• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you believe in the Bible to be true, if anything?

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Needless to say, I believe everything is the Bible to be true but I am curious as to what parts of the Bible you believe to be true?

I believe some of the locations mentioned were actual places that exist or existed.

I believe the events, but I don't believe all the similes and metaphors are literal.

"Harder than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle" means that its impossible.

When it comes to the Jewish scriptures, all of it is true, and some of it might even be historically accurate

Needless to say, I believe everything is the Bible to be true but I am curious as to what parts of the Bible you believe to be true?

The Bible is true with the exceptions of mistranslations. But it cannot be approached as a book of facts...it is not about right or wrong or good vs. evil. Knowledge of these things is eating from the wrong tree. It leads to ego inflation and furthers separation from God. What the Bible really is a book of revelation and inspiration...inspiration literally meaning “taking in the spirit”. It is the Good News and calls us to understand what the good news is. Unless it speaks to one’s Spirit there will be no genuine understanding...with the aid of the Spirit the wisdom of the Bible is revealed. Finally, for Christians it is a call to follow Jesus. Jesus called the discipleship...Mark 1:18...”And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.” Straightway means immediately and with urgency...urgency to find life. Nets should be read as anything that was entrapping them...family, jobs....but more importantly any addictions whether they be preconceptions, beliefs or especially any inflated sense of self.

The Bible has so many inconsistencies, I find it hard to believe that anyone who actually takes the time to read it actually believes it.

Here's a link to a guy who is good at pointing out all of the issues.

And here's another one:
YouTube

everything

The ten commandments seem to be good rules.

The rest is fiction that has been purposely missinterpeted for centuries, what we have now is just a bastardised version not even close to the original manuscripts...

The Bible is true with the exceptions of mistranslations. But it cannot be approached as a book of facts...it is not about right or wrong or good vs. evil. Knowledge of these things is eating from the wrong tree. It leads to ego inflation and furthers separation from God. What the Bible really is a book of revelation and inspiration...inspiration literally meaning “taking in the spirit”. It is the Good News and calls us to understand what the good news is. Unless it speaks to one’s Spirit there will be no genuine understanding...with the aid of the Spirit the wisdom of the Bible is revealed. Finally, for Christians it is a call to follow Jesus. Jesus called the discipleship...Mark 1:18...”And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.” Straightway means immediately and with urgency...urgency to find life. Nets should be read as anything that was entrapping them...family, jobs....but more importantly any addictions whether they be preconceptions, beliefs or especially any inflated sense of self.

So, what is that good news? Do you know?

The Bible has so many inconsistencies, I find it hard to believe that anyone who actually takes the time to read it actually believes it.

Here's a link to a guy who is good at pointing out all of the issues.

And here's another one:
YouTube

Are you serious ?? Or are you just anxious to have something to disagree with ? I would think that even Watchtower would have this right. I come here to share...if you wish to critique return to my post that you quoted and tell me what the party line is. You are wasting time if you are seeking to entrap me.

Are you serious ?? Or are you just anxious to have something to disagree with ? I would think that even Watchtower would have this right. I come here to share...if you wish to critique return to my post that you quoted and tell me what the party line is. You are wasting time if you are seeking to entrap me.

It's an easy enough question to answer, found in the Bible...yet a lot of people have no idea what it is...

It's an easy enough question to answer, found in the Bible...yet a lot of people have no idea what it is...

Being that easy then there is no reason to answer. Most people ask questions to learn something. What is your reason ?

hehe...I believe it all...though we may have come to a couple of differences in how we interpret it. ;)

Feels like it's been a while, lady, hope all's well.

I believe the events, but I don't believe all the similes and metaphors are literal.

"Harder than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle" means that its impossible.

I think there's a difference in being true and taking something literally...similes and metaphors, as well as parables fit that category...they are true but not to be taken literally...there is a message/lesson to be learned in them...

hehe...I believe it all...though we may have come to a couple of differences in how we interpret it. ;)

Feels like it's been a while, lady, hope all's well.

Hiya stranger...where in the heck have you been?:)

Hiya stranger...where in the heck have you been?:)

Purging...but I'm making my way back. ;) Rough start to the year, no room for the brawling. I'd like to say things have improved, but I think I'm just getting used to the terrible / scary / disheartening stuff, to where intellectual entertainment is looking good again.

You staying safe where you're at? I'm reading some scary stuff coming out of the south...my apologies, if you've ever told me what state you're from, I've forgotten.

Purging...but I'm making my way back. ;) Rough start to the year, no room for the brawling. I'd like to say things have improved, but I think I'm just getting used to the terrible / scary / disheartening stuff, to where intellectual entertainment is looking good again.

You staying safe where you're at? I'm reading some scary stuff coming out of the south...my apologies, if you've ever told me what state you're from, I've forgotten.

Good old Virginia...I try to, by not going anywhere...I kinda like it, really...we had an article just this week of how the young people are going to Myrtle and bringing the virus back here...not good...how are things in your neck of the woods?

Good old Virginia...I try to, by not going anywhere...I kinda like it, really...we had an article just this week of how the young people are going to Myrtle and bringing the virus back here...not good...how are things in your neck of the woods?

Good stuff, stay smart. :)

We have our problems up here, but they haven't been as bad... I think people took it a little more seriously. But now we're reopening as well, so...waiting on the fallout from that. My wife is a hairstylist, and she works out of our home. Very high risk proposition, especially given our 7 year old needs a puffer when he gets the common cold so we would 100% lose him if he gets this, but thankfully her clientele is great (responsible, supportive, compliant), and we've done everything we can to make it safe. Fear is a daily thing, but fear keeps you vigilant, so our chances are good - we're aware that one slip up will cause our entire world to collapse, that tends to inspire good intelligent behavior.

Crazy world we find ourselves in, huh?

By the way....I answered the original question of your thread....answer that if you will...and then you can start a new thread on the good news...always first things first...:)

Good stuff, stay smart. :)

We have our problems up here, but they haven't been as bad... I think people took it a little more seriously. But now we're reopening as well, so...waiting on the fallout from that. My wife is a hairstylist, and she works out of our home. Very high risk proposition, especially given our 7 year old needs a puffer when he gets the common cold so we would 100% lose him if he gets this, but thankfully her clientele is great (responsible, supportive, compliant), and we've done everything we can to make it safe. Fear is a daily thing, but fear keeps you vigilant, so our chances are good - we're aware that one slip up will cause our entire world to collapse, that tends to inspire good intelligent behavior.

Crazy world we find ourselves in, huh?

It sure is but I'm really glad to see you...when people disappear for awhile, we tend to think the worst, especially with this crazy virus, ya know? Fear can indeed be a protection...y'all stay safe...

It sure is but I'm really glad to see you...when people disappear for awhile, we tend to think the worst, especially with this crazy virus, ya know? Fear can indeed be a protection...y'all stay safe...

Love you too, lady. :) See you around.

I believe everything is the Bible to be true but I am curious as to what parts of the Bible you believe to be true?

Why do you believe that? Do you have a good reason?

Personally, I don't believe any of it to be factually true, except to the extent that it is confirmed by good logic or scientific evidence.

Last edited:
Hadith - Book of Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah - Sahih al-Bukhari - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

"Narrated Abu Huraira:
The people of the Book used to read the Torah in Hebrew and then explain it in Arabic to the Muslims. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said (to the Muslims). "Do not believe the people of the Book, nor disbelieve them, but say, 'We believe in Allah and whatever is revealed to us, and whatever is revealed to you.'"

Hadith - Book of Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah - Sahih al-Bukhari - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

"Narrated Abu Huraira:
The people of the Book used to read the Torah in Hebrew and then explain it in Arabic to the Muslims. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said (to the Muslims). "Do not believe the people of the Book, nor disbelieve them, but say, 'We believe in Allah and whatever is revealed to us, and whatever is revealed to you.'"

Very interesting.....the same sentiments as expressed in Deuteronomy 29:29.....

Back
Top Bottom