• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think Trump followers would have done if Trump had admitted Covid was serious?

What do you think that Trump followers have done differently if trump had admitted at the beginning that covid was a very serious disease and that people should listen to the scientists and wear their masks, social distance and stay home as much as possible to stop the spread of the disease.

wear masks, social distance and stay home as much as possible.

Ok, so how would you measure his 'success'?

The fact that we're still here as a country and that we've seen a measurable decrease in cases over the last few months. With only sharp uptakes at the exact times that they've been expected.

I hold no delusions that he's been a miracle worker here. But I'm not going to blatantly claim that he failed.

What do you think that Trump followers have done differently if trump had admitted at the beginning that covid was a very serious disease and that people should listen to the scientists and wear their masks, social distance and stay home as much as possible to stop the spread of the disease.

They love their leader. They would have done exactly what he said

The fact that we're still here as a country and that we've seen a measurable decrease in cases over the last few months. With only sharp uptakes at the exact times that they've been expected.

I hold no delusions that he's been a miracle worker here. But I'm not going to blatantly claim that he failed.

So, he says, "I don't take responsibility at all" but he's responsible for your 'success'? How does that obvious contradiction work?

'I don't take responsibility at all': Trump deflects blame for coronavirus testing fumble - POLITICO

Oh I have a much more interesting question for you. What would the DEM's have done, dropped back and punted?

Democrats always listen to the scientists

You think the protestors are going to get that message eventually?

The pro Trump protestors will never see the light ...........

Democrats always listen to the scientists

Which does not do much good if you don't have power. If Trump had taken the biggest campaign issue of this election season off the table.....good luck. We would likely be much more likely to face four more years of this loon in the WH and Lord knows what else.

For example, it should be clear to anybody with a brain that Climate Change denial has got to end in the halls of power IMMEDIATELY and an integrated world approach adopted. Does anybody think donnie boy has the intellectual bandwidth for that??????

Well one thing we know for sure is the democrats have a lousy candidate and a lousy policy position on just about everything. No matter what Trump does, or doesn't do the left will criticize it what ever it is. They can't really lay out their programs because their programs are all extreme leftist. So, they attack and criticize every action Trump takes, the media will keep it hot for them and Joe doesn't get asked any questions. Is America stupid enough to ignore these tatics or are they going to demand Joe get in front of some real questions instead of the softballs he's seen thus far?

What in the hell are you talking about. This has nothing to do with the fact that you follow a lying cheating scumbag that led you to believe that COVID-19 is not serious and people died. You hate liberals so much that you have lost your damn mind

ALL OF THIS is the fault of the party in control of the Senate and the White House with the chief spokesperson being Donald Trump. The GOP FAILED to restock the Emergency Preparedness Inventory thus COVID19 had time to permeate the USA = permeation has yet to halt. Trump had two reminders to do this in 2016 and 2017 by the military . Of course all were certain the government would answer the call as always. TRUMP FLIPPED THE NATION THE BIRD INSTEAD.

And all the republicans and some members of the democrats can think about is shelling out billions to the oil industry, and billions to the health insurance industry and billions upon billions upon billions more to other corporate tax dollar leeches who are so so wealthy they don't ned the money and WILL NOT put the money back into the economy. When it comes to big time reckless spending the fuc-king conservatives are in the spot light.

Tens of Millions have lost their jobs, 200,000 should not have died and thousands of small business employers are going out of business all due to the GOP negligence of the right wing radical anti american GOP. This is
more fu-king negligence beyond reality and reckless reckless reckless.

I say COVID 19 has been in America much longer than America was advised. How long has COVID 19 been allowed penetrate the USA population?

5,000 have died in China.

Trump said he lied -

Trump Admits He Lied About COVID-19 Threat In New Woodward Book | HuffPost

Trump Admits That He Lied About the Coronavirus – Mother Jones

Pay The Stimulus Money! IT'S PATRIOTIC!!!!

The employed did not ask the government to treat the coronavirus threat as if there was no reason for concern. As a result COVID 19 came upon us and is not going away. Meanwhile the GOP government is still advising no need to worry all will be swell. and Trump said all will be swell yet again no matter that 200,000 have died........thus far.

5,000 have died in China......... China has the largest population in the world. There is something wrong with this picture.

Why is Capitol Hill funneling billions upon billons of tax dollars from the COVID relief fund to the fossil fuel industry as we speak? This is reckless use of our tax dollars. Fossil fuel does NOT need bailed out.

The negligent GOP Elected officials pay themselves more than $3,370 per week ( $174,000-$194,000 annually) plus a variety of expense accounts = Over rated and over paid!

We taxpayers should receive stimulus money @ $ 2000 twice a month until further notice to keep the economy on task and keep small business employers open and issuing paychecks.

We taxpayers should receive stimulus money @ $ 2000 twice a month to spend in the economy which to keep enough economic growth on the table that generates tax dollar revenues. After all tax dollars do belong to the taxpayers.

That's a lot of lies, half-truths and complete misrepresentations.To try and force down everyone's throats right there.
You do realize that the Mother Jones article is framing something as a lie, despite the fact that it's not actually a lie. While the book is still on the same footing as it's own allegation.

So you're running off with something that is trying to pass itself off as fact and not actually addressing it's context.

Spewing everything you can about the oil and health industry, only works to muddy the waters here. So with no actually reason to go off on those tangents. I'm just going to discard them, seeing as the democrats have their own investments in these areas.

China's claim of deaths is not something that I would latch onto. Seeing as they've already been shown to be falsifying their own information at this time. And the fact of the matter being, is that they can forcibly keep their people locked down, whereas we cannot. It changes a lot of issues here, where you have human rights laws to contend with. Which they obviously have to qualms about crossing that line, over and over.

Why did the stimulus bill not get passed this time around?

Can you answer me that?

The pro Trump protestors will never see the light ...........

So the people currently protesting in and burning down sections of their own cities, are "pro Trump"?

Which does not do much good if you don't have power. If Trump had taken the biggest campaign issue of this election season off the table.....good luck. We would likely be much more likely to face four more years of this loon in the WH and Lord knows what else.

For example, it should be clear to anybody with a brain that Climate Change denial has got to end in the halls of power IMMEDIATELY and an integrated world approach adopted. Does anybody think donnie boy has the intellectual bandwidth for that??????

Trump could care less about climate change. Climate change deniers are his base. They voted this clown in and we all suffer for it. But I have to blame the liberals too. Sitting on their asses in 2016 or voting for a third party candidate is just as stupid as voting for trump.

So, he says, "I don't take responsibility at all" but he's responsible for your 'success'? How does that obvious contradiction work?

'I don't take responsibility at all': Trump deflects blame for coronavirus testing fumble - POLITICO

Seeing as they used -without evidence- as though that was their position to take here. Because they did that as well when he said that their would be more fraud with the increase of mail in voting, which turned out to be true.

As per his own words, I can find reason to see that it was both his and Obama's fault. Because even Obama's administration was lagging in some departments for viral preparation and completely bloated in areas that it did not need to be. Which is why it was being downsized month, or so prior to this happening.

One instance in which he still could've done better. So no, he still did not fail.

That's a lot of lies, half-truths and complete misrepresentations.To try and force down everyone's throats right there.
You do realize that the Mother Jones article is framing something as a lie, despite the fact that it's not actually a lie. While the book is still on the same footing as it's own allegation.

So you're running off with something that is trying to pass itself off as fact and not actually addressing it's context.

Spewing everything you can about the oil and health industry, only works to muddy the waters here. So with no actually reason to go off on those tangents. I'm just going to discard them, seeing as the democrats have their own investments in these areas.

China's claim of deaths is not something that I would latch onto. Seeing as they've already been shown to be falsifying their own information at this time. And the fact of the matter being, is that they can forcibly keep their people locked down, whereas we cannot. It changes a lot of issues here, where you have human rights laws to contend with. Which they obviously have to qualms about crossing that line, over and over.

Why did the stimulus bill not get passed this time around?

Can you answer me that?

Except Trump did lie about the virus.

Trump knew it was deadly and deadly serious and dangerous and spread by air on Feb 7th and promptly launched into his "nothing to worry about here campaign" while from that day to this denigrating masking up and distancing, the only real tools we have had and TO THIS DAY have to fight the virus.

Trump knew in March that children WERE in fact susceptible to the virus and damn near claimed them immune which clearly they are not. 500k children have caught the virus and are transmitting it the same rate as adults and over 100 of these kids have died. The death of a child is tragic in that 50-60 years of life are lost, not that Donald could give a crap, not compared to his precious re-election.

Further, Trump's claim that his actions in COVID response are in some ways similar to Churchill in WW2 are laughable absurdities. I don't remember Churchill saying anything like "15 huns going to 0" or "the war will suddenly go away like a miracle". Give me a break.

Seeing as they used -without evidence- as though that was their position to take here. Because they did that as well when he said that their would be more fraud with the increase of mail in voting, which turned out to be true.

As per his own words, I can find reason to see that it was both his and Obama's fault. Because even Obama's administration was lagging in some departments for viral preparation and completely bloated in areas that it did not need to be. Which is why it was being downsized month, or so prior to this happening.

One instance in which he still could've done better. So no, he still did not fail.

What mail-in voting fraud? Both Trump's own commission and the FBI investigations stated categorically that there was no widespread voter fraud; in fact there is so little as to be statistically insignificant. Throughout the entire 2016 election process Trump took every opportunity to claim it was "rigged". Curiously there was no mention of rigging once he got the job...

