.

Never graduated.

Industrial design then transferred to mechanical (design) engineering.

minor is philosophy/poli sci.

Social-democrat/ progressive.

BA History with minor in Poli Sci
MA History - thesis was on US military incursions into the Caribbean and Latin America between 1900 and 1940

I have a BA is big wave surfing, a Master's degree in skydiving and a PhD kicking ass and taking names... then I was leader of the Ex-Presidents.

BS in comp sci with a minor in physics
MS in math

View myself as apolitical with a slight lean to right.

In college I dabbled in gynecology. After graduation I got a job as a truck driver.

BA Political Science (minor, history)
JD
19E30 (those who know, will know)
Military certs include Command and General Staff Course (among many others); National Defense University
EMT
Journalism
Economics/CFP - finished the classes, did not certify (I retired, instead)
Life

I'm a left-of-center moderate, mostly (depends on the topic); not a current member of a party.

BA Political Science (minor, history)
JD
19E30 (those who know, will know)
Military certs include Command and General Staff Course (among many others); National Defense University
EMT
Journalism
Economics/CFP - finished the classes, did not certify (I retired, instead)
Life

I'm a left-of-center moderate, mostly (depends on the topic); not a current member of a party.
Yeah, I know it sounds like bragging, but it really reflects my effort to keep expanding my boundaries throughout my life. I'm not done yet, either.

Back
Top Bottom