• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What to Watch for in Trump’s National Address on Immigration

Not to mention, by caving in to this kind of abuse of the process, expect more hostage taking, next week, and the week after that, and the week after that, etc etc etc.

Git 'er done?? Yeah, nip 'er in the bud right from the git go.

Trump has been looking for the means to avoid process since he took office mainly because HE DOES NOT HAVE ONE! All he knows is some form of money laundering. That is all he has learned in all these years other than how to be a celebrity.

No, a Wall would only have a shot at LESS THAN 10% of the traffic in drugs because more than 90% comes through ports of entry. Hey its your guy that clearly has changed gears to drug traffic. Most of his speech tonight was aimed at drug traffic.

When it wasn't about how Central American refugees trying to ask for asylum at ports of entry are the same thing as illegal immigrants jumping the border.

I was only surprised that he spent so much time trying to rationalize his concept of a border barrier based on drug trafficking. That was and is still today the weakest argument for his wall and he treated it like it was his strongest.

Well, I hear "heroin trafficking" and my cynical side takes over, frankly.

What would you consider the strongest? I thought his offering examples of crimes committed by illegals in just the past few weeks was what would resonate with the public.

Because those barriers have been installed where they would be most useful when integrated with other border security. That has been done. You are utterly making my point that a sea to shining sea wall, fence, beaded curtain is a LOSER because it would be ineffective, inefficient and costly. Do you think they put the 600+ miles of fencing that exists today up randomly? NO!!!!!

Some and I do mean some additional physical barrier makes sense. Nothing sea to shining sea makes sense.

Not to mention that they also want the entire thing manned with snipers.
Don't forget the snipers.

A Junta consisting of Jared, Ivanka and the Donald sounds like a plan to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We already know how you feel...

Well sure if that’s how you define banana republic then keep the bananas coming. If we were turned into an absolutely monarchy with King Donald I I’d be perfectly happy since he’s so far doing a good job governing despite the totally crap allegations he’s being subjected to

With statements like that, you don't even belong on a political discussion forum at all, unless it is to rail about the evils of democracy, which is clearly your wheelhouse.

Actually, Trump's campaign team sent out a Trump campaign funding request with a 9:00pm deadline claiming it to be a "fund border security" effort when the money actually was being routed to his campaign. He then had another sent out right after his speech "extending the 9:00pm deadline. There is no limit to Trump's unscrupulousness.

So in truth all we saw tonight was a campaign speech. Thanks for playing Networks. Hope you did not sweat out the decision to give Trump airtime tonight because YOU GOT HAD!

Trump has been looking for the means to avoid process since he took office mainly because HE DOES NOT HAVE ONE! All he knows is some form of money laundering. That is all he has learned in all these years other than how to be a celebrity.

He is to political leadership what Kim DotCom was to internet piracy.

_99694524_kim-elizabeth-wedding-pic.jpg

We already know how you feel...

With statements like that, you don't even belong on a political discussion forum at all, unless it is to rail about the evils of democracy, which is clearly your wheelhouse.

Is Monarchy not a political system? Well first off you’re using a post that was clearly a smart ass retort to someone who was making stuff up, second off you’re ironically now proposing I don’t belong on a political board because I advocated for a system of government that is used in different countries

Well, I hear "heroin trafficking" and my cynical side takes over, frankly.

What would you consider the strongest? I thought his offering examples of crimes committed by illegals in just the past few weeks was what would resonate with the public.

For the record, I am in favor of slashing a fair bit of the "Catch and Release" nonsense, particularly as clarified a few years back in California, and I am confident that we will see that get tightened up quite a bit - even with the help of good old ordinary Democrats.
If someone has a criminal record, there is no way in hell they should ever be released if caught.
And if they get caught again, that needs to be the end of their ability to walk free...period, end of story.

And that's actually a MODERATE issue for both conservatives and liberals, it's the extreme fringe that seems to think that's unfair. The vast majority of Democrats and Republicans don't have any use for letting criminal aliens go free.

Actually, Trump's campaign team sent out a Trump campaign funding request with a 9:00pm deadline claiming it to be a "fund border security" effort when the money actually was being routed to his campaign. He then had another sent out right after his speech "extending the 9:00pm deadline. There is no limit to Trump's unscrupulousness.

