• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if the CRU hack was not a hack?

Sir Loin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Last edited:
There is talk and I have no idea if it carries any validity that those responsible for the fraud could actually face prosecution. If that is the case then I would like see to charges brought against anyone who continues to perpetrate this HOAX as we know some already have done, including some in the White House I understand. They would be accessories after the fact.

This whole HOAX from the start was about money and control. Why else would the fake environmental movement protest the building of the very plants they were crying for just a few short years ago. Namely SOLAR and WIND generation. They know they go out of business if clean energy catches on in a big enough way that there is no longer reason to protest.

I feel kind of sorry for the poor stupid schmucks that got sucked into the belief that the HOAX was real. They thought they were really doing something good.

The same is going to happen to the fools backing the "Obama I Don't really Care About Your Health KIll Granny Plan" when they find out about the rationing and people dying waiting for treatment, because many doctors are talking about bailing.

Obama is a master at being able to use the truth as deception. Example claim the AMA backs his plan. Truth. Fact the members never voted their support. Fact fewer than 30% of doctors are members of the AMA. So a true statement is massively misleading. It's all from his training at manipulating it's the only thing he's any good at.

Obama and others are going to try to brush the truth aside and replace the exposed lies with new ones. Obama is the king of all liars to date, and he's not going to let this inconvenient truth slow down his thirst for power control and your tax money for one minute.

Obama will tell you a small truth to mask a huge lie. It's his style.

Excuse me, I seem to be lost. I was in the Environment Forum, and suddenly, I am in Conspiracy Theories.

Excuse me, I seem to be lost. I was in the Environment Forum, and suddenly, I am in Conspiracy Theories.

What a GREAT idea, I move that all "pro-AGW" threads get moved down to tin foil hat land, because that's all they are now. The realm of fiction, the hoax has been exposed.

Finally MG, you've contributed to this forum positively.

Global Warming is a conspiracy theory.

The emails are not.

Global Warming is a conspiracy theory.

The emails are not.

How can it be a conspiracy theory when over 8 out of 10 American climate scientists believe that human activity contributes to global warming?

How can it be a conspiracy theory when over 8 out of 10 American climate scientists believe that human activity contributes to global warming?

because only 2 out of 10 american climate scientists are telling the truth?

BTW, I can't help but love the irony here.

Steve Milloy (from the Conspiracy Theory link):

Yet the very same person has made claims that research done against secondhand smoke are wrong.

Thing is, Milloy has strong ties to the tobacco industry. To steal a quote, "Shouldn't he have rescused himself?"

I bolded Fox News, just for you, Sir Loin. ;-)

So in light of all of that, how can anyone take anything this man says/writes in a serious fashion? He's a joke.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Milloy]Steven Milloy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

What a GREAT idea, I move that all "pro-AGW" threads get moved down to tin foil hat land, because that's all they are now. The realm of fiction, the hoax has been exposed.

Finally MG, you've contributed to this forum positively.
Except for the fact nobody brought up any kind of conspiracy..............lame arsed rationalizations are of course DOA. As has been pretty much everything you have posted in non stop knee jerk defense of the CRU story. For example, a week ago you were bleating about if these emails went back a decade. They do and so much for any idea of integrity in your posts on the same. Opps for you, again and again.

Besides as one of the most passionate AGW posters at DP, the idea that you could by now bring yourself to address the information is prime time clown time in nature IMO. You are and have been just too busy sticking your fingers in your ears and doing the internet equivalent of NYAH NYAH NYAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU OR ANYTHING WHEN I DO THIS NYAY NYAH NYAH THING. For the life of me, and as evidence piles up about you, I can't figure out the pay off in your bold faced denials and of course your GINORMOUS blinders.:roll:

Last edited:
Except for the fact nobody brought up any kind of conspiracy..............

You do mean aside from the conspiracies that have been exposed by the leaked e-mail and software code (The software code's comments describing the functions to modify the data for the desired outcome)?

What in the makers name are you doing going after me like this son?

Just because it's a conspiracy theory, it doesn't mean it's not true, and just because I think they're watching me, it doesn't mean they're not.

If Steve Milloy is all you have, then you are the one who's in serious denial.

If Steve Milloy is all you have, then you are the one who's in serious denial.
That was so good a joke I actually laughed, strictly Vaudeville but funny none the less. As if this first bit of news about the not such a hack hack is "all" anyone has.

As you are engaged full time in the rejection of virtually everything that does not fit into your fervently faithfull POV on AGW, that must be a full time job too, and this story in particular, what was that you were saying o Cleopatra, Queen of Denial?:mrgreen:

You do mean aside from the conspiracies that have been exposed by the leaked e-mail and software code (The software code's comments describing the functions to modify the data for the desired outcome)?
Actually that was meant for Middleground.:doh

Arghhh (slapping self on forehead), I've not been paying close attention and thought this is what you guys were talking about.

Climategate: Which one blew the whistle? | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog

Latest follow up report on the so called CRU hack and the propriety of the NYT's Andrew Revkin’s reporting on Climategate.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/NYT'shttp://greenhellblog.com/2009/12/06/ny-times-watchdog-whitewashes-climategate/

A few excerpts:

Not to get off-topic, but there is no evidence of any hacking or theft of the e-mails. They were collected in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and were then stored on a public server -- inadvertently or not. Info stored on a public server is legally available to the public.

The most important revelation in the e-mails is IPCC muckety-muck Kevin Trenberth's admission that he doesn't understand energy flows in the atmosphere -- which means that there's no way he or anyone else can competently model the atmosphere. This is devastating.

They seem pretty upset in the UK -- CRU chief Phil Jones has had to step down. Penn State has announced an investigation of Climategater Michael Mann. Sen. Inhofe has requested an congressional investigation. Obama changed his Copenhagen plans after Climategate broke. I dunno... sounds like at least a five-alarmer to me.

So who's the whistleblower??? The suspense is just about killing me!!!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…