• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What attracts anti-abortion males to this site?

Because I don’t buy the ideology of materialism which states that consciousness arises from matter, and hence, that only certain complex arrangements of matter (such as brains) possess it.

You compare a ZEF to a flower or a couch, but ironically, there is actually a view called panpsychism, which is now gaining prominence among philosophers and even neuroscientists, which proposes that all matter might be conscious. So this would include flowers and couches, and of course, ZEF’s.

And therefore, I think every single living organism is equal in value, and deserves equal rights. Hence why I also support animal rights, which goes hand in hand with my support for prenates’ rights. In fact, I consider them to be basically one and the same fight, since, after all, humans are animals. So human ZEF’s, like nonhuman animals, are animals who are denied personhood because they are not postnatal humans, which are the only creatures on the planet to whom personhood is currently granted. So to me, supporting rights for unborn humans is actually part of my support for animal rights. So to sum up, that’s why I’m here. Because I support animal rights. Which includes unborn humans’ rights. Because I believe in complete equality for all living organisms. The phrase “non-person” simply has no place in my lexicon. There’s no such thing as a “non-person” to me. Equality for all, and by all, I literally mean ALL.

It’s really that simple.

And I oppose misogyny for the exact same reason I support equality for the unborn; it is a form of discrimination, just like discrimination against the unborn. In fact, similar arguments based on materialism were previously used to deny women rights. It was argued that the structure of women’s brains made them less intelligent than men and unable to vote to deny them suffrage, for example. Had I lived back then, you can bet I would have been a passionate proponent of women’s rights, and would have felt just as strongly and passionately about women’s rights as I now do about prenates’ rights and non-humans’ rights.

So go ahead. Call me a misogynist. I’ll just be over here laughing, as I watch you repeat history by using the misogynists’ playbook to further the oppression of marginalized groups today.

Note: “ZEF” stands for “Zygote, Embryo, or Fetus”.

Your argument here is nothing more fantasy that takes no account of how your beliefs may be possible. They sound good in a " do not think about it to much" kind of way but when put to the test they fall apart under their own contradictions.

For example you claim animals have equal rights but where is the equality when put up against a person claiming the right to eat meat. You want the preborn to have equal rights to the woman who carries it but what equality is there when the preborn is there against the wishes of the woman who demand the right to control her own body. You are not supporting the equality of the preborn, you are demanding it has more right to life than a woman has the right to live her life.

Your words only make sense if you do not challenge them.

There has never been and never will be a reason to hate women. It is never their responsibility for putting more unwanted babies on the planet. Only men are responsible for it.

More misandry... never women... only men...

That is a fact.

What is clear in your few months of posting here is that you have no ****ing idea what a fact is.

You compare a ZEF to a flower or a couch, but ironically, there is actually a view called panpsychism, which is now gaining prominence among philosophers and even neuroscientists, which proposes that all matter might be conscious. So this would include flowers and couches, and of course, ZEF’s.

Based on a very broad and flexible understanding of what constitutes "experience" which at the point that you prescribe becomes meaningless... if quarks and leptons experience and then form into any number of combinations forming all elements and so on... they everything is alive. You might as well think that you are living in the Matrix.

And therefore, I think every single living organism is equal in value, and deserves equal rights.

Do you eat? Was the food murdered?

So you claim that all pregnant women’s lives are threatened by pregnancy. You have no trust in what has occurred over the eons,so you accept that any pregnancy can be terminated on a whim, or as you say, because the “rights of the mother” outweigh her responsibility to bring her fetus to life. That shows the utter weakness of your position and the depth of destitution of abortion on demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All pregnancies increase a woman's risk of death, no matter how small that increase is.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Because I don’t buy the ideology of materialism which states that consciousness arises from matter, and hence, that only certain complex arrangements of matter (such as brains) possess it.

And therefore, I think every single living organism is equal in value, and deserves equal rights. Hence why I also support animal rights, which goes hand in hand with my support for prenates’ rights. In fact, I consider them to be basically one and the same fight, since, after all, humans are animals. So human ZEF’s, like nonhuman animals, are animals who are denied personhood because they are not postnatal humans, which are the only creatures on the planet to whom personhood is currently granted. So to me, supporting rights for unborn humans is actually part of my support for animal rights. So to sum up, that’s why I’m here. Because I support animal rights. Which includes unborn humans’ rights. Because I believe in complete equality for all living organisms. The phrase “non-person” simply has no place in my lexicon. There’s no such thing as a “non-person” to me. Equality for all, and by all, I literally mean ALL.

It’s really that simple.

And I oppose misogyny for the exact same reason I support equality for the unborn; it is a form of discrimination, just like discrimination against the unborn. In fact, similar arguments based on materialism were previously used to deny women rights. It was argued that the structure of women’s brains made them less intelligent than men and unable to vote to deny them suffrage, for example. Had I lived back then, you can bet I would have been a passionate proponent of women’s rights, and would have felt just as strongly and passionately about women’s rights as I now do about prenates’ rights and non-humans’ rights.

So go ahead. Call me a misogynist. I’ll just be over here laughing, as I watch you repeat history by using the misogynists’ playbook to further the oppression of marginalized groups today.

Note: “ZEF” stands for “Zygote, Embryo, or Fetus”.
If every living thing had consciousness, and deserves equal rights, we would starve.

Ninety percent of the males that post on the abortion site are rabidly anti-abortion. They post statements about the law, women, abortion, pregnancy, fetuses that are simply untrue. They make accusations about women that are ignorant and rude. They ignore sourced material proving them to be lying and go right back to posting the same lies. They make up impossible situations then demand women defend themselves against these nonsense scenarios.

Why do they post here? They don't have a good grasp of the subject. Are they trying to scold women into abandoning the pro-choice position? Teach them who is boss. Shame shame women into obedience?

Anti-abortion men; what's your purpose for being on this thread?

For the same reason atheists show up in religion forums.

Atheists do not join religion forums to spew crap about the idea supernatural powers exist. They treat people who do believe in God or another Creator with the same level of respect that they do with each other, asking people where their beliefs in the existence of a God comes from. There is no, "You are all idiots because I can prove God does not exist," type of thread on a Christian forum.

Blue Donkey said:
Atheists do not join religion forums to spew crap about the idea supernatural powers exist. [/B]They treat people who do believe in God or another Creator with the same level of respect that they do with each other, asking people where their beliefs in the existence of a God comes from. There is no, "You are all idiots because I can prove God does not exist," type of thread on a Christian forum.

Ah...here? Sure they do, all the time. Respect? Neither side usually shows much of that over there IMO. And yes, the blue? They sure do swear they can prove it :roll:

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Ah...here? Sure they do, all the time. Respect? Neither side usually shows much of that over there IMO. And yes, the blue? They sure do swear they can prove it :roll:

Not here - a Christian forum which actually has sections for non-Christians to debate their religions.

No, atheists show up to point out how ludicrous whatever claim about a god or morality a theist has made. Where as anti abortion males show up to male ludicrous claims about women and the right to life

Not here - a Christian forum which actually has sections for non-Christians to debate their religions.

That is a safe room for theists. Some where they can go make really ****ed up ideas and not have to put up with an atheist pointing out what a bunch of dicks they are.

That is a safe room for theists. Some where they can go make really messed up ideas and not have to put up with an atheist pointing out what a bunch of dicks they are.

There are "Christians Only" sections and sections for everyone, including atheists. I used to be an atheist myself and will never let go of the idea that because the Bible is not a science book, we should trust medical researchers and doctors on the biology of abortion.

There are "Christians Only" sections and sections for everyone, including atheists. I used to be an atheist myself and will never let go of the idea that because the Bible is not a science book, we should trust medical researchers and doctors on the biology of abortion.

That's news to me. Please show me where there is a section on this site for atheists only.

If every living thing had consciousness, and deserves equal rights, we would starve.

Not necessarily. I have a solution to that. I think cannibalism is acceptable if you do not have an implicit social contract with the individual you are eating. Because of globalization, I think almost all humans on Earth now have an implicit social contract with each other, so in practice in modern times, cannibalism is not feasible. But in the past, when populations of humans were more isolated, I can think of many instances in history in which cannibalism would have been morally acceptable, according to my moral philosophy. For example, when the Europeans came across the indigenous inhabitants of the Americas, it would have been morally acceptable to me for either group to eat the other, because they had no relationship between them at all, and hence, no implicit social contract between them. Now, please note that this still does not excuse at all what Columbus et al. did to the indigenous inhabitants of the Americas, as they killed them for the sake of conquest, greed, and basically just to get rid of them, not for food. So what the Europeans did to the indigenous inhabitants of the Americas is still just as reprehensible in my moral philosophy, and is still considered to have been a genocide.

There is no, "You are all idiots because I can prove God does not exist," type of thread on a Christian forum.
Uneducated drivel from a person posting naive garbage...

Atheists do not join religion forums to spew crap about the idea supernatural powers exist. They treat people who do believe in God or another Creator with the same level of respect that they do with each other, asking people where their beliefs in the existence of a God comes from. There is no, "You are all idiots because I can prove God does not exist," type of thread on a Christian forum.

You don't get around much. Check out the Beliefs and Skepticism forum.

OK let's say that's what you are doing. Why here? Why on this site?

Why not? This is a great forum to discuss all things political and current in the news.

LOL! Wow. You really haven't been around many religious forums, have you?

I am anti pre-born baby extermination, and believe me I do have morals sunshine!

You have morals about other things, but not abortion if your only desire is to add thousands of unwanted babies to the world by forcing women to stay pregnant against their will. That is NEVER moral.

You have morals about other things, but not abortion if your only desire is to add thousands of unwanted babies to the world by forcing women to stay pregnant against their will. That is NEVER moral.

Who said that was her “only desire”? You seem to be projecting again.

Who said that was her “only desire”? You seem to be projecting again.

Projecting?? Do you really think that is what Blue Donkey wants? :roll:

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom