• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does "Liberal" mean?

Looking at several cultures and how liberalism and conservatism works in those. My conclusion is that at the very core liberals tend to emphasize empathy/mercy while conservatives tend to emphasize morality/justice.

The way I see it is that its a bit of a yin-yang scenerio. Any society rules solely by one or the other is pretty much going to not be a society anyone actually wants to live in.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/general-political-discussion/Being a Liberal means....[/QUOTE]

aside from the egregious and deliberate untruths in your post i think you missed something. the OP was not about your nemesis "liberals" in American political practice but the political philosophy of Liberalism. I know, philosophy does not interest many people much... all that thinking and stuff... might could give you a headache... but you might wanna become better familiar with the distinction.

Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine and all those guys? even good old Adam Smith are participants in the the development of Liberalism... the philosophy based on individual Liberty, not feeding the hungry as you show or fighting racism and economic oppression - you know, all that all that weak-kneed sissy 'caring about people' that you so deplore.

geo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom