• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What should be done to cut down to help prevent voter fraud?

What should be done to cut down to help prevent voter fraud?

• Total voters

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
What should be done to cut down or help prevent voter fraud?

What should be done to cut down or help prevent voter fraud?

Multiple choice poll.

1.In person voting(unless you are bed ridden). If you in the state you show up to your polling place or if you are out of state you go to a designated polling place for out of state voters/absentee voting.
2.Voter ID/registration required to be shown to vote
3.ID/driver's license required to be shown to vote.
4.ID/driver's license to register to vote.
5.Voter ID/registration card with a photo of the voter.
6.In person to register to vote.
7.S.S. card to register to vote.
8.birth certificate or naturalization document to register to vote.
9.Proof of address to register to vote.
other

1.In person voting
Unless you are crippled then there is no reason what so ever that you can not make it to a polling place to vote.

2.Voter ID/registration required to be shown to vote
3.ID/driver's license required to be shown to vote.

You should prove that you are who you say you are when you vote.

6.In person to register to vote.

There should be no registrations by mail, you should have to show up the state election board with all the required documents to register to vote.

4.ID/driver's license to register to vote.

7.S.S. card to register to vote.
8.birth certificate or naturalization document to register to vote.
9.Proof of address to register to vote.

What good does it do to have a voter ID card if there is nothing to verify who you say you are when you go to register to vote?

5.Voter ID/registration card with a photo of the voter.
In my state voter ID cards are just printed card stock.Anyone with a computer can print one of these out. A bank wouldn't let you use your Voter registration card to get a loan why should something so important as voting only require a printed piece of card stock or paper?

Last edited:
Re: What should be done to cut down or help prevent voter fraud?

If there is no problem, then -nothing.
But there is, and it is with the political parties, who do not wish to reform/improve the process.
I still think that we need a national ID/social security/Medicare extended/drivers license/medical care/chipped card.
One does everything and cannot be lost or stolen.
But this requires infrastructure and trained/intelligent people, neither of which we have.....
Some people think that it is bad that dead people vote in Chicago and that illiterates vote in the southern states. What is really BAD is the candidates can be brain dead (tea bagging conservatives) or illiterate...
Do they read the bills that they wish to have enacted? This is what I mean by "illiterate". Or, do they make them to be readable (the coffee drinking liberals)

I don't see voter fraud that much of a problem, sure it happens occasionally, but it can be committed by legal citizens. The paragon of American conservatism committed voter fraud a few years ago. People move or have homes is different parts of the country.

Election fraud is a huge problem, that's where the vote can be manipulated after the fact. Systems that record the vote on electron media should be illegal. Bring back paper ballots and use electronic systems to create them.

I don't see voter fraud that much of a problem, sure it happens occasionally, but it can be committed by legal citizens. The paragon of American conservatism committed voter fraud a few years ago. People move or have homes is different parts of the country.

Election fraud is a huge problem, that's where the vote can be manipulated after the fact. Systems that record the vote on electron media should be illegal. Bring back paper ballots and use electronic systems to create them.

The first sentence should have read:

The paragon of American conservatism - Ann Coulter - committed voter fraud a few years ago. People move or have homes is different parts of the country.

1.In person voting
Unless you are crippled then there is no reason what so ever that you can not make it to a polling place to vote.

how about a deployment, or simply working overseas? i don't mind having to jump through hoops to prove i am who i say i am, but in 2008 the captain of the ship wasn't exactly going to loan me a plane to fly back from the coast of East Africa.

I think showing a valid form of ID would be ideal.

for both voting and registration.

methinks raising the mandatory punishment for voter fraud might help as well; realizing that what we are talking about here is the undermining of our social contract and the deliberate overthrow of our form of governance, a few lifetime sentences (i wouldn't be averse, in extreme cases, to the death penalty) would probably bring home to everyone the seriousness of the issue.

how about a deployment, or simply working overseas?

