• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Salmon Loaf.....it's an on going project to develop a recipe that tastes the way I want, got the flavor down pretty well, working an adding some "crunch" to it.
A sauce the salmon that's tangy and low fat.....FF Greek yogurt, lemon juice, white pepper, dill, lemon juice, salt, Parmesan....
Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Italian Green Beans

Anyone not cooking some greens for a decent amount of time like braising like collard, mustard, or kale or those putting raw broccoli on veggie trays or in their salads and raw kale becomes a real problem to people over the age of 50. It causes a lot of intestinal discomfort and gas and not someone you want to be stuck in an elevator with. Just saying

Tonight, we just finished off a lot of leftovers.
Tomorow, which is already here, is Friday we will be having meatloaf and A gratin potatoes along with some more excellent sweet corn on the cob. Saturday, it will be leftovers. The leftover corn on the cob will be taken off the cob and will be joined with carrots that have been steamed in a microwave steamer. It will be combined with frozen peas. This is called succotash. Combining any vegetables together is succotash.

On Sunday we will be having steak.
I am so envious of your corn crop. Ours was raided, again.

I am so envious of your corn crop. Ours was raided, again.
I am so sorry. Growing a garden is a lot of work only to have some critter run off with the fruits of your labor.
Our local corn has been excellent this year. Some of the best I have ever had. On July 4th it wasn't even knee high. Due to farmers unable to work the fields because of the excessive amount of rain in the Spring. Outside the city limits you will see pickup trucks full of freshly picked corn and other veggies selling them right out of the back of their trucks. My brother has 8 acres and always puts in a good size garden. I usually get some tomatoes, green beans, bell peppers, summer squash, eggplant but this year their garden did not do well. All my roadside stops I go for tomatoes are not selling any. So next year, I am going to plant beefsteak and heirlooms. along with fresh herbs I grow in pots and access them right outside my back door off from the kitchen.

Grilled chicken breasts - my son had his with a side of KC master BBQ sauce and sweet corn on the Cobb.

I put mine over a salad of iceberg/romaine mix, cucumbers from my garden, olives, cherry tomatoes from my garden, and a honey balsamic dressing.

Homemade nachos on organic toriltilla chips with guacamole, vegetarian refried beans and shredded mild cheddar cheese. Pineapple sherbet for dessert.

Had fun the last few days with serving company food casually on a platter. The best part is it was easy. I did a nicoise salad platter, a taco platter, a ploughman's lunch platter and a South Carolina low country shellfish boil platter.......not all the same time of course!

Last edited:
Bacon & Egg Sandwich and a glass of milk

Sandwich with leftover ribeye steak on Artisan roll with tomato, onion and mayo. Claussen pickle on the side. Pineapple sherbet for dessert.

Big mac and fries.
I have had one Big Mac in my life. I hate Russian dressing but when I was pregnant with my first I woke up craving one. Husband brought me one and a huge order of fries and it was delicious. Haven't wanted one since.

I have had one Big Mac in my life. I hate Russian dressing but when I was pregnant with my first I woke up craving one. Husband brought me one and a huge order of fries and it was delicious. Haven't wanted one since.
I save up calories for it. It's generally a weekend road meal after I've done some physical stuff. It's a decent burger that doesn't overload me with fat and leave me feeling weighed down.

I watched Adam Zimmern today and he was at Barney Greenglass in NYC and Nova Scotia eggs and onions with bialys was on the menu. So, that's what we had. He also featured potato knishes. Heading out to my deli tomorrow.

I save up calories for it. It's generally a weekend road meal after I've done some physical stuff. It's a decent burger that doesn't overload me with fat and leave me feeling weighed down.
I love a simple McDonalds cheeseburger and fries, a Bubba Burger/Vidalia onion. But weirdly enough I don't like a real burger. I took Dad to the JCC yesterday and stopped at Arby's and I was in RB/Arby sauce/curly fry/diet DrPepper heaven.

The meat loaf I made just keeps on giving. It was a lot of food for two people. So, we finished it off tonight. We have a three-day rule in this household. Any prepared food that cannot be eaten in three days gets pitched if I cannot freeze it. I hate to waste food. I have very busy days for Monday and Tuesday. It will likely be takeout tomorrow that will be so much food that it will be dinner for Monday and Tuesday which will work out quite well.

Steak, fresh yellow beans and a baked potato for DH. I'm not a steak eater so not sure what I'll do but I'm leaning towards a very unhealthy guilty pleasure from my youth......Kraft Dinner and weiners. Heavy on the ketchup! Or maybe I'll split the weiners fill them with mashed potatoes and broil topped with cheese. Or maybe weiners and canned brown beans. Whatever weiners are definitely in the mix!

Steak, fresh yellow beans and a baked potato for DH. I'm not a steak eater so not sure what I'll do but I'm leaning towards a very unhealthy guilty pleasure from my youth......Kraft Dinner and weiners. Heavy on the ketchup! Or maybe I'll split the weiners fill them with mashed potatoes and broil topped with cheese. Or maybe weiners and canned brown beans. Whatever weiners are definitely in the mix!
i tend to buy and grill large steaks that cannot be consumed in one sitting
that extra steak makes excellent filling for omlets (with onion, salsa, cheese)
also works well when cubed to serve with black beans and rice (ditto the onion and salsa)

Last edited:
A rolled/stuffed sear-roasted boneless chicken thigh, boxed scalloped potatoes and more steamed broccoli. I bought 2 heads of broccoli last week and forget about it in the crisper drawer. I remembered it was there on Saturday afternoon when I was getting mire-poix out to make the base of the lentil salad. I've used most of it but there is enough left for tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom