• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Western University researchers unlock potential 'cure' for ALS (1 Viewer)

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is amazing. Western University may have discovered a treatment then not only halts the progression of ALS, but could reverse the disease.

This is amazing. Western University may have discovered a treatment then not only halts the progression of ALS, but could reverse the disease.

I'm always afraid to get my hopes up with headlines like these.
My wife has MS...her BROTHER has ALS.
She is messed up enough but he's way worse off than she is.
Plus, she's 57 and she has been in the chair since 1996, he just became completely disabled three years ago and he is seven years older than she is.

But, grain of salt, and maybe we can dare to hope.

I'm always afraid to get my hopes up with headlines like these.
My wife has MS...her BROTHER has ALS.
She is messed up enough but he's way worse off than she is.
Plus, she's 57 and she has been in the chair since 1996, he just became completely disabled three years ago and he is seven years older than she is.
With a 5 year lag before clinical trials this won't be an immediate relief unfortunately.
But, grain of salt, and maybe we can dare to hope.
What is exciting about this is the science of understanding protein interactions.

Google's Deepmind has so far modeled 200 million proteins and recent work demonstrates proteins can be 'customized'.

The future is going to be very interesting, fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom