• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WH expects inflation will 'substantially' increase

Referring to voters as "dumb" is also another brilliant strategy
Any voter that thinks inflation can be effectively controlled by our government is dumb.

Elections are big time ratings seasons I would imagine in the world of 24/7 news media - and ratings equal better revenue.
To be clear, you're saying greater revenue during the midterms inflicts pain on the media? I don't think that makes sense.

An awful lot of people already inclined to criticize Biden criticizing Biden does not really mean much of anything. The fact they say it's "bull" doesn't make it bull. But this isn't that. The Fox article has no meat, like always:
"That’s a bunch of bull," Chester from Kentucky said. Lynn, of South Dakota, told Fox News: "There has to be reserves here in the states, that they can release." During a gaggle with reporters in Fort Worth, Texas, on Tuesday, President Biden was asked what he was going to do about rising gas prices. "Can’t do much right now. Russia is responsible," Biden replied.
Robert from Tampa disagreed with that assessment. "No, it has been going for some time now," Robert told Fox News. "Like inflation, it’s not something that happened in a couple of weeks."

Random assholes named Lynn, Robert, and Chester say they think there has to be something more Biden can do. That's it. That's what's under the hood. Of course, Fox isn't trying to report anything meaningful.

They just want their base to first to conclude that this means tons of people agree with their pre-existing Biden hate and then simply repeat "Biden's fault. BIDEN BAD! POOPY ON THE LIBS!" It shouldn't work, but it does.

When inflation was low under Trump and now it is skyrocketing under Biden how can you NOT draw a correlation?

It’s as simple as that.

Biden isn’t even in charge, his handlers are. It is as plain as day. They are the ones behind all of this. Pun intended.

To be clear, you're saying greater revenue during the midterms inflicts pain on the media? I don't think that makes sense.
No, I see no "pain" for the media at all. They're raking in the $$$

When inflation was low under Trump and now it is skyrocketing under Biden how can you NOT draw a correlation?

It’s as simple as that.

Biden isn’t even in charge, his handlers are. It is as plain as day. They are the ones behind all of this. Pun intended.
Do yourself a favor and google: post hoc ergo propter hoc.

This is getting out of control. Biden is crazy if he thinks Americans can afford to take much more and keep laying the blame on Russia as the primary excuse.

-- The White House is expecting "substantially" higher inflation figures in the coming months, even after the February Consumer Price Index posted the highest year-over-year rate since 1982.

President Joe Biden said in a statement, "I know that higher prices impact a family’s budget, which is why I am fighting to bring down the everyday prices that are squeezing Americans. My Administration is pushing for investments so we can manufacture more in America, strengthen our supply chains, and move goods to market at lower cost. I’m promoting competition to make sure big corporations are offering consumers fair prices, and I’m pressing Congress to pass my plan to lower the cost of essentials like prescription drugs and energy."

This is complete crapola!
Substantially is a substantially nebulous term. So we shall see what we shall see.

My mind is messing with my mind.

Substantially is a substantially nebulous term. So we shall see what we shall see.
That and the fact I did not find any comment/quote in the article indicating the "White House" generically stated that we should expect substantially higher inflation. Generically saying "inflation" typically makes people think of an across the board issue. Contained in the article were references to specific commodities for which higher prices are expected. Could those increased prices cause across the board inflation? Perhaps, but commenting on certain items is not the same as claiming we should expect substantially higher inflation.

In short, the headline was misleading.

2022 is shaping up to be a wipeout.

I hope the GOP can do something worthwhile (for once).

An awful lot of people already inclined to criticize Biden criticizing Biden does not really mean much of anything. The fact they say it's "bull" doesn't make it bull. But this isn't that. The Fox article has no meat, like always:
"That’s a bunch of bull," Chester from Kentucky said. Lynn, of South Dakota, told Fox News: "There has to be reserves here in the states, that they can release." During a gaggle with reporters in Fort Worth, Texas, on Tuesday, President Biden was asked what he was going to do about rising gas prices. "Can’t do much right now. Russia is responsible," Biden replied.
Robert from Tampa disagreed with that assessment. "No, it has been going for some time now," Robert told Fox News. "Like inflation, it’s not something that happened in a couple of weeks."

Random assholes named Lynn, Robert, and Chester say they think there has to be something more Biden can do. That's it. That's what's under the hood. Of course, Fox isn't trying to report anything meaningful.

They just want their base to first to conclude that this means tons of people agree with their pre-existing Biden hate and then simply repeat "Biden's fault. BIDEN BAD! POOPY ON THE LIBS!" It shouldn't work, but it does.
Biden says inflation was caused by Putin with a 2-week old invasion, while it's been increasing across the board for close to a year now. So, yes, Biden POOPY, Bad, and the libs who support his flip attitude.

Back
Top Bottom