So in truth all we saw tonight was a campaign speech. Thanks for playing Networks. Hope you did not sweat out the decision to give Trump airtime tonight because YOU GOT HAD!

FFS give us a link! :D

Is Monarchy not a political system? Well first off you’re using a post that was clearly a smart ass retort to someone who was making stuff up, second off you’re ironically now proposing I don’t belong on a political board because I advocated for a system of government that is used in different countries

Of all the feckless and and irresponsible attempts to paper over your hatred for our constitutional democratic republic, I think you might be about to top yourself.

So in addition to reducing illegal crossings by 70+ percent it will reduce drug traffic by 10%? That’s a nice bit of frosting on the cake

No. A 5 billion wall without the trenches, fences and 24/7 guards that Israel uses won't do much. And there are air conditioned tunnels under the Israeli wall which despite what trumpettes claim only covers 10% of the relevant border. The 5 billion won't pay for anything but a few miles of wall with TRUMP on it. Face it - that's all this is about, Trumpie's ego.

No. A 5 billion wall without the trenches, fences and 24/7 guards that Israel uses won't do much. And there are air conditioned tunnels under the Israeli wall which despite what trumpettes claim only covers 10% of the relevant border. The 5 billion won't pay for anything but a few miles of wall with TRUMP on it. Face it - that's all this is about, Trumpie's ego.

The other day someone attempted to tell me that Mexican tunnels cost two million dollars to construct and take a year.
What utter nonsense...the Vietnamese were building tunnels at the rate of forty a week during the war and they cost virtually NOTHING.

And in any case, the vast majority of illegal immigration does not happen over any walls, and claiming that it does is a departure from reality.

For the record, I am in favor of slashing a fair bit of the "Catch and Release" nonsense, particularly as clarified a few years back in California, and I am confident that we will see that get tightened up quite a bit - even with the help of good old ordinary Democrats.
If someone has a criminal record, there is no way in hell they should ever be released if caught.
And if they get caught again, that needs to be the end of their ability to walk free...period, end of story.

And that's actually a MODERATE issue for both conservatives and liberals, it's the extreme fringe that seems to think that's unfair. The vast majority of Democrats and Republicans don't have any use for letting criminal aliens go free.

If I'm reading you right, we can agree that "catch and release" is nonsense. Well, in my opinion, it's potentially fatal nonsense. My community is, to be generous, "medium-sized," and yet I knew two people well (rather than only the local folks I read about in the newspaper) who were killed by illegals who had been caught and released. Two, both DUIs. And my children's father was nearly killed--scalped and left brain-damaged--in yet a third incident.

If I'm reading you right, we can agree that "catch and release" is nonsense. Well, in my opinion, it's potentially fatal nonsense. My community is, to be generous, "medium-sized," and yet I knew two people well (rather than only the local folks I read about in the newspaper) who were killed by illegals who had been caught and released. Two, both DUIs. And my children's father was nearly killed--scalped and left brain-damaged--in yet a third incident.

We just did agree, no?
Take yes for an answer.

I can be reasonable if they just had a minor flag, like disorderly conduct, moving violations or some petty misdemeanor.
However for any kind of an assault charge, robbery, drugs, weapons, domestic violence, gang affiliations of any kind, property destruction, anything that results in the injury of another or damage to another's property, these are serious enough crimes that they should never be released except to the courts for trial and upon conviction, incarceration, then deportation after they have completed that cycle.

So as I said, I thought we were in agreement, I believe it is a moderate position and I know enough liberals who agree on it.

We just did agree, no?
Take yes for an answer.

I can be reasonable if they just had a minor flag, like disorderly conduct, moving violations or some petty misdemeanor.
However for any kind of an assault charge, robbery, weapons, domestic violence, gang affiliations of any kind, property destruction, anything that results in the injury of another or damage to another's property, these are serious enough crimes that they should never be released except to the courts for trial and upon conviction, incarceration, then deportation after they have completed that cycle.

So as I said, I thought we were in agreement, I believe it is a moderate position and I know enough liberals who agree on it.

We are in agreement.

The other day someone attempted to tell me that Mexican tunnels cost two million dollars to construct and take a year.
What utter nonsense...the Vietnamese were building tunnels at the rate of forty a week during the war and they cost virtually NOTHING.

And in any case, the vast majority of illegal immigration does not happen over any walls, and claiming that it does is a departure from reality.

