• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What The Hell Is Apple Doing?

Who gives a ****, Apple produces a crap product.

Uh, I may rag on Apple a lot, but Apple makes good products, horribly overpriced at times, but still good products. There is no better ultrabook than the Mac Air. And other MP3 players essentially suck giant monkey balls.

Well - I imagine he's laughing all the way to the bank, not giving a rats ass about things like costs, China, and crap, as he sells out his customer's private information and communications to our big brother government.

That, I think, sums up what he's doing quite nicely.

Honestly, I think they all do this. Everyone is working with PRISM. Everyone is mining data. We have big brother in the corporate and government form these days.

Uh, I may rag on Apple a lot, but Apple makes good products, horribly overpriced at times, but still good products. There is no better ultrabook than the Mac Air. And other MP3 players essentially suck giant monkey balls.

The products Apple have been pushing out are crap, well the Ihpones. They give it a new title and Apple cultist buy it. I have an Apple MP3.. but I will never own their phones or ultrabooks or pads.

The products Apple have been pushing out are crap, well the Ihpones.

And you base this on what?

I, like many Android users love to hear Apple criticism, but it has to be based in fact. Saying Apple sucks doesn't tell us anything. Apple is overpriced for what it sells, but that does not make their products bad.

They give it a new title and Apple cultist buy it. I have an Apple MP3.. but I will never own their phones or ultrabooks or pads.

How does that make their products suck? There's no question that they do incremental changes. That's a valid criticism, but incremental changes to good products still leaves good (if somewhat stale) products.

A "financial expert" talking head the other night was opining on the Blackberry fiasco, rating their ultimate chance of survival at zero. He then went on to name Nokia as next on his list of companies to avoid investing in, since they too are losing the battle to stay current. The last of his doom-laden forecasts was Apple, for having lost it's way.

And you base this on what?

I, like many Android users love to hear Apple criticism, but it has to be based in fact. Saying Apple sucks doesn't tell us anything. Apple is overpriced for what it sells, but that does not make their products bad.

How about if you design your own app you have to pay Apple? No other company charges you. File and transfer issues, lack of external memory, You have to convert videos in the MP4, iOS only gets minor upgrades even after 5 years after development.

How does that make their products suck? There's no question that they do incremental changes. That's a valid criticism, but incremental changes to good products still leaves good (if somewhat stale) products.

Their products haven't changed in years. It's just tweaks in reality and a new name. Every year cell phones get faster and smaller (thinner) and that's something Android does every year. Apple is playing catch up and has been since the first Iphone. The 4S was no different then the 4G. Yet Apple cultist bought them anyway. Or to put it more clearly.. Apple's new phone Iphone 5 is well 2nd best on the market. HTC's One is amazing.

How about if you design your own app you have to pay Apple? No other company charges you.

Google Play takes a cut. As does the Amazon apple store. That refutes "no other company." The only way you can get around this is to release your app outside of App stores and have Android users install it seperately.

File and transfer issues, lack of external memory, You have to convert videos in the MP4, iOS only gets minor upgrades even after 5 years after development

So you are just complaining about OS. You haven't addressed the physical products for the most part.

Their products haven't changed in years. It's just tweaks in reality and a new name. Every year cell phones get faster and smaller (thinner) and that's something Android does every year. Apple is playing catch up and has been since the first Iphone. The 4S was no different then the 4G. Yet Apple cultist bought them anyway. Or to put it more clearly.. Apple's new phone Iphone 5 is well 2nd best on the market. HTC's One is amazing.

That doesn't make their products bad. It just makes them stale, to which I do agree. Incremental boosts to good products doesn't make them bad products.

Google Play takes a cut. As does the Amazon apple store. That refutes "no other company." The only way you can get around this is to release your app outside of App stores and have Android users install it seperately.

I am not talking about hosting it on a site which is what you pay Google and Amazon to do. I am talking about you have to pay Apple $99 to be part of their "design team" for Apps just to make an app.

So you are just complaining about OS. You haven't addressed the physical products for the most part.

iOS is the physical product, that's what they are selling. No iOS, it's not an Apple product anymore. The physical product are cosmetic crap that changes no matter what, hence it's not real innovation.

That doesn't make their products bad. It just makes them stale, to which I do agree. Incremental boosts to good products doesn't make them bad products.

Incremental boots to a product that naturally happen isn't innovation either. You can run your Iphone 4 with iOS 6 and still get the same functionality as the Iphone 5. Difference between the two is 1/4in in screen size..That's the ONLY difference between Iphone 4 and 5. And that's why I truly believe Apple people are the biggest idiots in the world.. they are willing to spend $600 on 1/4in on screen size which probably cost Apple $10 to change per phone.

I am not talking about hosting it on a site which is what you pay Google and Amazon to do. I am talking about you have to pay Apple $99 to be part of their "design team" for Apps just to make an app.

Alright, fair enough. The annual fee exists only for Apple.

iOS is the physical product

Software is physical?

that's what they are selling. No iOS, it's not an Apple product anymore. The physical product are cosmetic crap that changes no matter what, hence it's not real innovation.

Well, in your opinion. Some people like it. I personally am holding off until they fix the white text on white background for my iPad. That's some design fail right there.

Incremental boots to a product that naturally happen isn't innovation either. You can run your Iphone 4 with iOS 6 and still get the same functionality as the Iphone 5. Difference between the two is 1/4in in screen size..That's the ONLY difference between Iphone 4 and 5. And that's why I truly believe Apple people are the biggest idiots in the world.. they are willing to spend $600 on 1/4in on screen size which probably cost Apple $10 to change per phone.

That still doesn't make their products bad. I don't disagree they are stale. They are. But stale products can be good.

Apple stock up about 5% today. Sold about 9 million phones in three days.

Back
Top Bottom