• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are the biggest deficiencies of your own political ideology?

Depending on the person and the topic, I think that skepticism does not exist to the degree it should.

Texas would be fine, if it wasn't for their idiot governor, the religious morons and their idea that they ought to redefine education to fit in with their ridiculous religious beliefs.

So... no thanks.

If the Texas Democrats became a stronger party and Texas wanted to be secular then it would be a half decent though I would still never line in Texas as public services like education are absolutely horrible though most of it is an American problem. I would never want to live anywhere in the U.S. period. Texas is just one you couldn't pay any amount to make me.

So if the thing that made it great wasn't there idly would be great yeah that makes sense. What makes Texas successful is large tracts of land, natural resources and a independent culture. Now newyork and California also have these first two benifiets but neither is seeing the same growth as Texas so it is the culture that is the important part.

Texas seems to have very bad underlying social issues stemming from poor public services and social conservatism.

1 Perry's not my favorite but he has helped produce tremendous growth for Texas

It's more a matter of oil rising in price and he's taken advantage of an existing situation than anything else.

2 also what are you talking about with education other than wanting an alternative to evolution introduced to their kids in education.

An alternative to reality? Deal with the facts as they actually are, not the delusions the religious idiots wish you thought were.

If the Texas Democrats became a stronger party and Texas wanted to be secular then it would be a half decent though I would still never line in Texas as public services like education are absolutely horrible though most of it is an American problem. I would never want to live anywhere in the U.S. period. Texas is just one you couldn't pay any amount to make me.

That's fine, I'd never want to live in Canada either.

Texas seems to have very bad underlying social issues stemming from poor public services and social conservatism.

If be glad to give you my perspective on any of those if you care to elaborate ?

It's more a matter of oil rising in price and he's taken advantage of an existing situation than anything else.

An alternative to reality? Deal with the facts as they actually are, not the delusions the religious idiots wish you thought were.

1 not really there it's more natural gas down here and the price of natural gas has fallen during this expansion.
2 I'm a Christian and I see evolution as a tool god used so I don't think your fights with me can I ask what the harm is in presenting them side by side?

If you don't want to live here that's fine just don't try and change us to your liking.

If be glad to give you my perspective on any of those if you care to elaborate ?

Well for one Texas and to a larger extent America seem to have a very big public education issue in that they are of low quality and people aren't proud to to say they went to public school whereas here everyone including the very wealthy send their kids to public school. If you have good public schools it means everyone has the skills they need no matter what background you are and then there is no excuse for failure. There is the fact that Texas takes pride in being socially conservative and traditional, this a major problem as it doesn't work and there is no reason for it. You alienate a part of the population when same-sex marriage is illegal and it causes issues like obesity and teen pregnancy when if you ahd things like teaching kids what good nutrition and sex ed. are you wouldn't have these issues. There is also the fact your justice system just doesn't work.

I'm a Christian and I see evolution as a tool god used so I don't think your fights with me can I ask what the harm is in presenting them side by side?

Yes because one is science and one is not. It's no different than teaching the "demon theory of disease" to doctors. Keep your primitive delusions to yourself, they're idiotic.

Speak for yourself growing up in Texas I new everyone on my block and the majority of my neighborhood and when on of the fathers in our neighborhood committed divide the whole neighborhood rallied to support them and because we knew them we knew how to help them.
What does this mean?

I'm not asking why you don't vote Republican. I'm commenting that it must suck to vote against your own personal ideology out of spite.

It really doesn't make any difference what you think. It's my vote and I'll cast it in any way I see fit......the same thing you do.

When I was a young man I took things seriously. I knocked on doors, made phone calls, put up campaign signs, I continued that way till I was over forty years old. Then the Republican party changed to one which is opposite to what I've believed all my life......**** 'em.

What does this mean?

It means that posting from one's phone, which is almost always the case when I see signs of faulty auto-complete and auto-correct like this, is a bad, bad idea. He meant to say "suicide".

It means that posting from one's phone, which is almost always the case when I see signs of faulty auto-complete and auto-correct like this, is a bad, bad idea. He meant to say "suicide".
Lulz. I suspected as much. I wasn't sure it wasn't an American witticism I was unfamiliar with.

Back
Top Bottom