• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What kind of wine did you have lately?

Yes, that would be a kind of translation. But in this case "Weißherbst" means a higher quality of a Rosé.
Conditions are: It must be a quality wine (Qualitätswein) and not a mixture of something, but from one grape variety only.

So Spätburgunder Weißherbst is a Rosé from Pinot Noir only, and Portugieser Weißherbst is a Rosé from the grape "Portugieser" only.
I could not find any French term for the "Portugieser".
Ah! Thank you for the translation.

I usually drink a nice Merlot or Cab.

Had some salmon the other day and a nice glass of Cab, only Decoy but my good fortune is that I'm unsophisticated and often enjoy the less expensive wines just as much.;)

red and dry. Thats the ticket.

Had some salmon the other day and a nice glass of Cab, only Decoy but my good fortune is that I'm unsophisticated and often enjoy the less expensive wines just as much.;)
To that I say; People who only drink expensive wines may be anything but sophisticated.
Maybe they just have too much money :)
Now I do not want to say that expensive wines are bad.
But one should drink them because they are good - and not only because they are expensive. :)

A group of people showed signs of poisoning after unknowingly drinking champagne laced with Ecstasy at a bar in Bavaria. With one dead, police are investigating a case of homicide.

No fear - I had none of that!

I have not had any wine for quite some time now.

Still no wine ....

I used a cup of Aldi cabernet red wine to make a pan sauce last evening for dinner.
Do you use red wine only to make sauces with it?
Or do you also drink it sometimes?

A had a pinot noir rosé yesterday - the German label said: "Spätburgunder Weißherbst".
It was fine, as usual :)

Do you use red wine only to make sauces with it?
Or do you also drink it sometimes?
I don't drink at all because of adverse medical inteeractions with alcohol. I only use wine or distilled spirits to cook or bake with.

Affentaler Spätburgunder Weißherbst

Spätburgunder = literally "late Burgundy" = Pinot Noir
Weißherbst = a special German variety of a Rosé

Only wine I drink is mead, mostly homebrewed... either by the Queen Dowager, her sister, my brother, or one of the other kindreds we have contact with. Keep meaning to do it myself, but I've been meaning to do it for over six years, since I was living with my brother.

In other words: Wine made out of honey.
What about wine made out of grapes?
Don't like the taste and it gives me a headache. I use a lot of cheap pinot grigio for cooking, though.

Oh, I quite like cherry wines and strawberry wines. "Country wines", I think, is the proper name for them?

For the most part, though, I prefer ciders. Apple or pear, dry, a little hoppy.

For the most part, though, I prefer ciders. Apple or pear, dry, a little hoppy.
Sometimes I have enjoyed a blueberry wine - but rather rarely.
Generally I prefer wine from grapes.

@ about blueberry wine:

Blueberry wine is available in both sweet and dry varieties. It is renowned for its sickly sweet taste that is neither watered down nor syrupy. It feels just smooth and pairs nicely with cheese and fruits with cinnamon. It is also a lovely option to serve alongside barbecue by the poolside, and blueberry wine will add to the overall taste of any picnic.

Blueberry wine undergoes a fermentation process similar to that of making wine from grapes.

I had a fine Rosé from North Macedonia.

North Macedonia[c] (Macedonia before February 2019), officially the Republic of North Macedonia,[d] is a country in Southeast Europe. It gained independence in 1991 as one of the successor states of Yugoslavia. It is a landlocked country bordering Kosovo[e] to the northwest, Serbia to the north, Bulgaria to the east, Greece to the south, and Albania to the west.[8] It constitutes approximately the northern third of the larger geographical region of Macedonia. Skopje, the capital and largest city, is home to a quarter of the country's 1.83 million population. The majority of the residents are ethnic Macedonians, a South Slavic people. Albanians form a significant minority at around 25%, followed by Turks, Romani, Serbs, Bosniaks, Aromanians and a few other minorities.

It is not a long time that this country has existed under its present name.

a Zinfandel Rosé from the USA :)

Right now I am enjoying a Spanish wine again.

I quote from the label:

Solaz
Tempranillo
Bio

Bodegas Osborne
Producto de Espana

Intenso, muy ricoen frutas rojas
Intense, rich in red fruits
Intensiv fruchtig, nach roten Früchten

Colombo Madeira. A port. With a movie.

Attachments

• IMG_20191122_223223_482.jpg
    IMG_20191122_223223_482.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 6
Tonight I am having a Spanish Bobal y Tempranillo. :)

What kind of wine did you have lately?

In my case it was a mulled wine at one of the Christmas Markets here.
Looking back ....

Soon the time of the Christmas Markets will come again! :)

I still enjoy the Bobal y Tempranillo (y)

Today I had a Grenache rosé from California in a restaurant here in twown.

Grenache (/ɡrəˈnæʃ/) or Garnacha (IPA: [ɡaɾˈnatʃa]) is one of the most widely planted red wine grape varieties in the world.[1] It ripens late, so it needs hot, dry conditions such as those found in Spain, where the grape most likely originated. It is also grown in the Italian island of Sardinia, the south of France, Australia, and California's Monterey AVA and San Joaquin Valley.

Back
Top Bottom