• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What kind of games do you play with your family?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
My kids love the sticker game - it's just hide and go seek but with stickers.

All it takes is a few sheets of stickers and a few minutes to hide them. I stick them everywhere - ceilings, books, windows - and let the kids find them all. Or vise versa - sometimes my kids start the game on their own and hide them for me to find.

We started this a few years back when it was raining. The kids were on a 'marker / crayon' ban - the power was out and they were bored to death. All I had were stickers.

We've done it ever since - it's led to sticker hoarding where we all buy packs of them and toss them into a sticker drawer. They've also taken stickers to Grandma's house to play, too - lots of fun.

My kids even save their stickers that they get from the Dr's and the bank for the sticker game. . . which it cool. That saves my truck windows - which are smothered with stickers over the years.

Sometimes i'll find them while cleaning - the hidden stickers that were forgotten, like the ones put under things or inside books (where they should go but they put them there anyway) :) It's funny (and finding hidden forgotten stickers is why I thought to write this post - I found some hearts from Valentine's day two years ago on the bottom side of my flour-jar in the kitchen. LOL!)

Last edited:
That's a very very cute game. :)

my boys and I like to play the fart game. you try to catch the other guy sitting down and fart in his face when he has his mouth open. we also shoot each other with paintball guns and bottle rockets

Catch Phrase, Sequence and Canasta.

Lately our family, while watching a movie, try to out-do each other by saying what movie or tv show a given actor is in if we recognize someone who isn't a household name (we also talk about names).
If we disagree, we head to IMDB and give the winner a backhanded compliment because no one likes a winner.

Last edited:
One I forgot that we play in the car.... every time you see a yellow vehicle, you yell BINGO! Whoever has the most bingos by the time we reach our destination, wins.

We used to do that with slug bug, but after I got clocked upside the head while driving on I70, I put the nix on that. :mrgreen:

Mind

OK...seriously...

The wifes family loves trivial pursuit. With my sons...even though they are both grown, we break out the 360. I destroy them at sports games...they get their revenge on me in Halo (but Im getting freakin midevil with the ninja sword in LFD2).

my boys and I like to play the fart game. you try to catch the other guy sitting down and fart in his face when he has his mouth open. we also shoot each other with paintball guns and bottle rockets

OMG, Oscar. I'm surprised you haven't been thanked 50 times for that post. Must be slow.

Last edited:
On long trips you count cows on your side of the car. If you pass a cemetery you lose all your cows and have to start over.

'Avoid the Reunion'

I generally know when a family reunioin is coming up, and my role in the game is to try to find out when it is without having my parents tell me. I'll then try to make plans for that date. From then on it's a matter of delaying them telling me when it is so that when they officially tell me (and ask me to put that day aside), I would have been able to fill that date and not give my family enough time to move the reunion. Of course my parents' role in this game is to book me early.

It's difficult, I lose more often than I win.

Who else likes to play the penis game?

I do.
What's the penis game?

Its when you sit in a crowded area, with each kid yelling penis just a little louder until someone chickens out.

:lol: That wouldn't work in my family, we'd all just yell it at the top of our lungs.

wouldn't work in my family, uncle charlie would hear it and whip his out.

Back
Top Bottom