• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the true purpose behind these investigations on Donald Trump?

• Total voters
He isn't God? Then this picture might be blasphemous!

wvkphqs9hyo91.jpg
The literal **** is wrong with these people. Baptizing under a Trump flag?

Jesus wept.

I lost my patience with her childish POV with reading fountainhead.
No matter what you say, I will like Ayn Rand because she was totally pro-choice on the issue of abortion way before it could possibly have been considered "fashionable." She was outraged by anti-abortion Republicans and Libertarians and refused to belong to one of their groups. She at least believed in individual civil rights. MAGA would have appalled her. (I can say all this and still be left of center!).

"Trump is God."--The Right
It's so creepy. These are very probably the Elvis is still alive people, except that I didn't mind them as there is a wispy truth in that. MAGAs are genuinely unthinkable. That photo of the woman in the tub is sticking to me.

where's the "Dems are scared shitless about running against him again?

That is simple. He proved someone besides a bought and paid for party puppet can become president. The rich and powerful are making an example of him so no one else will even try.

That is simple. He proved someone besides a bought and paid for party puppet can become president. The rich and powerful are making an example of him so no one else will even try.
You don't think Trump was a puppet?

How cute.

Payback for 2016.

No matter what you say, I will like Ayn Rand because she was totally pro-choice on the issue of abortion way before it could possibly have been considered "fashionable." She was outraged by anti-abortion Republicans and Libertarians and refused to belong to one of their groups. She at least believed in individual civil rights. MAGA would have appalled her. (I can say all this and still be left of center!).
social darwinism is for individual rights, to the point of absurdity. If I am dead of starvation, then what good is rights at that point?

He’s not, but he certainly acts the part, much to my chagrin. His followers encourage his delusions… I’m sure more than a few listings in the new DSM-V apply to him.

I think if he is not held accountable, we are in real trouble as a country. I also believe if he’s indicted, we’ll be in trouble, too. But imo that latter ex would be a short lived phenomenon compared to the long term damage to our Republic if he’s let off-
You say: "I think if he is not held accountable,....."
Held accountable for what crime? Trump ran the cleanest administration of my lifetime.
The current President is using the FBI against his political rivals. FBI SWAT teams are conducting operations against Americans suspected of misdemeanors.
`

I see. So you're trying to tell me that the Republicans want Trump just as badly as the Democrats do. Is that correct?
Yes. Many republicans can't stand Trump. Secretly, of course they want him held to account. They just don't have the guts to say anything about him for fear of losing an election.

It's very unfortunate that so many republicans put their jobs and status above country and the constitution. This is what Trump has done to the republican party.
It will take many years for them to come up out of the funk they're so deep in now.

Matt Gaetz said it recently. The main objective for republicans should be revenge investigations. They should not worry about legislating or doing anything for the people. It's all about playing victim and revenge.

Nice job republicans.

-snip- Where is the pre-dawn FBI raid on Hunter?
Where is the pre-dawn FBI raid on any Democrat?

If you are on the 'correct' side of politics, you get treated with kit gloves.

5 days agoThe incident around 2:35 a.m. Sunday in the city of McHenry killed 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson, according to the North Dakota Highway Patrol . Shannon Brandt, 41, is seen in a booking photo.​

6 days agoShannon Brandt, 41, killed 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson early Sunday in McHenry with an SUV in an alley, KVRR-TV reported. He is charged with vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly...​

5 days agoCayler Ellingson, 18, was hit by Brandt's car in McHenry, North Dakota, early Sunday, after calling his mother to say that someone was after him. Handout First responders who arrived on the scene...​

No surprise. He's out on bail. I guess his killing must have been approved by liberal / progressives / democrats. Why else would he be out on a 'minimal' $50K bail?
Where is the critical thinking?

Is it me... or does he seem kinda shrill ?

Ellingson, Cayler - Evans Funeral Homes

https://www.evansfuneralhomend.com › Projects
"Ellen Nowatzki and family. on September 19, 2022 at 8:25 pm. Dear Ellingson family, we are lifting you up in prayer, sending love, strength, ..."

The agents didn't do this because he was some Catholic priest. They did it because he knocked down and hurt a senior citizen volunteer at a PP abortion clinic that had every legal right to be operating. Religion doesn't give you any right to hit and hurt people.
And in your mind that warranted 30 FBI swat guys? Seriously?

I'm so sick of these arrogant, bullying anti-abortion people that I want every single one who makes the slightest legal error to be called to account NOW. That isn't weaponizing the legal system. The arrogant anti-abortion people and their gerrymandering lawmakers are weaponizing it.

And in your mind that warranted 30 FBI swat guys? Seriously?
Please support your claim. The FBI gave Trump the option for the execution of the search warrant to remain secret and, even now, unconfirmed if Trump had opted not to leverage it in the intimidation strategy he launched instead. This, for example, would still not be public knowledge,

https://archive.ph/9gzOG or, if you prefer, and subscribe -

"..Aug. 9, around 9 a.m.: The FBI arrives at Mar-a-Lago. As noted above, it appears that the Secret Service was not given any notification in advance. Bureau agents were given access to the property. A source who spoke with a reporter for NewsNation, Brian Entin, said that the agents were in plainclothes, so staff may have thought they were Secret Service agents, helping explain why the news didn’t break.
The timing for the search, though, also minimized the number of people who would be around. Mar-a-Lago is closed during the summer, when demand for spending time in southern Florida is low. ..
..10 a.m.: Attorney Lindsey Halligan is called about the search. She arrives at Mar-a-Lago about an hour later. In an interview with CBS News, Halligan provided a number of details about the FBI’s activities.
The search: It involved “30 to 40” personnel, she told CBS, with “a handful dressed in suits, but most wore T-shirts, cargo pants, masks and gloves.” Some 10 to 15 vehicles were involved, including a box truck. FBI agents searched “a bedroom, a storage area and an office,” Halligan said. .."

