• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

what do you do when you just found out a new

Time for a friend drop:(

Ah. See, I'm never the central event of a friend gathering. To do so means you carry responsibility. I actually enjoy going to parties/get-togethers where I don't know everyone and can just chill with new people.

The closest I come to it is having hosted a couple Super Bowl parties in the past that contain both co-workers and a few of my best friends. Having said that, I knew all of them very well, so there would be no shocks there.

Fascinating for your therapist, but does little to address LL's question.

LL, of course you tell your friends. This old hag did something horrible and without conscience to vulnerable, older people. Neither you nor your friends are trained to determine whether or not Mrs Cravitz has reformed. To heck with her. She's one of the lowest of life forms, and I wouldn't give her a second thought. Your friends deserve to know the information. What they choose to do with it is up to them.

It's not gossip. It's important information that could spare you or your friends some serious problems.

I once worked with a man who had a felony charge for sexual assault against a woman with whom he worked. Considering that occured at his former workplace, you bet I made sure every woman I knew at our office was given this information. I even told a few people right in front of him. So what. Maybe someone somewhere believes he deserved a second chance, but I certainly wasn't going to be in that office alone with him after hours. Too bad for him if people shun him.

LL, of course you tell your friends. This old hag did something horrible and without conscience to vulnerable, older people. Neither you nor your friends are trained to determine whether or not Mrs Cravitz has reformed. To heck with her. She's one of the lowest of life forms, and I wouldn't give her a second thought. Your friends deserve to know the information. What they choose to do with it is up to them.

It's not gossip. It's important information that could spare you or your friends some serious problems.

I once worked with a man who had a felony charge for sexual assault against a woman with whom he worked. Considering that occured at his former workplace, you bet I made sure every woman I knew at our office was given this information. I even told a few people right in front of him. So what. Maybe someone somewhere believes he deserved a second chance, but I certainly wasn't going to be in that office alone with him after hours. Too bad for him if people shun him.

Not to insult the other pieces of advice, but this is the best one, liblady. If I was in your group of friends, I would want you to tell me what you learned. You owe it to your friends.

i've decided to approach her privately, show her the article, and give her a chance to explain. i don't believe she can, so i will ask her to leave the group. people closest to me know, and i will tell the few others who need to know. thanks!!

Not to insult the other pieces of advice, but this is the best one, liblady. If I was in your group of friends, I would want you to tell me what you learned. You owe it to your friends.

thanks, advice appreciated.

I know it was glib but sometimes the right answers are the most obvious ones.

BTW...I looked up the Morgan. Its nice!

that's ok......my biggest problem is getting her out of the group gracefully.

we love the morgan!

friend has been a senior scam artist? damn, just damn.

Been watching this thread. I hope you'll give this lady a compassionate "hearing." People change in eight years.

i've decided to approach her privately, show her the article, and give her a chance to explain. i don't believe she can, so i will ask her to leave the group. people closest to me know, and i will tell the few others who need to know. thanks!!

Please come back and report here what happened. I am genuinely intereted to read about how she reacted to the article.

Please come back and report here what happened. I am genuinely intereted to read about how she reacted to the article.

i will...i called the county sheriff's office and have requested they call me with any info they have. at the least, i don't want her scamming anyone i know. ;-)

that's ok......my biggest problem is getting her out of the group gracefully.

we love the morgan!

Thats easy...tap her on the shoulder, say "look...a quarter" and when she bends over boot her in the ass and slam the door quick-like!

I think a natural consequence of her past choices has to be that people protect themselves from her...even if she is a changed person trust is hard to rebuild and certainly doesnt come with the verbal pronouncement of repentence and change. There has to be some sort of support group for geriatric ex-cons...

Back
Top Bottom