• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think about this Planned Parenthood letter?

Do you believe Planned Parenthood gave that award to the clinic

• Total voters
Just an FYI:

Personally I like your guess of Brieitbart because while googling trying to find the first source where the photo appeared his website posted the photo the last day of June 2014. Others picked up the same photo and info July 1 , 2014 and July 2, 2014 and after.

Sorry I have to retract that statement.
It was actually Lifenews that first posted the photo on June 30, 2014.
Brieitbart posted it on July 1, 2014.

And yet for many it is some kind of "I told you so" moment.:lamo

My only question is....

Did someone fabricate the letter to create some "I told you Planned Parenthood was evil" moment?

or

Did someone fabricate the letter to see how gullible and distanced from reality many of the pro-life sides are....

I think it's quite possible that someone made it as a joke to mock PP and then it snowballed from there (remember the childhood game of "Telephone"?).

I am not sure PP is actually "proud" of the act of abortion. They may have pride in giving a woman choice and access to healthcare. To me, this is a major distinction.

It is a Business!

It is a Business!

Please support Planned parenthood for being a business. It is a registered 501(c) organization, which means it is a non-profit, and not a business.

You don't get much credibility if you keep on providing misinformation.

Please support Planned parenthood for being a business. It is a registered 501(c) organization, which means it is a non-profit, and not a business.

You don't get much credibility if you keep on providing misinformation.

Really how then do they get money from the Government as a 501 c Churches receive no money from the government, it's an abortion business!

Really how then do they get money from the Government as a 501 c Churches receive no money from the government, it's an abortion business!

Planned Parenthood is a health care service not an abortion business ( only 3 percent of their care services are abortions) and it gets reimbursement for services such as STD screenings, breast screenings , birth control pills for low income patients just like any private clinic with low income patients.

And as an FYI:

Catholic hospitals get Medicaid funding for services rendered too.

Repeating a lie does not make it true. Please show where they are making a profit, and not providing a service for no profit. I am sure 100% you will not be able to back up your claim.

1) You clearly do not understand what Planned Parenthood is or what it came from.

When contraception was illegal, Margaret Sanger promulgated it and opened the first birth control clinic in the US in 1916 to disseminate information on contraception. It took decades of arrests and court cases to get contraception information and actual contraception prescribed by doctors legalized in various states, to widen its acceptance, legality, dissemination, and distribution, and to effect research improving contraceptive techniques.

Along with getting arrested and going to jail and court so that we could all eventually have access to contraception in the US, Sanger founded several organizations along the way. The outgrowth organization of the first clinic, American Birth Control League, and one other organization she controlled merged in the mid-1930s to become what was eventually called Planned Parenthood.

One of Sanger's purposes was to provide a contraceptive alternative to illegal abortion, which was dangerous and which Sanger opposed. PP was basically a family planning/contraception NGO, and both it and its purpose were increasingly popular and respectable all across the US.

PP began to provide services other than those in 1970, when Nixon signed Title X for funding for family planning services/ contraception and Congress later added a mandate for preventive services and sex ed.

There were huge numbers of small PPs delivering such services as medical pregnancy tests, prenatal care, STI and cancer screenings, etc., and many poor and rural women availed themselves of such services. Federal funding to PP increased for the purpose of such extra health services.

The great reach of PP to rural communities and the poor led to its offering some general health services not only unrelated to its mission purpose of family planning, but even unrelated to sexual health, such as general medical exams required for employment and sports, flu and tetanus vaccinations, and even programs on quitting smoking.

In 1973, because of Roe v Wade, PP also began to offer abortion services - only first trimester abortions were offered and not at all PPs. The Hyde Amendment instituted prevention of the use of federal funding for any abortions except in cases where there were medically diagnosed threats to a woman's life and cases of rape/incest. PP separated its non-abortion and abortion services at every level of operation, notably for funding, so that any contributor could earmark its contributions for family planning/contraception, other health services, and abortion services.

Today, approximately 3% of all services offered by PP are abortion services. Its other services are about evenly divided between its original mission services for family planning/contraception and other health services. Some health services are provided for both women and men.

To call it an abortion business is ridiculous.

2) Churches have not received any money from the government because they are not NGOs but religious organizations.

However, lots of religious denominations have created NGO spinoffs for charitable purposes, and some of these have received federal funding. Thanks to its "faith-based initiatives" program, the federal government began to provide a tremendous quantity of funding to some of the NGO spinoffs. From the inception of that program, Catholic Charities received millions of dollars each year for some of its programs, especially those for special education and some health services.

