• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is your theme song?

getinvolved

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
So I think everyone should have a theme song for their life. For example mine might be...

It's my Life: Bon Jovi.

I can hear it playing now!! :rock

What's yours?

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy: Big and Rich

Mmmmm...cowboys. :cowboy:

I've mentioned before that 4 years ago I was in a car accident(coma, 11 broken bones)...I was laid up in the hospital for quite awhile...

The first time I was allowed to get out of bed and sit down in a wheelchair, I asked to go outside...It was the end July and it was very sunny...

When I went outside, someone had their radio blasting...It was "It's A Beautiful Day" by U2...

At first, I laughed at the irony, but then I realized it wasn't ironic at all...

There is so much pain through natural & otherwise horrors in the world today, I consider myself getting off easy...I currently have some nerve damage in my face and right hand which is permanent, but considering what I went through, that's much more acceptable then the outcomes a lot of people go through...I'm 35 now and on bonus time...

I'm not even a U2 fan...But everyday is, indeed, a beautiful day...:2wave:

Easy one. Look at my sig. :)

An awesome song basically saying words are mear words and they are useless without action.

cnredd said:
I've mentioned before that 4 years ago I was in a car accident(coma, 11 broken bones)...I was laid up in the hospital for quite awhile...

The first time I was allowed to get out of bed and sit down in a wheelchair, I asked to go outside...It was the end July and it was very sunny...

When I went outside, someone had their radio blasting...It was "It's A Beautiful Day" by U2...

At first, I laughed at the irony, but then I realized it wasn't ironic at all...

There is so much pain through natural & otherwise horrors in the world today, I consider myself getting off easy...I currently have some nerve damage in my face and right hand which is permanent, but considering what I went through, that's much more acceptable then the outcomes a lot of people go through...I'm 35 now and on bonus time...

I'm not even a U2 fan...But everyday is, indeed, a beautiful day...:2wave:

It's not my theme song, but when I rolled my car I was listening to "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey

Theme song, that's a tough one. "In my Darkest Hour" by Megadeath

My theme song... I have a few.
Marche Slave by Tchaikovsky,
O Fortuna from the Carmina Burana,
Fade to Grey by Visage,
And Superman by Goldfinger.

Duke

getinvolved said:
So I think everyone should have a theme song for their life. For example mine might be...

It's my Life: Bon Jovi.

I can hear it playing now!! :rock

What's yours?

I have a few..

No One's There - Korn (for times when I'm feeling used up in this world)

Also, I spent many years as a kid, bouncing from foster home to foster home in a system that wanted nothing more than to send me back home to a mother who'd vowed to end my life the first chance she got. Through all of that, I became very entrenched in music, because it was my one escape, if you will, from dealing at times. Flash forward about 20 years, I'm a parent with kids, and finding myself wondering how I've gotten this far. What was it in me that made me the exception, and not the rule? Well, I heard a song just a few years ago by the band Cold, called Wasted Years. It's a song written, one at the end of their life, questioning choices they've made, things they could have done differently if they'd only seen the signs, and calling all of those years wasted. And it was at that moment, it struck me that that won't be me. That the reason I overcame the obstacles everyone had stacked against me, was because I CHOSE to. So that song, every day(and yes I listen to it everyday) is a reminder that no day is wasted, if one doesn't want it to be.

I have found only one song that I believe captures my inner essence...

CD - Yanni: Yanni Live at the Acropolis (Private Music / 1994)
Track 5 - Acroyali / Standing In Motion

btw... stunning sound and cinematic quality of the live concert on DVD!

~Tashah~

Arch Enemy said:
"Disarm" by Smashing Pumpkins.

Hey, you stole my thunder!!!

But I guess I would have to go with my second choice. When I grow up by garbage

Simon W. Moon said:
I've always wanted the Peter Gunn theme to play as I approach a room, to set the mood for my arrival.
When I wrestled, my theme music was "Tall Cool One" by Robert Plant, then switched to Pink Floyd's "Time"(much better)...Just the anticipation with the bass playing brought the place up a couple of levels...

Duke said:
My theme song... I have a few.
Marche Slave by Tchaikovsky,
O Fortuna from the Carmina Burana,
Fade to Grey by Visage,
And Superman by Goldfinger.

Duke

I was kidding about Fade To Grey. Anyone who has heard the song knows what I mean.
Really, it is Pain, by Jimmy Eat World.
Kidding again, In The Middle by the aforementioned band.

Duke

Simon W. Moon said:
I've always wanted the Peter Gunn theme to play as I approach a room, to set the mood for my arrival.

The song that I want playing when I walk in is Run Fay Fun by Isaac Hayes.
From the Kill Bill soundtrack.
Oh, yeah.

Duke

I believe Canucks theme song is "Blame Canada" but once he realized that it was canadas fault, he crawled into a hole and cried! :D

My theme song is definatly Banana Phone, by Raffi

I think Navy Pride's theme song is Prison Sex, by Tool. Look up the lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom