• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What color to paint doors?

Chock Full o Nuts

Voting for Pedro!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Looking for suggestions. Just can't decide. On the tail end of new trim and paint, but what for the doors?

To give an idea, I've trimmed out with square stock(3/4 thick/3-1/2 wide on door sides with routered 'decorative' block at base, and 5-1/2 wide across top with a tad of overhang out the sides. Kind of an old school rustic look.
Trim is carbon black. Main living area walls are in the white category of shades with just a hint of gray in it. Master bed(don't care about other 2 at present) has just a hint of a very soft green in it. Doors are just plain flat panel, presently stained.

Feel like I almost have to just go white, but then everything just seems to bland and neutral.
Looking around at images online for ideas, and certain schemes with certain color doors do seem to 'pop'. So many colors to choose from and feel like I need some color to them, but don't want to get it on there and then say "Well that looks terrible!"

Who's good with colors?!

Some pictures would help.

Add some color to your life, some brightness. Why settle for dull or plain?
Too much color. But leave it to you to bring some bullshit into an opinion/advice thread about friggin paint.
But it's what you do, and you know it.

My brother-in-law and husband liked the scheme and said it looks good back at Thanksgiving.

Now go back to your threads talking about righties. Amirite?

Looking for suggestions. Just can't decide. On the tail end of new trim and paint, but what for the doors?

To give an idea, I've trimmed out with square stock(3/4 thick/3-1/2 wide on door sides with routered 'decorative' block at base, and 5-1/2 wide across top with a tad of overhang out the sides. Kind of an old school rustic look.
Trim is carbon black. Main living area walls are in the white category of shades with just a hint of gray in it. Master bed(don't care about other 2 at present) has just a hint of a very soft green in it. Doors are just plain flat panel, presently stained.

Feel like I almost have to just go white, but then everything just seems to bland and neutral.
Looking around at images online for ideas, and certain schemes with certain color doors do seem to 'pop'. So many colors to choose from and feel like I need some color to them, but don't want to get it on there and then say "Well that looks terrible!"

Who's good with colors?!
Charcoal. lighter than the trim by at least 3 shades, imo

My thought as well. But so much to choose from. Want it to pop, but not OH MY GOD! :ROFLMAO:

As long as it's not neon crazy, most bright colors work. Especially if the rest of the house is muted or has earth tones. I am fond of the red to yellow spectrum for doors with a green to brown home.

As long as it's not neon crazy, most bright colors work. Especially if the rest of the house is muted or has earth tones. I am fond of the red to yellow spectrum for doors with a green to brown home.
Yeah, surfing around at some pics, some red or certain blue shades look sharp trimmed in black. But those are always stand-alone exterior doors.I have 5 doors plus a set of by-pass at the furnace closet in a very small hallway area.Certain bright colors would just be too much!

Too much color. But leave it to you to bring some bullshit into an opinion/advice thread about friggin paint.
But it's what you do, and you know it.

My brother-in-law and husband liked the scheme and said it looks good back at Thanksgiving.

Now go back to your threads talking about righties. Amirite?
You asked for suggestions, I made a couple. I just can't believe you got THIS triggered. I mean, sheesh already! It's the Holidays, take some time away from being outraged so easily.

Usually, interior doors should be painted a color lighter than the walls of the room., i.e., if the walls are Swiss Coffee (an off-white) then the interior doors should be painted white white.

However if the walls are painted Autumn Wheat (a very light tan color), the doors can be painted off-white colors such as Whisper or Swiss Coffee.

The exception to this rule is if the room is a teenager's room.

Then there are no rules about colors. 🙂

Who's good with colors?!
What color is the house exterior? Do you have a pic?

Usually, interior doors should be painted a color lighter than the walls of the room., i.e., if the walls are Swiss Coffee (an off-white) then the interior doors should be painted white white.

However if the walls are painted Autumn Wheat (a very light tan color), the doors can be painted off-white colors such as Whisper or Swiss Coffee.

The exception to this rule is if the room is a teenager's room.

Then there are no rules about colors. 🙂
You must work for Sherwin-Williams.

I used to run a collision shop. One day a customer came in and asked about an estimate. I chatted him up and the asked him to point out his car in the lot for me. He pointed at a Honda sedan and I said, “oh, the gold one?” “Oh, no,“ he said, “that’s Desert Sand Mica,” as though he had been insulted.

Who's good with colors?!

Is it a exterior or interior door?

I had a real estate agent friend who used me to flip houses. She told me one day that if you can't make up your mind, then go with "cranberry" on entrance doors. It goes well with every color brick and siding color under the sun. She taught me well..

1703186662289.png

1703186782818.png

Is it a exterior or interior door?

I had a real estate agent friend who used me to flip houses. She told me one day that if you can't make up your mind, then go with "cranberry" on entrance doors. It goes well with every color brick and siding color under the sun. She taught me well..

View attachment 67483768

View attachment 67483769
One of those look suspiciously like our front door!

Merry Christmas, sailor man!

Back
Top Bottom