• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What lessons can Canada teach America about deadly gun violence?

Please cite a law that you don't feel is "burdensome".
laws against

Murder
Robbery
rape,
burglarly
assault
arson
trafficking narcotics

laws that prohibit obviously illegal and harmful behavior don't burden honest folk who would never murder, rape or rob others

you want to pass laws designed to harass lawful actions and criminalize non-harmful tings that citizens have done for decades

laws against

Murder
Robbery
rape,
burglarly
assault
arson
trafficking narcotics

laws that prohibit obviously illegal and harmful behavior don't burden honest folk who would never murder, rape or rob others

you want to pass laws designed to harass lawful actions and criminalize non-harmful tings that citizens have done for decades
I told him two or three times. 😆

laws against

Murder
Robbery
rape,
burglarly
assault
arson
trafficking narcotics

They're burdensome to the people who want to do them...are they not ?

Being sent to jail would be a "burden" to me.

Surely you don't care that a rapist is "burdened" by the laws against rape? Why would you categorize it the same as a law that places unecessary burdens in the way of harmless activities?

Except we are talking exercising a constitutional right.
Would you argue that a law requiring people to read the constitution outloud before voting would be a burden?

What time & money do they cost ?

You say that this has been proven as if it had been denied.

So what
The background checks deter the many criminals who're forced to buy guns from illegal sources. (Unless you're pretending that these illegal sources are somehow there preferred source)

Again, what is the "harassment" ?
Is the process of getting a driver's license, or CCW or indeed any kind of license, an harassment ?
Sometimes days of time. And it depends on what is charged for the background check.
As shown the background check doesn't stop dangerous criminals.
I'f so. Why are they not prosecuted

Law against murder..pedophilia..rape .. animal cruelty..
Do you find them burdensome?

Murderers, rapists and people wishing to be cruel to animals do...

Except we are talking exercising a constitutional right.
Would you argue that a law requiring people to read the constitution outloud before voting would be a burden?

Yes it would, because it would be un-necessary
A waiting period to buy a gun, or a test before getting a license is not.

Sometimes days of time. And it depends on what is charged for the background check.
As shown the background check doesn't stop dangerous criminals.
I'f so. Why are they not prosecuted

What is charged for a background check ?
Background checks are not meant to stop criminals getting guns. They are meant to shut down the easiest supply of guns and therefore make it harder to get one
Scrapping background checks would make it easier for criminals to get guns - is that what you want ?

People who lie on background checks, should be treated the same as people who submit fraudulent tax returns.

Murderers, rapists and people wishing to be cruel to animals do...

Yes it would, because it would be un-necessary
A waiting period to buy a gun, or a test before getting a license is not.

What is charged for a background check ?
Background checks are not meant to stop criminals getting guns. They are meant to shut down the easiest supply of guns and therefore make it harder to get one
Scrapping background checks would make it easier for criminals to get guns - is that what you want ?

People who lie on background checks, should be treated the same as people who submit fraudulent tax returns.
You just proved me right in your last paragraph.

Their tactics are generally to attack the source and its credibility
And if that fails, then attack the number of sources cited.
Let's see your evidence on the number of people who lie and try on a background check that are prosecuted

Their tactics are generally to attack the source and its credibility
And if that fails, then attack the number of sources cited.

They attack and undermine so as to destroy anything and everything, relentlessly, that they perceive as a threat or does not benefit them.

Thanks again for proving my point

...that's getting to be a common response from you, to anyone who you disagree with

It used to be "I accept your surrender"
What's the matter, was that glib response too tired for even you ?

Back
Top Bottom