Last edited:
Ren:

It's not just Democrats who are interested in seeing former President Trump be held accountable for his crimes and misdemeaners. Independents, some Republicans and much of the world outside of America want to see him face justice for what he has allegedly done prior to during and after his presidency.

There are no "crimes and misdemeanors." He has not been convicted of anything, despite ongoing efforts to FIND a crime ANY crime in order to do so.

Thus, there is no effort to "seek justice." The effort is a "witch hunt" seeking to find something to "burn the witch" on.

Your point about distracting from President Biden's failures is wrong. The US Government and Congress have gotten more done in two years of governance than the Trump Administration and Congress got done in the four years of Mr. Trump's presidency. Yes, President Biden is old and can be confused some times but he is getting the work of governance done far better than his predecessor.

Wrong again. There have been many "failures" of this current Administration, which have, and still are being discussed throughout this Forum.

As for "many successes?" Only if you are seeking to crow about all the mislabeled mega-spending bills which have been pushing progressive left policies and are the cause of both runaway inflation and other socio-economic woes. Oh, and that open-border "policy" causing so many other problems.
So why do the investigations happen still? They are still ongoing because former president Trump is a scoff-law, a confidence trickster, a liar, an incompetent chief executive and a threat to peace, order and good governance in the Republic of the United States of America. The man should already have been tried and put in jail for multiple crimes. Why he is not incarcerated is frankly beyond my ken. I any other country Mr. Trump would be demonstrating to all that orange is the new orange.

LOL! They are happening because the Democrats need to both distract from their ongoing policy mistakes and to try to prevent Trump from running again in 2024. That is all. As I've stated, Trump is "the man," and the Democrats are doing everything possible to "show you the crime" ala Lavrentiy Beria's infamous quote.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Cheers back at-yah. ;)

There are no "crimes and misdemeanors." He has not been convicted of anything, despite ongoing efforts to FIND a crime ANY crime in order to do so.

Thus, there is no effort to "seek justice." The effort is a "witch hunt" seeking to find something to "burn the witch" on.

Wrong again. There have been many "failures" of this current Administration, which have, and still are being discussed throughout this Forum.

As for "many successes?" Only if you are seeking to crow about all the mislabeled mega-spending bills which have been pushing progressive left policies and are the cause of both runaway inflation and other socio-economic woes. Oh, and that open-border "policy" causing so many other problems.

LOL! They are happening because the Democrats need to both distract from their ongoing policy mistakes and to try to prevent Trump from running again in 2024. That is all. As I've stated, Trump is "the man," and the Democrats are doing everything possible to "show you the crime" ala Lavrentiy Beria's infamous quote.

Cheers back at-yah. ;)
The only "mega spending" legislation is the bill G.O.P. refused to fund except entirely from borrowing!

Manchin, Capito discuss bipartisan infrastructure deal as US ...​

https://wvmetronews.com › 2021/07/29 › manchin-capi...

Jul 29, 2021No new taxes,” Manchin said. Lawmakers have credited the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee for its approval of legislation ...

Opinion | In Praise of Smoke and Mirrors

If we need creative accounting to invest for the future, go for it.
www.nytimes.com
OPINION
PAUL KRUGMAN
Aug. 5, 2021
".. They also blocked proposals to give the I.R.S. resources to crack down on widespread tax evasion — a stance that even cynics like yours truly found a bit shocking. What kind of party more or less openly aligns itself with wealthy tax cheats? ..."

The kind of party that would target anything and anybody in its constant effort to divert attention away from discussion
of issues that most concern the party's wealthiest political donors...

https://www.crfb.org › blogs › infrastructure-plan-will-add-400-billion-deficit-cbo-finds

Infrastructure Plan Will Add $400 Billion to the Deficit, CBO Finds

Aug 5, 2021 "Offsetting revenue and spending provisions would save about $206 billion in budget authority and generate $173 billion of actual savings. On net, the legislation would cost over $340 billion based on its direct effects. This is roughly in line with our prior estimate of the bill. *CRFB outlay estimate based on CBO contract authority..."

https://www.bloomberg.com › news › articles › 2021-12-20 › super-rich-americans-feel-relief-as-tax-hikes-cancelled-for-now

Super-Rich Americans Feel Relief as Tax Hikes Are Cancelled - Bloomberg.com

Dec 20, 2021 "One bright spot is that pandemic relief has helped the poorest half of U.S. households boost their savings a bit. The bottom 50% of Americans now hold 2.5% of U.S. wealth, up 0.7 points since the..."

Biden's legislative accomplishments in just 19 months are the most impressive in at least 50 years.

Last edited:
Or credit him. There will be real accountability.
You see a lack of interest in getting to the bottom of the Jan 6th uprising, insurrection, kegger gone wild, what ever to want to call it, so it won't happen again a wise decision on McCarthy's part.
I can see why one who hoped the coup would work out would think so.
In fact not having active participants in the planning or cover up on the committee has allowed them to pursue the answers more straight forward, than many committees, where an R would constantly bringing up Benghazi or other irrelevant doo doo just to divert the purpose of the hearings.
There will be a hearing later today, I wonder what new facts about the conspiracy will be revealed.

The first four.

Most ordinary Dems want to know the truth, and a lot of woke Dems really, really, really -- uh -- "dislike" The Donald, whom they compare to H*tl*r or P*t*n.
But not as smart.

Back
Top Bottom