Such religious NGO spinoffs have to follow the same rules and regs as other NGOs in order to received government funding.

Last edited:
You believe that certificate to be authentic?

I believe that Margaret Sanger was one of the most evil people to ever walk on the face of this planet. And she is the brain child of 'planned parenthood'. The devil would be proud of all of her accomplishments.

I believe that Margaret Sanger was one of the most evil people to ever walk on the face of this planet. And she is the brain child of 'planned parenthood'. The devil would be proud of all of her accomplishments.

Sanger is not the brain child of Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood was her brain child. I guess that, because you didn't know the difference, you have never produced a brain child but only children of mindless flesh.

And if you were to go back to the Gospels, you would discover that the devil is what makes your body do what your conscience and reasoning mind do not want it to do. Every unwanted pregnancy a woman is forced to continue against her conscience and good reason results in a child of the devil. And I'm guessing lots of those children live in Texas.

Thank God for Planned Parenthood.

Sanger is not the brain child of Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood was her brain child. I guess that, because you didn't know the difference, you have never produced a brain child but only children of mindless flesh.

And if you were to go back to the Gospels, you would discover that the devil is what makes your body do what your conscience and reasoning mind do not want it to do. Every unwanted pregnancy a woman is forced to continue against her conscience and good reason results in a child of the devil. And I'm guessing lots of those children live in Texas.

Thank God for Planned Parenthood.

PlannedParenthoodSangerPic1.jpg

Planned-Parenthood-Founder-Margaret-Sanger.jpg

Perhaps you would like to defend these infamous quotes? Do you concur with her statements? Yes or no?

View attachment 67171730

View attachment 67171731

Perhaps you would like to defend these infamous quotes? Do you concur with her statements? Yes or no?

Please point to the original material where these quotes are written. After all, President Lincoln himself said you have to be careful about false quotes on the internet.

I'll help you out. The first quote is a fake. It was originally claimed to be from Birth Control review 1933, but it doesn't
actually exist in the claimed source.

The second one appears to be a lie also. Let's see you provide where the original source. It looks fake to me.

Last edited:

Sanger was anti-abortion. Why was she evil for promoting contraception?

View attachment 67171730

View attachment 67171731

The first one cannot be found in any of her writings. The second one is taken out of context. She was saying she didn't want it falsely claimed that she was trying to eliminate them. She wasn't saying she was for their elimination.

Perhaps you would like to defend these infamous quotes?
Perhaps you should come back when you have garnered enough honesty and intellectual integrity to post truth not talking points and misrepresentations.

I believe that Margaret Sanger was one of the most evil people to ever walk on the face of this planet.
But then again what you think, especially when it is the result of ignorance it is not relevant to anyone or anything.

De - nial is not just a river in Egypt. Touche!

At this very moment, Margaret Sanger occupies a space next to Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin and Mao Tse-Tung in the bowels of hell. She richly deserves it.

De - nial is not just a river in Egypt. Touche!

At this very moment, Margaret Sanger occupies a space next to Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin and Mao Tse-Tung in the bowels of hell. She richly deserves it.

Care to address the refutations of your quotes?

View attachment 67171730

View attachment 67171731

False Quotes and quotes out of context.

From this article:

Margaret Sanger and the African American Community
Compiled by Anna Holley, SisterSong Intern – July 2010

Opponents of abortion promote myths and half-truths about Margaret Sanger in the African American community and elsewhere. This brief research summation is meant to dispel such falsified information distributed by those opposed to abortion and who are determined to distort her impressive historical legacy of enabling reproductive freedom for all women as a pioneering advocate for birth control. Sanger’s opponents use quotes taken out of context, exaggerations and outright falsehoods to paint a grim and racist picture of Sanger. It is important that we, as African American women, examine the historical evidence for ourselves to avoid the pitfalls of historical revisionism. While some falsify the evidence, others attempt to whitewash uncomfortable facts. We consulted with experts on Sanger’s life, reviewed primary historical source documents, and received valuable assistance from the archivists at Smith College and New York University.

<SNIP>

Published Statements that Distort or Misquote Margaret Sanger

Through the years, a number of alleged Sanger quotations, or allegations about her, have surfaced with regularity in anti-family planning publications:

“Blacks, soldiers, and Jews are a menace to the race.”

This fabricated quotation, falsely attributed to Sanger, was concocted in the late 1980s. The alleged source is the April 1933 Birth Control Review (Sanger ceased editing the Review in 1929). That issue contains no article or letter by Sanger.

------------------

“We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population.” Sanger was aware of African-American concerns, passionately argued by Marcus Garvey in the 1920s, that birth control was a threat to the survival of the Black race. This statement, which acknowledges those fears, is taken from a letter to Clarence J. Gamble, M.D., a champion of the birth control movement. In that letter, Sanger describes her strategy to allay such apprehensions. A larger portion of the letter makes Sanger’s meaning clear:

It seems to me from my experience…in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors, they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table…They do not do this with the white people, and if we can train the Negro doctor at the clinic, he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which I believe, will have far-reaching results…His work, in my opinion, should be entirely with the Negro progression and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County’s white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us.

The minister’s work is also important, and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation, as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs (Sanger, 1939, December).

---------------------------

“As early as 1914 Margaret Sanger was promoting abortion, not for white middle-class women, but against ‘inferior race’—black people, poor people, Slavs, Latins, and Hebrews were ‘human weeds.’”

This allegation about Margaret Sanger appears in an anonymous flyer, “Facts about Planned Parenthood,” that is circulated by anti-family planning activists. Margaret Sanger, who passionately believed in a woman’s right to control her body, never “promoted” abortion because it was illegal and dangerous throughout her lifetime.She urged women to use contraceptives so that they would not be at risk for the dangers of illegal, back alley abortion. Sanger never described any ethnic community as an “inferior race” or as “human weeds.”

----------------------

In her lifetime, Sanger won the respect of international figures of all races, including the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.; Mahatma Ghandi; Shidzue Kato, the foremost family planning advocate in Japan; and Lady Dhanvanthi Rama Rau of India—all of whom were sensitive to issues of race.

-----------------

Read more:

Margaret Sanger and the African American Community

It is a Business!

People who have "issues" with Planned Parenthood aren't forced to use it. So your beliefs about PP are irrelevant, to me anyway.

For many poor and low-income women who DON'T have doctors or health insurance, PP provides services they really need. You know, services like pap smears, low-cost contraception, etc. You ARE aware that not all PP facilities do abortions, aren't you?

You are free to believe whatever you want...no matter how nonsensical that belief is.

Margaret Sanger provided an important service to women who DIDN'T want to be burdened with more pregnancies and/or children than they already had. She was strongly opposed to abortion, as the procedure in her time was highly dangerous to women. She wanted women to have a medical alternative to unwanted pregnancies and abortions, such as effective contraception to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy.

That certainly isn't evil to me.

People who have "issues" with Planned Parenthood aren't forced to use it. So your beliefs about PP are irrelevant, to me anyway.

For many poor and low-income women who DON'T have doctors or health insurance, PP provides services they really need. You know, services like pap smears, low-cost contraception, etc. You ARE aware that not all PP facilities do abortions, aren't you?

HIV screenings and referals....treatment of early (pre) cancer of the cervix.......

Men's health as well.

The also help a patient obtain outside healthcare as well.

Counseling.

Fetus fetish. The Pro-lifers don't want anyone to enjoy life. These Puritans get a sadistic pleasure out of making women pay dearly for a little bit of fun.

I am pro-choice, but if you are going to be honest about it, you can have a little bit of fun without ending up having to abort a fetus, by just being intelligent enough to make sure you don't get pregnant. This isn't an either/or issue. There are plenty of birth control methods available that virtually anyone can find one (or several) which works for them.

I am pro-choice, but if you are going to be honest about it, you can have a little bit of fun without ending up having to abort a fetus, by just being intelligent enough to make sure you don't get pregnant. This isn't an either/or issue. There are plenty of birth control methods available that virtually anyone can find one (or several) which works for them.

I do agree that women AND men need to be more responsible. But if you are talking low cost birth control in that segment that is too rich for Medicaid and too poor for insurance....it is Planned Parenthood that is frequently giving them affordable or free options. The most reliable birth control - are the long term options (don't have to worry about forgetting a pill)even at Planned Parenthood are expensive.

I do agree that women AND men need to be more responsible. But if you are talking low cost birth control in that segment that is too rich for Medicaid and too poor for insurance....it is Planned Parenthood that is frequently giving them affordable or free options. The most reliable birth control - are the long term options (don't have to worry about forgetting a pill)even at Planned Parenthood are expensive.

To the bolded: Yes, most definitely. They were around when I was young and needed birth control, and they fill a great need in the lives of many a young woman when it comes to making sure she doesn't end up a statistic in the abortion question. I just wish that more women would use birth control responsibly, rather than finding it necessary to utilize abortion services in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom