• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What was your favorite slogan used by one side against another this election

Tetsuo

Reaction score
Mine was "Bush and Chainey, why change horsemen mid-apocalypse"
Made me chuck I must admit.
The Bush ones were not as snappy.

Abstinence 2004 - No Bush, No Dick

hope this doesn't infringe on the no sexual content policy...but it was a real slogan, I swear.

mixedmedia said:
Abstinence 2004 - No Bush, No Dick

hope this doesn't infringe on the no sexual content policy...but it was a real slogan, I swear.
Yep! it was real. I saw a young lady wearing a shirt that had this slogan on it at a rally. She told me her mother bought it for her.

At a Kerry rally I saw a one lady holding up a home made sign that read "Democrats hold stupid signs" So another lady quickly made a sign that read "Republican signs have stupid holders"

Course you didn't have incidents like this at Bush rallies since anyone who disagreed with him wasn't allowed to attend. It's a free country, 'cept in "Bushworld."

vauge said:
Your right, at the dems rallies they just yanked signs out of little girls hands and ripped them up in front of her.

Then, Bush goes and fixes it:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=255&highlight=bush+sign
Wow! what a nice guy Bush is, he should run for office. That type of press sells well.

The difference between the two is that in the case of the little girl it was a some Kerry supporter doing something that wasn't approved of by the campaign. In the case of Bush/Cheney restricting access to anyone who disagreed-it was on-going and approved of by the campiagn.

Here in Oregon three Bush supporters, and yes they were Bush supporters, were thrown out of a rally for wearing t-shirts that read "Protect our civil rights" It turns out they were all teachers, all GOP members who got their tickets from the party office.

We definatly see things differently.

For instance, it is a good thing to remove folks in large crowds that are stupid.
Riots can be harmful to ones health. ;)

In the case of the little girl, they need not destroy her property and scare her to death. But, it is stupidity on the father for doing that at a rally.

back on topic... the only one I can remember is "Scarey Kerry".

vauge said:

For instance, it is a good thing to remove folks in large crowds that are stupid.

Exactly that's why, since Kerry/Edwards allowed anyone to attend their rallies there were all those riots. Hmm, wait a minute...there were no riots.

I think Bush figured out early on the truth would be hazardous to his political health.

vauge said:

In the case of the little girl, they need not destroy her property and scare her to death. But, it is stupidity on the father for doing that at a rally.

back on topic... the only one I can remember is "Scarey Kerry".

Or it could be thought of as a good thing to keep "smart" folks who might be threatened by differing opinions in a large crowd...all alone....on a planet far, far away.

Sincerely, the humble monkey :monkey

Scarey Kerry? That's kind of lame isn't it? How about Smush Bush, that's mine...

My favorite was Flip Flopper.

Just kidding. They were lame.

My actual favorite was seen on MSNBC's Hardball at the UA campus:

Bush + Dick = Screwed

See, I have a sense of humor.

But Bush and Chaney were infinitely more funny than I ever saw Kerry or Edwards be and I watched several rallies on CSPAN.

On the Right- "Flush the Johns"

On the Left- "Voting for Bush is like running in the Special Olympics- even if you win you're still retarded."

My favorite was Kerry's "Band of Brothers" reference he used during stump speeches and during interviews. Nothing ruins Shakespeare more than politicians using a line whose meaning and context they know nothing about.

G.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

:wcm

Well I think the falling economy and the failing war in Iraq isn't something to joke about. Maybe that's just me. Secondly, what terrible parents. Who the #$(@ makes their three year old child wear Bush/Cheney wear and hold up a sign?!!?! Those parents should rot in hell. How dare they force their opinion on a 3 YEAR OLD. Come on, She's 3. She doesn't understand politics. That's absoluetly ridiculous.

Back on topic, however. There were one's like the
No CARB diet
Cheney, Ascroft, Rumsfield, Bush diet.
That was humorous.

I liked "Four More Wars!" also.

I like the Pro Bush add where they say:

Having Bush as a president is like driving a car with your headlights on in the morning, while having Kerry for a president is like driving a car with your lights off in the night.

Back
Top Bottom