Ummm, no those tunnels didn’t cost nothing, they took large amounts of labor to construct. The drug cartels do not have massive armies of fanatical communist villagers who will fight for free, they’re a business and need to make profit. Also VC tunnels were in rural areas with low effective surveillance, whereas American control and surveillance of our border is much higher. We also have access to drones, aircraft, and electronic observation equipment, which while the Vietnamese had some anti-aircraft capabilities and ability to destroy American equipment, drug runners don’t have it. Also they are not willing to engage in major combat actions against US border patrol. Any Mexican politicians they’ve bought off cannot ignore if cartels begin engaging Americans like the VC because that can trigger another American military intervention like in 1914

I may not have this exactly correct, but I think I do. The worst part of the whole catch and release mess to me, once you get past not having enough processing power to move folks through and either accept them or reject them and send them back is this ham-handed process of a crime being committed and a limited period of time that local authorities will hold the alien offender waiting for ICE to pick him or her up. If I have that right, what is that about?

I know there are some parts of the country with limited local jail facilities but there has got to be a better way than "Oh well, ICE didn't show up. So lets just let him go."

I think the max time they will hold the prisoner is 72 hours. If ICE does not show up by that time, they can just let him go I THINK! Somebody please chime in if I have that wrong. If I have that right, that makes no sense at all especially if its a felony arrest.

I may not have this exactly correct, but I think I do. The worst part of the whole catch and release mess to me, once you get past not having enough processing power to move folks through and either accept them or reject them and send them back is this ham-handed process of a crime being committed and a limited period of time that local authorities will hold the alien offender waiting for ICE to pick him or her up. If I have that right, what is that about?

I know there are some parts of the country with limited local jail facilities but there has got to be a better way than "Oh well, ICE didn't show up. So lets just let him go."

I think the max time they will hold the prisoner is 72 hours. If ICE does not show up by that time, they can just let him go I THINK! Somebody please chime in if I have that wrong. If I have that right, that makes no sense at all especially if its a felony arrest.

Trump's $5.7 Bn would go a long way toward helping communities with their 72 hour hold problem, they could use more resources.

I thought Trump performed very well. Really if he chooses to act like his presidential address and stops the petty BS over the next two years he will walk straight in to reelection

I disagree. His base loves him angry, insolent and mocking others. They wouldn't like it much if he behaved himself, they lie the irreverent, bodacious Trump. I'll resurrect a coined conservative term and label his (entirely prepared for him) speech as a 'nothing burger'.

Trump's $5.7 Bn would go a long way toward helping communities with their 72 hour hold problem, they could use more resources.

Many of these communities do not want to hold ICE detainees at any cost

This whole "wall" thing is just a monument for Trump and his supporters. Pelosi actually nailed it when she said it's become a "manhood thing" for them. This whole thing is beyond pathetic.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuart...he-idea-for-donald-trumps-wall-came-from/amp/

Joshua Green had good access to Trump insiders, including Sam Nunberg, who worked with Stone. “Roger Stone and I came up with the idea of ‘the Wall,’ and we talked to Steve [Bannon] about it,” according to Nunberg. “It was to make sure he [Trump] talked about immigration.”

The concept of the Wall did not click right away with the candidate. “Initially, Trump seemed indifferent to the idea,” writes Green. “But in January 2015, he tried it out at the Iowa Freedom Summit, a presidential cattle call put on by David Bossie’s group, Citizens United. ‘One of his pledges was, ‘I will build a Wall,’ and the place just went nuts,’ said Nunberg. Warming to the concept, Trump waited a beat and then added a flourish that brought down the house. ‘Nobody,’ he said, ‘builds like Trump.’”

This whole "wall" thing is just a monument for Trump and his supporters. Pelosi actually nailed it when she said it's become a "manhood thing" for them. This whole thing is beyond pathetic.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuart...he-idea-for-donald-trumps-wall-came-from/amp/

It is that plus it is also a "big shiny thing" style distraction from the wheels of justice which, although treading slowly in a cornfield, continue their inexorable journey toward their target. :lol:

Mueller corn2.jpg

Take a drink every time Trump lies. You'll be drunk in a minute and a half, passed out by 9:15 and not remember a thing tomorrow.

Thats a great post.

I suspect if you played that game during Trumps nine minute speech to the nation you would have been treated for alcohol overdose by this time.

Back
Top Bottom