• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is the Biden/Harris Plan on Immigration...

which is not true...even under Obama that was not true. My husband and his family came in during 2015...guess who was president..oh that is right Obama. They weren't immediately released, they had a credible fear hearing and determination, during that time they were detained...after released, they had to both report to immigration authorities weekly and were under electronic monitoring...so, you were saying?
If you want to keep on questioning my posts why don't you just state how Biden will keep illegals from coming into our country? And, I don't mean what they are going to do with illegals who come across the border. I mean what is Biden's plan to stop them from crossing the border in the first place?

No one is saying anyone who just gives themselves up qualifies for asylum, good grief. How about finding your empathy and look at what is really going on and how to actually address the problem. Do you really think that people want to come what 3000 miles with their children, leaving everything behind? I lived in Honduras, in 2009 a lot changed. I left in 2011...and I am the lucky one, because I am a US citizen by birth. When I left things were becoming beyond bad. Had I had another option, do you really think I would have left behind what took me nearly 2 decades to build? I left behind my 5 bedroom home, a ranch with nearly 1000 acres of land, a business that I was running selling those things from that ranch and my family. I left behind 3 vehicles and 2 semi trucks with trailers that had a contract with Dole. I left it all behind....do you really think that people want to leave? Most would rather stay close to their family even if they are poor...it is the danger and corruption that are driving their exit from the countries there... not poverty. That needs to be addressed. Having mixed families in this country when there is a US citizen spouse is unacceptable. If that other spouse is an immigrant, regardless of status (with the exception of if they have a felony) they should be able to regularize their status period, end of subject...IF a person is willing to serve in our US armed forces, their status should be irrelevant and we should allow them to serve in exchange for citizenship.

Question, whose responsibility is it to fix those things? To me, it seems the U.S. is in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation when it comes to this issue.

He was being dishonest, I knew that from the fact that I had actually read the link.

No, maybe he thought those weren't specific enough? But yea, he's right leaning, so **** it, he's dishonest.....

...other than letting pretty much everyone in and giving them free healthcare?

I don't agree with much of what Trump is doing, but what is a President Biden going to do? Perhaps more importantly, what would a President Harris do? The incredibly vague, 30+ page long "Biden Plan for Securing ..." doesn't appear to say much of anything about actually securing our borders or putting reasonable limits on the number of immigrants we accept each year, humanely or otherwise. Instead, it starts off by basically telling us it's Trump's fault that a man drowned his child trying to come here illegally. It has a lot to say about making it easier to come here, but pretty much nothing about what to do about those who come or stay here illegally, as if that won't even be a thing anymore.

Whenever a Trump supporter talks about the Democrat policy of "open borders," they're told that's a lie. So what's the actual plan?

I don't know, but I am 100% confident his plan does not include kidnapping children from their parents at the border or forcing immigrant women to undergo hysterectomies against their will.

Question, whose responsibility is it to fix those things? To me, it seems the U.S. is in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation when it comes to this issue.
I would say since we had a hand in screwing it up, then we should be there fixing it. From the point that Maduro was in office and was trying to deal with the violence there we started screaming foul, then we started deporting MS13 members without telling them that was who was coming...so, they were released and became an international issue. Then when in 2009 people in Honduras were fed up and kicked out their president...we stuck our noses in it, deeper than doo...and yes, I criticize Obama and Clinton for that...they needed to butt out...especially when the country was taking extreme measures to rid themselves of a drug trafficking king pin in their presidential seat...which is exclusively their business. We have been nosing around in Latin American affairs for long enough that yes, it is for us to fix.

I would say since we had a hand in screwing it up, then we should be there fixing it. From the point that Maduro was in office and was trying to deal with the violence there we started screaming foul, then we started deporting MS13 members without telling them that was who was coming...so, they were released and became an international issue. Then when in 2009 people in Honduras were fed up and kicked out their president...we stuck our noses in it, deeper than doo...and yes, I criticize Obama and Clinton for that...they needed to butt out...especially when the country was taking extreme measures to rid themselves of a drug trafficking king pin in their presidential seat...which is exclusively their business. We have been nosing around in Latin American affairs for long enough that yes, it is for us to fix.

Fair enough, but fixing it doesn't mean bringing everyone in, or does it?

Fair enough, but fixing it doesn't mean bringing everyone in, or does it?
no, it certainly does not...it means figuring out how to fix it so people do not need to come here running for their lives. It means gaining a coalition of people who understand what is going on...people that are ex pats that lived in Honduras or other parts of Central America (sorry if I lean heavily on Honduras, I lived there, not in the other countries in CA) or asylees that are here now. Concentrate on the mixed families like mine. It is not fair that as a US citizen, I cannot adjust my husband's status and he is instead stuck in the volatile process of asylum. We were married before this process and yet, he cannot adjust under I-130 even though we have been married 10 years.

no, it certainly does not...it means figuring out how to fix it so people do not need to come here running for their lives. It means gaining a coalition of people who understand what is going on...people that are ex pats that lived in Honduras or other parts of Central America (sorry if I lean heavily on Honduras, I lived there, not in the other countries in CA) or asylees that are here now. Concentrate on the mixed families like mine. It is not fair that as a US citizen, I cannot adjust my husband's status and he is instead stuck in the volatile process of asylum. We were married before this process and yet, he cannot adjust under I-130 even though we have been married 10 years.
If you want to keep on questioning my posts why don't you just state how Biden will keep illegals from coming into our country? And, I don't mean what they are going to do with illegals who come across the border. I mean what is Biden's plan to stop them from crossing the border in the first place?

Well, at least you're 33% honest.

Oh, let's be clear then...

You accuse me of being dishonest...

Do you think Biden is as evil as Trump will separate children from their parents at the border and force immigrant women to undergo hysterectomies?

Last edited:
Biden's plan is better than Trumps....That is all you need to know.

If Biden has the answers, why didn’t he share them with Obama during their era?

Oh, let's be clear then...

You accuse me of being dishonest...

Do you think Biden is as evil as Trump will separate children from their parents at the border and force immigrant women to undergo hysterectomies?

I think that any time a person is jailed for breaking the law they're separated from their children, and that whatever one doctor is allegedly doing has no more to do with Trump than it does with Biden. Even Politifact doesn't buy it.

Biden's plan is better than Trumps....That is all you need to know.
Just like, we'll find out what's in the bill after it's passed?

Just like, we'll find out what's in the bill after it's passed?
No, just like how I said it. Bidens plan is better, period.

I think that any time a person is jailed for breaking the law they're separated from their children

This isn't true, not for minor, non-violent crimes. What usually happens in situations where there is just a trespass is that the person is let out on bail. In the case of the immigrants, the families can be housed together as an alternative. What happened though based on the publicly available evidence is that the Trump administration did this to inflict pain and terror on immigrant families in order to discourage others from crossing the border. This is an inhumane approach to solving the problem.

So, my question is quite simple. Do you honestly think Biden would pursue the same inhumane strategy? Do you doubt me? Do you think I am lying when I say that Biden won't force families to be separated simply for the minor crime of crossing a border?

and that whatever one doctor is allegedly doing has no more to do with Trump than it does with Biden. Even Politifact doesn't buy it.

Trump is the head of the executive branch and is ultimately responsible for the decisions ICE makes.

This isn't true, not for minor, non-violent crimes. What usually happens in situations where there is just a trespass is that the person is let out on bail. In the case of the immigrants, the families can be housed together as an alternative. What happened though based on the publicly available evidence is that the Trump administration did this to inflict pain and terror on immigrant families in order to discourage others from crossing the border. This is an inhumane approach to solving the problem.

So, my question is quite simple. Do you honestly think Biden would pursue the same inhumane strategy? Do you doubt me? Do you think I am lying when I say that Biden won't force families to be separated simply for the minor crime of crossing a border?

Illegally entering the country is not "just a trespass," and regardless of that people don't get released on bail if they can't pay bail or they are a likely flight risk. Is Biden's plan to house families together? Because that's not in the plan on his website. As far as we can tell from his "plan" he may just be planning to implement "catch and release."

Trump is the head of the executive branch and is ultimately responsible for the decisions ICE makes.

What do you expect him to do, personally approve every act of every ICE employee? Wake me up when you find any evidence that a single hysterectomy, wanted or otherwise, was performed at Trump's direction.

Illegally entering the country is not "just a trespass," and regardless of that people don't get released on bail if they can't pay bail or they are a likely flight risk. Is Biden's plan to house families together? Because that's not in the plan on his website. As far as we can tell from his "plan" he may just be planning to implement "catch and release."

What do you expect him to do, personally approve every act of every ICE employee? Wake me up when you find any evidence that a single hysterectomy, wanted or otherwise, was performed at Trump's direction.
it is a very minor misdemeanor...you guys were just arguing last week that a class A misdemeanor...right up there close to felony btw, is not important....because the guy was a white right wing idiot....carrying a gun illegally....but that wasn't serious....

Why do Trump supporters admit to being lazy and ask us to explain something they can look up themselves?

The Biden Plan for Securing Our Values as a Nation of Immigrants – Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

So they can roll out the lazy 'open borders and free healthcare' tropes.

The truth is 'immigration reform' (AKA, stop the brown folks) is not that big on the Dem voters' agenda so the candidates don't have to go on about it. Swing states are less affected by it. As you've pointed out Biden has a plan, on his campaign website and it's more or less, 'Let's stop putting kids in cages, and go back to what we had before.' It really only matters to hardcore Trumpies, and Biden's not trying to get their vote - he doesn't have a chance.

So immigration won't be the issue it was in 2016. Back then Trump was more or less the 'challenger and immigration was what motivated the Trumpies to come out. This time, they've already been out for the last four years and are apparently happy with the way things have been run. The new challenger has to find something to motivate his potential voters.

So they can roll out the lazy 'open borders and free healthcare' tropes.

The truth is 'immigration reform' (AKA, stop the brown folks) is not that big on the Dem voters' agenda so the candidates don't have to go on about it. Swing states are less affected by it. As you've pointed out Biden has a plan, on his campaign website and it's more or less, 'Let's stop putting kids in cages, and go back to what we had before.' It really only matters to hardcore Trumpies, and Biden's not trying to get their vote - he doesn't have a chance.

So immigration won't be the issue it was in 2016. Back then Trump was more or less the 'challenger and immigration was what motivated the Trumpies to come out. This time, they've already been out for the last four years and are apparently happy with the way things have been run. The new challenger has to find something to motivate his potential voters.
um, that is not what is proposed either...maybe you should do some more looking.

um, that is not what is proposed either...maybe you should do some more looking.

So I glossed over the details. Two things remain important - they won't put kids in cages and their voters just aren't as motivated by fear of immigrants.

it is a very minor misdemeanor...you guys were just arguing last week that a class A misdemeanor...right up there close to felony btw, is not important....because the guy was a white right wing idiot....carrying a gun illegally....but that wasn't serious....

I don't know who "you guys" are, but I never said anything of the sort.

The first offense carries a sentence up to 6 months in prison. But that's beside the point. What do you think should be done with people who are caught crossing illegally until they can be tried?

Back
Top Bottom