• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the most efficient solution for gun control?

As I said, we will never get it down to zero but we should try to get it as low as we can.
Punishing law abiding citizens does not do that.
When you say "any kind of weapon" that could mean nuclear bombs.
Yup. That's true. However, a nuclear bomb is not a practical weapon for self defense. You tend to destroy the thing you are defending.
The government restricts those.
Illegally. Turn out, they don't have to. They are too expensive to produce, difficult to store, and tend to destroy the thing you are defending.

You are trying to make an extreme argument fallacy.

You confiscate semi's and auto's and throw them all away in a scrap metal yard, that would instantly make us safer.

No, it wouldn't. It would quite probably start a civil war.

Punishing law abiding citizens does not do that.
Agreed. We need to punish criminals, not law abiding people.

Yup. That's true. However, a nuclear bomb is not a practical weapon for self defense. You tend to destroy the thing you are defending.

Illegally. Turn out, they don't have to. They are too expensive to produce, difficult to store, and tend to destroy the thing you are defending.

You are trying to make an extreme argument fallacy.

They make small nuclear bombs such as the Davy Crockett bomb. Im sure there are some people who could afford and store those.

And while you are patting yourself on the back about that image, you might chew on the fact that there have been more mass murders in Australia in the 25 years AFTER the passage of that ban than there were in the 25 years PRIOR to that ban. You also might want to nibble on the fact that as gang populations and illegal activity has occurred more in Australia, you guessed it, so has gun crime...even WITH their strict laws.
OH...and heres the capper...you may need a glass of water to choke down this fact, but despite all the leftist arguments about gun control and suicide, the suicide rates in Australia are higher than the US...and they DONT use firearms as their primary means fo committing suicide.

But you just keep sitting there crapping yourself with glee over a worthless image.

Are you one of those guys that feels like a big man when he has a fire arm in his hands? Compensating for something Vance?

Every single stat you just posted is false.

Are you one of those guys that feels like a big man when he has a fire arm in his hands? Compensating for something Vance?
Lots of women like firearms too.

Every single stat you just posted is false.
Do you know how ridiculous and impotent sound right know thinking about my dick? Do you know how ****ing sad (and yet at the same time, hilarious) it is every time one of you anti gun leftists equate a firearm to a penis?

Every one of the stats I gave is 100% factual.

Lots of women like firearms too.
Yes...but bucky would rather think about mens penises when he thinks about guns. And apparently...he thinks about mens penises...a LOT.

Yes...but bucky would rather think about mens penises when he thinks about guns. And apparently...he thinks about mens penises...a LOT.

Trust me Vance, no one here is thinking about that.

Trust me Vance, no one here is thinking about that.
And yet you were so quick to go there. Its like a 'thing' for you. And if we are being honest...its a bit creepy. I dont know WHY you think of penises when you think of firearms but thats a trip only you anti-gun leftists should go on. Leave me out of your own personal hell.

This is something that has perplexed me to no end. Before arriving at an agreeable solution somethings must be hashed out. Why exactly do some people want gun control? Mass shootings or everyday crime? What is really preventing any reform? The upholding of the constitution or interest groups? After answering these questions...what does a solution to gun control actually look like and will it work?
Gun control has no impact on crime. If you want to solve the problem of crime then you have to address socio-economic opportunity and healthcare.

I think we should adopt a policy similar to Australia. Conservatives over restricted guns. The conservatives over there think Republicans over here are crazy over gun rights. Based on their record on reducing gun violence, they may be right.

...and if i thought we should adapt the laws of Saudi Arabia and how they treat those who want to eliminate their total openess about guns there?
What would you think of that.
You can't point to one country and say " Why can't we be more like them".

The short answer is ...."because we are NOT LIKE THEM".
You have to deal with OUR laws in OUR country.

I will fight with the last drop of my blood anyone who wants to eliminate OUR Bill of Rights to be like some other country.
All ten of them are precious.

but you can always emigrate if you prefer the way they do things someplace else.

Last edited:

Just more proof by their own words their intent is to ban and destroy ALL guns.
Therefore leaving the weaker of us prey to the stronger and more numerous criminal predators out there.
WE will all get old, and we may also become injured, infirm, and weak.
Without firearms we are subject to the whims of the strong and the fit.
The good Lord made all people, but Colonel Colt made them all equal......when it comes to life and death encounters.

When i get to be 75 years old, and a gang for three or four teenaged criminal predators attempt to invade my home, with a gun, I will still have a chance to defeat them, whether they are armed or not.

Without a gun, I have NO CHANCE....NO CHANCE ...of defeating them, whether they are armed or not.

You would leave me helpless for your utopian and unrealistic dream, while i will be dead fulfilling your dream so you can smile.

...and you wonder why we reject your unrealistic dream.
It is because we do not want to be subject to the whims of the strong and fit in life and death situations.

Last edited:
Just more proof by their own words their intent is to ban and destroy ALL guns.
Therefore leaving the weaker of us prey to the stronger and more numerous criminal predators out there.
WE will all get old, and we may also become injured, infirm, and weak.
Without firearms we are subject to the whims of the strong and the fit.
The good Lord made all people, but Colonel Colt made them all equal......when it comes to life and death encounters.

When i get to be 75 years old, and a gang for three or four teenaged criminal predators attempt to invade my home, with a gun, I will still have a chance to defeat them, whether they are armed or not.

Without a gun, I have NO CHANCE....NO CHANCE ...of defeating them, whether they are armed or not.

You would leave me helpless for your utopian and unrealistic dream, while i will be dead fulfilling your dream so you can smile.

...and you wonder why we reject your unrealistic dream.
It is because we do not want to be subject to the whims of the strong and fit in life and death situations.

You can call the police my friend or buy a security system.

National average police response time is 12.5 minutes.

Double tap drill done correctly, just under 3 seconds.

Which time lag do you think criminals prefer?

And yet you were so quick to go there. Its like a 'thing' for you. And if we are being honest...its a bit creepy. I dont know WHY you think of penises when you think of firearms but thats a trip only you anti-gun leftists should go on. Leave me out of your own personal hell.

Since you like holding big guns... how do are you able to hold them with such small hands?

Since you like holding big guns... how do are you able to hold them with such small hands?
:lamo

You just doubled down. How ****ing pathetic.

:lamo

This is something that has perplexed me to no end. Before arriving at an agreeable solution somethings must be hashed out. Why exactly do some people want gun control? Mass shootings or everyday crime? What is really preventing any reform? The upholding of the constitution or interest groups? After answering these questions...what does a solution to gun control actually look like and will it work?

The solution to gun violence is effective character building in sinners with bad tendencies towards violence. Sinners need God. Start training kids to fear God when they get older they will not take whatever is at their disposal and use it to hurt other people. Guns will always be necessary for protection from and resistance against violence.

You confiscate semi's and auto's and throw them all away in a scrap metal yard, that would instantly make us safer.

Semis carry a lot of food and supplies to people. A lot of people like to drive autos. They are cleaner and faster than horses.

Yes mass shootings - running at about 1 per day. And specifically gun crime - with about 10,000 gun related homicides per year.

Today is Jan 27th - and we have so far 24 (TWENTY-FOUR) mass shootings so far:

...deleted Holy Link...
Fake data. These aren't even mass shootings.
Repeal the 2nd amendment
Not gonna happen. YOU are not the dictator.
Ban all firearms from private ownership*
Ban the sale of ammunition to private individuals
Once all firearms are banned, allow a provision so that the Executive Branch can make exceptions - like single action, single shot hunting rifles or single/double barreled shotguns.
The 2nd amendment is there precisely to prevent this sort attempt at control. You don't seem to appreciate the right to self defense at all.

Gun registration. Ideally (impossible likely due to the scale) every gun gets a ballistic fingerprint done so if your gun is inovlved in a crime, people will know. That will force people to take more responsibility in securing their gun. Also if they sell it someone off the books that could open them up for liability.

Gun safety classes

The solution to gun violence is effective character building in sinners with bad tendencies towards violence. Sinners need God. Start training kids to fear God when they get older they will not take whatever is at their disposal and use it to hurt other people. Guns will always be necessary for protection from and resistance against violence.

Actually, a big improvement can be made by some very simple changes, neither of which involves taking guns from law abiding citizens.

First, make it illegal for these psychoquacks to prescribe mind altering drugs that cause homicidal and suicidal tendencies.
Second, eliminate gun free zones. They don't keep guns from entering the zone, but instead make it harder for law abiding citizens to deal with a mass shooter that DOES show up.
Third, Put steel doors on classrooms that the instructor can lock themselves. Steel drop doorways that can isolate gunmen (and fires!) that can be dropped on command from the office are a nice additional aid.
Fourth. Get mentally disturbed people off the streets and into care where they belong. You'll get rid of a lot of the homeless problem that way as well.
Fifth. Install border security on the U.S. Mexico border. That includes an improved wall. Enforce laws against drug dealers. People who make it their business to poison others is not a legitimate business. There is no reason so many drug dealers should be allowed to operate without penalty. Get more of these drugs off the street and you will also deal with another big sector of the homeless problem. Get the users of these drugs (including alcohol) into treatment centers. Yes...if you are homeless due to alcohol (a legal drug), treatment should be involuntary.

See? No one has to lose a gun.

Gun registration.
Nope. Building dossiers on my gun or the fact that I own one violates the 4th amendment and does not solve anything.
Ideally (impossible likely due to the scale) every gun gets a ballistic fingerprint done so if your gun is inovlved in a crime, people will know.
Nope.Building dossiers on guns or that I own one violates the 4th amendment and does not solve anything.
That will force people to take more responsibility in securing their gun.
Nope. People will still get their guns stolen. None of your proposed violations of the 4th amendment will change that. YOU do not get to dictate how I secure my gun or anything else. Who are YOU to decide what 'secure' is? You are not a dictator.
Also if they sell it someone off the books that could open them up for liability.
It already does, dude. Nothing about your proposed violations of the 4th amendment change that.
Gun safety classes
Who are YOU to decide what 'gun safety' means? You are not a dictator. Such classes don't change anything. If one wants to take them voluntarily, fine. They should not be required or their form dictated by you or the government.

Gun safety is pretty basic:

Don't point it at anything you don't want to shoot (including yourself!). Don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot. Always be aware where that gun is pointing as you draw, aim, fire, and reholster.
Always know the status of your weapon. Assume it's always loaded and chambered.
Remember that bullets often pass through your target and that you can miss. Know what is BEHIND your target.
Keep it clean. Dirty guns malfunction and can even explode.
Avoid crappy holsters that snag or put pressure on the trigger.

There. A gun safety class. BTW, did you know that most ranges require that you follow these kinds of rules before you can use the range? Most hunters practice these kinds of rules as well. So do most police.

That said, you will never stop people from drinking booze while shooting. You will never stop people from handing a large caliber weapon to some delicate young girl that doesn't know a thing about guns just to show what a 'man' they are. You will never stop people that insist on ignoring these very simple rules, no matter how many 'gun safety' classes they've been to.

That's fine, but you don't even need to bring religion into it. Train kids early what guns can do and how to be safe around them. Many a kid, as soon as they can handle a .22 rifle, fondly remembers the days they went hunting with their dad. Yes, teach a value of life and respect for other people.

Those that wantonly shoot others as if they were no more than paper targets that screamed when you hit them are sick people in any society, religious or not. They do not respect life, not even their own.

Semis carry a lot of food and supplies to people. A lot of people like to drive autos. They are cleaner and faster than horses.

That seems like a rather wasteful method to me, and simply not worth it... Those scrap metal yards are going to be overflowing with semis and autos...

It would also instantly and completely change the transportation industry (for starters), and we don't have the money to waste on completely rebuilding a new transportation infrastructure (for starters). Numerous other industries would also be affected by this drastic change, plus we'd have to convert all parking lots into horse tying stations, among numerous other changes of the sort (such as cleaning up all the horse manure at those tying stations).

Seems like more effort than it's worth, in my honest opinion...

Back
Top Bottom