• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What should the US do about Iranian suicide bombers?

What should the US do about Iranian suicide bombers?

• Keep supporting them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Winston Smith

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

The Iranian terrorist group Jundallah is at it again. How should the United States respond?

While I don't believe the U.S. should get involved in Iran's domestic law enforcement activities, so I can't answer "help the Iranian government stop them," the U.S. should refrain from providing any support to that terrorist entity, disrupt any schemes in which any Americans might fund it, and deny the terrorist group safe haven on its territory or territory within its jurisdiction (including territory in Iraq on which the U.S. continues to help facilitate security). No compelling U.S. interests are aided by the Jundollah terrorist group's activities.

Unfortunately, one cannot count on similar responsible conduct from Iran vis-a-vis various terrorist groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah.

Perhaps we should see it in a different Context than the you present it in. (a Stealth USA bash under the Guise a poll)
The Context of Tens of Thousands dead in Sunni-Shia violence of the last few years.
And the Context of savage and daily Islamist violence against other religions and rival sects of Islam.

Quick look at today's thereligionofpeace.com 'recent offerings'.

Weekly Jihad Report
July 03 - July 09

Jihad Attacks: 40
Dead Bodies: 276
Critically Injured: 59
And so it goes day in, day out... year in, year out.

Last edited:
Do for Iran what we just did for Iraq. Free them from their dictators and give them a chance to pursue their own destiny democratically.

Sectarian violence in Muslim countries based on Sunni, Shia and etc are just a fact of life, unfortunately. It will end when radical Muslims decide that persuasion is a better tool than mass murder.

We should remain uninvolved. It's not our job to police Iran, and if we're not at war with them, we shouldn't be supporting terrorist groups operating within the country. Although, I'm not sure I believe that we're actually supporting said group in the first place. The site linked doesn't exactly look unbiased.

I highly doubt the U.S. has anything to with Sunni terrorists, so we simply condemn the attack and continue on our current path. Iran can face backlash for its meddling in Iraq alone.

Written by someone who takes responsibility for his religions "catastrophic blunders" in re this Sunni-Shia battle carried on mainly, but but not limited to, Iraq.

When Will Muslims Dam the Chlorine Bombers?
Henry Porter, The Observer via Home - Arab News

Last edited:
Applaud them.

If these terrorist are taking out civilians then they are no better than Hamas or some other terrorist group that sends some deluded loser to blow himself up on a bus full of innocent civilians and we should not applaud them. If they are targeting propaganda media outlets, high ranking officials and other military targets then we should applaud them.

let Iran deal with problems in Iran, even though Iran is an enemy, as jamesrage said, they're targeting civilians, so they're still terrorist scum.

Gee, since Iran openly supports terrorist groups all over the damn place, I don't see any reason why the US should help Iran with their own internal troubles.

We should only help civilized nations.

Besides which, even the UAE would prefer it if the US bombed Iran to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear bomb.

We've got other things to do than waste time worrying about terrorism in the home of terrorism.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…