They can't set up a polling place on a military base or embassy? If there is circumstances that would prevent someone from driving to a polling place I can see allowing someone to vote early or even by mail.

Last edited:

What proof is there that voter fraud is a significant problem?

The paragon of American conservatism - Ann Coulter - committed voter fraud a few years ago. People move or have homes is different parts of the country.
How does that mean that AC committed voter fraud?

What proof is there that voter fraud is a significant problem?
It comes up every time a Dem loses an election.

That isnt proof, try again.
Its not?
Then why would the Democrats make those claims?
And... why don't they make those claims when they win?

Voter Fraud is a Fox News myth...

Vote tampering is real.

No, no it isnt.

Then why would the Democrats make those claims?
And... why don't they make those claims when they win?
Not being in charge of Democratic strategy or even a Democrat, I dont know.

Voter fraud is real-in 2000 a task force in Ohio uncovered massive fraud in the NE corner (Dem dominated) of the state where several precincts-precincts that had given Dole (who lost ohio in 96) 35-40% of the vote did not case a SINGLE VALID BALLOT for Ohio 2000 winner W Bush. Joe Deters, current Hamilton (Cincinnati) County Prosecutor was head of that task force and was interviewed by 700 WLW talk show host Mike McConnell (now in Chicago) about this and he said dem operatives had ruined ever Bush ballot by punching another choice as well as the legitimate vote for W. However, when Al Gore conceded the race, the task force was instructed to stand down.

I find it hilarious that the party that pushes all sorts of obstacles -such as waiting periods-on to those who want to exercise their right to keep and bear arms is the same party that whines about people having to show an ID to vote

Voter fraud is real-in 2000 a task force in Ohio uncovered massive fraud in the NE corner (Dem dominated) of the state where several precincts-precincts that had given Dole (who lost ohio in 96) 35-40% of the vote did not case a SINGLE VALID BALLOT for Ohio 2000 winner W Bush. Joe Deters, current Hamilton (Cincinnati) County Prosecutor was head of that task force and was interviewed by 700 WLW talk show host Mike McConnell (now in Chicago) about this and he said dem operatives had ruined ever Bush ballot by punching another choice as well as the legitimate vote for W. However, when Al Gore conceded the race, the task force was instructed to stand down.
Dont suppose we could see some sources?

I was at the news conference

that's the best I can give you

I was at the news conference

that's the best I can give you
So, no you cant give sources. Shocker

I think we need well defined rules and horribly strict penalties. I think people who vote more than once should spend the entire term of the candidate they voted for in jail. I think voting machine providers whose machines don't work should be fired and have to repay whatever they got for their machines. People who show up at the polls in military outfits with nightsticks and intimidate voters should actually be prosecuted by our above-the-law attorney general.

If someone comes in, like the guy next to me at the polls in 2008, and asks the poll worker to help him find "the candidate with the 'O' in his name" and then asks what the rest of the ballot is for, she should say "I'm sorry, I can't help you with that. All I can tell you is how to completely fill in a bubble, to only fill in one bubble per race, and where to bring the ballot when you are done. If you don't know the actual name of the candidate you have been sent in here to vote for, you are out of luck."

If it were true, then there would be convictions or trials. Where are they documentm?

Republicans/conservative bring up issue of voter fraud because it has the tendancy to supress the vote of low income people.

Here is what Paul Weyrich had to say 30 years ago:

If it were true, then there would be convictions or trials. Where are they documentm?

Republicans/conservative bring up issue of voter fraud because it has the tendancy to supress the vote of low income people.

Here is what Paul Weyrich had to say 30 years ago:

yeah requiring a valid ID does suppress the vote of those who are not engaging in honest voting

and yes, most of those who are recruited by the dems to engage in vote fraud aren't wealthy

I did-not one you can find out right away
You gave me a story that is uncheckable. That makes it worthless as far as an exchange goes.

Find sources or clear the field for people who know what they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom