• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you planning to be for Halloween?

Fine. I'll be horny Spiderman. This way I can "shoot my web" and nobody will think twice.

It is widely believed that many Hallowe'en traditions have evolved from an ancient Celtic festival called Samhain which was Christianised by the early Church. Pronounced sow-in, Samhain is a Gaelic word meaning 'end of the summer'. This festival is believed to have been a celebration of the end of the harvest, and a time of preparation for the coming winter.

It is widely accepted that the early church missionaries chose to hold a festival at this time of year in order to absorb existing native Pagan practices into Christianity, thereby smoothing the conversion process....

The knock at the door is pure American drivel...Gimme some sweets!!

It is widely believed that many Hallowe'en traditions have evolved from an ancient Celtic festival called Samhain which was Christianised by the early Church. Pronounced sow-in, Samhain is a Gaelic word meaning 'end of the summer'. This festival is believed to have been a celebration of the end of the harvest, and a time of preparation for the coming winter.

It is widely accepted that the early church missionaries chose to hold a festival at this time of year in order to absorb existing native Pagan practices into Christianity, thereby smoothing the conversion process....

I'm no longer horny.

It's also the time the vale between worlds was thought to be the thinnest, allowing ghosts of ancestors to pass through and visit. But with the ancestors, can also come the evil spirits, and the costumes were thought to scare the evil spirits away. Many Samhain rituals celebrate the ancestors (the setting of extra places at the table) and the bonfires to draw them near.

It's also the time the vale between worlds was thought to be the thinnest, allowing ghosts of ancestors to pass through and visit. But with the ancestors, can also come the evil spirits, and the costumes were thought to scare the evil spirits away. Many Samhain rituals celebrate the ancestors (the setting of extra places at the table) and the bonfires to draw them near.

As a practising white witch..we don't celebrate our ancestors..we hold seances..and commune with Pan...

Are you suggesting that Will Ferrell is the worst actor in the history of acting?

Not only am I suggesting it, but he's gross to look at. He looks like a pissed off ferret.

Not only am I suggesting it, but he's gross to look at. He looks like a pissed off ferret.

I agree. Step Brothers was his only redeemable film, in my opinion. And I like to think that was because O'Reilly could bail him out. He didn't get as much of a chance in Talladega Nights.

Back
Top Bottom