• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if Tim Scott is a Trump tactic?

Captain America

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
When it comes to conspiracy theories, this one's a doozy. Meant to be taken lighheartedly. My crystal ball is my source

Tim Scott announced he is running as a GOP candidate for President.

Think about that.

What are the odds that enough republican voters, nation-wide, would vote for a black, charismatic and talented speaker, such as Tim Scott over Trump? What does your common sense tell you?

Okay, now that you have pondered that question, and came to your own realization, let's move on.

So, the next question, after weighing the logic and dictates of reason, is "why?"

Why is he even bothering? I think he would fare much better if he were running as a democrat, but he isn't. He is running as a republican who is pandering to the rightwing base with the usual rightwing poli-speak, with the intermittent prayer to Jesus thrown in for good measure. He presents himself as a full-on Republican.

Okay, why? Well, it gives the GOP some credibility, at least in appearance, that they are racially inclusive in their party, even when it comes to the highest office in the land. "There's room for all in the Republican tent." (Easy to pretend when you know the token you present doesn't have a bat's chance in hell. But it makes for good appearance and argument rebuttal.)

When Scott threw his hat into the ring, mathmatically, it just splits the vote even wider among those republicans that want someone different than Trump, does it not? We all know that the Trump idols are going to vote Trump no matter what, (if he ain't a convicted felon by then.) He is going to get X% of the vote in the primary, no matter who, or how many candidates they run. After Trump wins the primary, Scott will lead his supporters in prayer and tell them that God told him that they should all stand beside Trump now.

Possible conclusion: Tim Scott is secretly helping Trump win the primary and help in polishing the image of the GOP. He has to know, at the end of the day, this run for the oval office is futile for him at this point in time so there HAS to be a reason he is doing it. Money? Promises of higher positioning or appointment? Cabinet seat? Vice President?

Hardly anything is as it appears on the surface.

It's a conspiracy I tell you! A conspiracy!

Hahahahahaha...........................................

Perhaps, he's going to campaign for a decent time, trying to get all the brothers and sisters to vote for him.
THEN, he comes up with a decent excuse to drop out of the race and beckons his followers to vote for Trump.
Now, he is "In Good" with the GOP and if Trump wins, nice magical things might happen.
That's all I got..

When it comes to conspiracy theories, this one's a doozy. Meant to be taken lighheartedly. My crystal ball is my source

Think about that.

What are the odds that enough republican voters, nation-wide, would vote for a black, charismatic and talented speaker, such as Tim Scott over Trump? What does your common sense tell you?

Okay, now that you have pondered that question, and came to your own realization, let's move on.

So, the next question, after weighing the logic and dictates of reason, is "why?"

Why is he even bothering? I think he would fare much better if he were running as a democrat, but he isn't. He is running as a republican who is pandering to the rightwing base with the usual rightwing poli-speak, with the intermittent prayer to Jesus thrown in for good measure. He presents himself as a full-on Republican.

Okay, why? Well, it gives the GOP some credibility, at least in appearance, that they are racially inclusive in their party, even when it comes to the highest office in the land. "There's room for all in the Republican tent." (Easy to pretend when you know the token you present doesn't have a bat's chance in hell. But it makes for good appearance and argument rebuttal.)

When Scott threw his hat into the ring, mathmatically, it just splits the vote even wider among those republicans that want someone different than Trump, does it not? We all know that the Trump idols are going to vote Trump no matter what, (if he ain't a convicted felon by then.) He is going to get X% of the vote in the primary, no matter who, or how many candidates they run. After Trump wins the primary, Scott will lead his supporters in prayer and tell them that God told him that they should all stand beside Trump now.

Possible conclusion: Tim Scott is secretly helping Trump win the primary and help in polishing the image of the GOP. He has to know, at the end of the day, this run for the oval office is futile for him at this point in time so there HAS to be a reason he is doing it. Money? Promises of higher positioning or appointment? Cabinet seat? Vice President?

Defendant Trump has no campaign strategy.

Think about that.

I don't get it. trump hates everyone who isn't rich and white. I don't understand why a black or brown or any other race other than white Arians would support him.

He's scarier than the rest of the wannabe's because there's no reason for him to not denounce trump, and he won't do it.

Think about that.

This is easy: book tour, cabinet seat, get to keep the money, fox news.

Think about that.

You are partly right. It's a conspiracy, but it's not a conspiracy theory. It's bee done before.

His intention is to get some small percentage of the primary vote and then he'll drop out and tell his voters to switch to someone else. But it won't be Trump.

Regardless his rhetoric, Rick Scott is aligned with the big money donors, lobbyists and Mitch McConnell. ALL of them are against Trump.

And it's the same with all the others in the Republican race...except that Indian guy (can't remember his name and too lazy to look it up). At some point during the course of the Republican primaries they'll all drop out and send their voters to DeSantis.

Will it be enough? We'll see. But it wasn't enough during the 2016 Republican primaries.

You are partly right. It's a conspiracy, but it's not a conspiracy theory. It's bee done before.

His intention is to get some small percentage of the primary vote and then he'll drop out and tell his voters to switch to someone else. But it won't be Trump.

Regardless his rhetoric, Rick Scott is aligned with the big money donors, lobbyists and Mitch McConnell. ALL of them are against Trump.

And it's the same with all the others in the Republican race...except that Indian guy (can't remember his name and too lazy to look it up). At some point during the course of the Republican primaries they'll all drop out and send their voters to DeSantis.

Will it be enough? We'll see. But it wasn't enough during the 2016 Republican primaries.
Is that the splitter strategy?

I don't get it. trump hates everyone who isn't rich and white. I don't understand why a black or brown or any other race other than white Arians would support him.

He's scarier than the rest of the wannabe's because there's no reason for him to not denounce trump, and he won't do it.
Well, there are also women Trump hardcore supporters. WTF? Explain that. That makes zero sense.

Well, there are also women Trump hardcore supporters. WTF? Explain that. That makes zero sense.
I don't get this psychosis either! Blows my mind. What kind of woman respects and worships a known rapist? CULTIES! Very sick stuff indeed!

Think about that.

Maybe he's hoping to lure mango MAGAt magnet into racist rhetoric? It's not like MMM holds back anything he fires at other challengers or anyone that he sees 'going against' him. It will be hard to restrain himself and he's terrible at filtering what he says, once he manages to spit it out. A couple of MMM's quotes:

”But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done."​

--and--

"It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that."​

It's a joke when the MAGAts try and make fun of Biden's speech...a man who has to overcome a lifelong stutter very time he speaks. What is MMM's excuse?

Somebody's got to replace Pence on the ticket.

Ooooooo fun! Who could it be? Kari Lake? MTG? 😂 😂 😂 Dumb and dumber?

Or...Tim Scott if anyone could curb MMM's verbal diarrhea from trashing him too badly?

Think about that.

He's almost certainly nothing more than a spoiler, but I seriously doubt tRump had the idea. Ideas take brains.

I don't get this psychosis either! Blows my mind. What kind of woman respects and worships a known rapist? CULTIES! Very sick stuff indeed!
There are gay, lesbian and trans supporters of the Republican party. It can be hard to understand the motivation of voters, or what topic drives their vote.

Got it. Don't believe I've ever said this about a MyCroft post but this one sounds reasonable.
Since I always speak the truth, you should be saying that more often.

Even as strange as it might sound to you and me, it's quite an eye-opener that there are so many of these Trump cultists among us, is it not? It defies logic yet here we are.

But, these people are our neighbors, family, friends and they are as American as any of the rest of us. All I can think to do is just shake my head and try to love as many people as I can in this ol' world. Adapt and improvise. Perhaps it is not meant for me to understand these people. I dunno. I guess I will try to just love 'em and give up on trying to understand them.

I mean, the good lord only gave me ONE job. ONE JOB! And that job was to love everybody the best I can. I suppose we could all better focus on that one job. It can't hurt.

Even as strange as it might sound to you and me, it's quite an eye-opener that there are so many of these Trump cultists among us, is it not? It defies logic yet here we are.

But, these people are our neighbors, family, friends and they are as American as any of the rest of us. All I can think to do is just shake my head and try to love as many people as I can in this ol' world. Adapt and improvise. Perhaps it is not meant for me to understand these people. I dunno. I guess I will try to just love 'em and give up on trying to understand them.

I mean, the good lord only gave me ONE job. ONE JOB! And that job was to love everybody the best I can. I suppose we could all better focus on that one job. It can't hurt.
I'm sorry I can't agree with you. I can't even like, mush less love a woman who openly admits to wanting a degenerate rapist like trump to grab her private parts. These sicko's may be American by birth, but that's where it stops. When you support a demonic entity that wants to destroy democracy, that makes you a traitor to America. I can't like anyone I can't trust. Period. And I trust trumpanzees as far as I can spit. Not far at all.

I'm sorry I can't agree with you. I can't even like, mush less love a woman who openly admits to wanting a degenerate rapist like trump to grab her private parts. These sicko's may be American by birth, but that's where it stops. When you support a demonic entity that wants to destroy democracy, that makes you a traitor to America. I can't like anyone I can't trust. Period. And I trust trumpanzees as far as I can spit. Not far at all.
Nobody said the job is easy.

Not my "job" to love everyone.

Righteous indignation, also called righteous anger, in some Christian doctrines, is considered the only form of anger which is not sinful.
Oh, okay.

Well, I'm just gonna love ya anyway and wish you and your's an AWESOME Memorial Day Weekend.

Back
Top Bottom