Trump could care less about climate change. Climate change deniers are his base. They voted this clown in and we all suffer for it. But I have to blame the liberals too. Sitting on their asses in 2016 or voting for a third party candidate is just as stupid as voting for trump.

That was beyond stupid. Wanna' bet Black Americans vote less for Kanye West than whites voted Green in 2016? I bet Black Americans will virtually ignore Kanye.

Except Trump did lie about the virus.

Trump knew it was deadly and deadly serious and dangerous and spread by air on Feb 7th and promptly launched into his "nothing to worry about here campaign" while from that day to this denigrating masking up and distancing, the only real tools we have had and TO THIS DAY have to fight the virus.

Trump knew in March that children WERE in fact susceptible to the virus and damn near claimed them immune which clearly they are not. 500k children have caught the virus and are transmitting it the same rate as adults and over 100 of these kids have died. The death of a child is tragic in that 50-60 years of life are lost, not that Donald could give a crap, not compared to his precious re-election.

Further, Trump's claim that his actions in COVID response are in some ways similar to Churchill in WW2 are laughable absurdities. I don't remember Churchill saying anything like "15 huns going to 0" or "the war will suddenly go away like a miracle". Give me a break.

You're skills as a mind reader are rather ****, if I'm going to be blunt here.

You do realize that even Fauci flipped on mask and several social distancing stances, correct?
So is Trump the only person you're taking measure of here, or are you going to be that desperate as to ignore the whole world around him out of spite?

What mail-in voting fraud? Both Trump's own commission and the FBI investigations stated categorically that there was no widespread voter fraud; in fact there is so little as to be statistically insignificant. Throughout the entire 2016 election process Trump took every opportunity to claim it was "rigged". Curiously there was no mention of rigging once he got the job...

You do realize that saying no "widespread" voter fraud. Is not the same as saying that there is none. So working to dilute the premise from the start isn't helping anyone.

You're skills as a mind reader are rather ****, if I'm going to be blunt here.

You do realize that even Fauci flipped on mask and several social distancing stances, correct?
So is Trump the only person you're taking measure of here, or are you going to be that desperate as to ignore the whole world around him out of spite?

Cute but factually inaccurate. Fauci flipped on masking up and he has several times explained in detail his original position on masking up within the context it was given

Trump has NEVER changed his position on masking up or distancing only occasionally paying them lip service before going back to his usual denigrating and dismissing of the only tools we have to fight the virus.

For example Trump held two super-spreader events on Aug 27th and Augv 28th in DC and NH, little masking up, no distancing. Go two weeks out from those dates and guess where cases are already spiking.

Last edited:
Cute but factually inaccurate. Fauci flipped on masking up and he has several times explained in detail his original position on masking up within the context it was given

Trump has NEVER changed his position on masking up or distancing only occasionally paying them lip service before going back to his usual denigrating and dismissing of the only tools we have to fight the virus.

For example Trump held two super-spreader events on Aug 27th and Augv 28th in DC and NH, little masking up, no distancing. Go two weeks out from those dates and guess where cases are already spiking.

So Trump pays lip service, while Fauci is allowed to just flip...
You do realize just how biased you're sounding. The further that this conversation continues, don't you?

You're also doing much the same that you're claiming of Trump. Denigration & dismissal. So how are you supposed to be taken as legitimate in this as well?

You say spiked, yet it was rather nominal compared to what we've been seeing as of late. Though this doesn't address how most democrat governors are still allowing super-spreaders of their own to just protest unobstructed for nearly months at a time.
So you may want to address what kind of "topics" you're willing to talk about and which you're willing to just slide by.

Trump can hold those rallies and those people can go to them. Because this is a free country and I'm not going to impose something on them, that I would not impose on myself.
During the pandemic, we can say doing as such is more than, slightly stupid. But then again, so is letting hundreds, possibly thousands of people. Just trounce though your city and cause unchecked destruction.

So pick your battles at this point.

You do realize that saying no "widespread" voter fraud. Is not the same as saying that there is none. So working to dilute the premise from the start isn't helping anyone.

I never claimed there was none. It is clear, however, that if there was any widespread or substantial fraud it would all over the media. Neither the FBI nor Trump could find anything more than a few, isolated, examples.
The far-right Heritage Foundation, huge Trump supporters, could only find just over 1200 proven cases of voter fraud over four years. Eligible voters number around 150 million in the US.

Database Swells to 1,285 Proven Cases of Voter Fraud in America | The Heritage Foundation

Last edited:
What do you think Trump followers would have done if Trump had admitted Covid was serious?

i think that they would have taken it more seriously. i mean, it is a cult, after all.

Back
Top Bottom