• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well, Now we KNOW why Trump is Firing the SecDef and other's in the DOD.

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
They have been undermining his authority, and disobeying Presidential orders/policies,

Officials ADMIT LYING To Trump To SUBVERT His Orders, Keep Troops In Middle East

and commentary:

Now we know why Trump is acting in firing so many top DoD officials.

There is no "coup" attempt. He's just learning about this undermining and is belatedly cleaning house.

As I suspected, and it's still my opinion, he intends to get our Troops out of the Middle East before the end of December even if he has to go there and order them out himself.

I hope he succeeds. It's been a sucking hole of American deaths, disabilities, money, and also continued ill-will with our Middle-East neighbors for DECADES.

Last edited:
Captain Adverse:

While I am no fan of President Trump's administration, I do give him full credit for avoiding entangling the USA in anymore foreign wars of choice and I applaud his efforts to withdraw troops and hopefully armed mercenary contractors from Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. If he can get this done before January 20th, 2021, then that will be a worthwhile achievement.

Unfortunately lying to superiors and civilian representatives/senators seems to be a pattern in the pro-war mentality of the Pentagon and some military brass. This trend predates Mr. Trump's presidency however and goes back many decades to at leat the Vietnam War and perhaps the Korean Conflict. It is a shame really.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

So he thought there were 200 troops but there were 900 troops. They're both small numbers. It may not be safe to have 200 troops who could get ambushed. But hey, Trump knows better than the generals.

Surely, you don't believe that a president who lost an election should use his lame-duck period to make major strategic decisions on his way out. The American people have spoken. They don't want him as president anymore. We don't need one president reversing what the outgoing guy did at the last minute.

But because you agree with the action, you ignore how improper and reckless it is.

Liberals are all for withdrawing troops from the Middle East. We never wanted this "war on terror" in the first place. And if Trump wants to withdraw troops from the ME why tear up the Iran deal and provoke war? Why pick sides in the Sunni vs Shiite thousand-year war (Saudi Arabia vs Iran)? Why side with Israel over some stupid embassy?

Why drastically increase military spending? Why modernize nuclear weapons?

If Trump had a coherent, let's leave the ME policy, I would support that. And I'm thankful that Trump has destroyed the neocon part of the Republican party.

They have been undermining his authority, and disobeying Presidential orders/policies,

Officials ADMIT LYING To Trump To SUBVERT His Orders, Keep Troops In Middle East

and commentary:

There is no "coup" attempt. He's just learning about this undermining and is belatedly cleaning house.

As I suspected, and it's still my opinion, he intends to get our Troops out of the Middle East before the end of December even if he has to go there and order them out himself.

I hope he succeeds. It's been a sucking hole of American deaths, disabilities, money, and also continued ill-will with our Middle-East neighbors for DECADES.

If the last four years has not proven that we need to get rid of about 75% or so of the bureaucracy in Washington, I do not know what will. What a bunch of scumbags.

and commentary:

I told everyone on board back in 2016 he should have fired the top quarter of all the bureaucracy. It seems maybe I was too generous. He should have fired a lot more.

Captain Adverse:

While I am no fan of President Trump's administration, I do give him full credit for avoiding entangling the USA in anymore foreign wars of choice and I applaud his efforts to withdraw troops and hopefully armed mercenary contractors from Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. If he can get this done before January 20th, 2021, then that will be a worthwhile achievement.

Unfortunately lying to superiors and civilian representatives/senators seems to be a pattern in the pro-war mentality of the Pentagon and some military brass. This trend predates Mr. Trump's presidency however and goes back many decades to at leat the Vietnam War and perhaps the Korean Conflict. It is a shame really.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

It was mostly luck. Trump's reckless decision to kill the Iranian general Soleimani is going to make it much harder to get Iran back to the bargaining table regarding their nuclear weapon program.

And Trump's terrible decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria was a travesty. You obviously have not followed that situation at all. Trump's decision resulted in the deaths of thousands of Kurds in Syria, who have been our loyal ally since the first Gulf War in 1991.

This appears to be correct.

he intends to get our Troops out of the Middle East before the end of December even if he has to go there and order them out himself.

Respectfully, this is not, and, it's also not going to happen, physically. We don't have the lift capacity for that.

Is it possible that withdrawing troops does not get all 'soldiers/warriors' out of the middle east?
Is it possible our government would pay agencies like blackwater or whatever they might be calling themselves way more than the average soldier to be there?
Is it possible this is nothing more than an agreement between private industries and the united states government so many can dip their fingers into the government pie?

We fight endless wars to keep the military industrial complex alive and sucking money out of america year after year and a whole bunch of politicians and businesses benefit. Our benefit from it all, dead sons and daughters.

This appears to be correct.

Respectfully, this is not, and, it's also not going to happen, physically. We don't have the lift capacity for that.

I'd be happy if he get's them all out of Afghanistan first, then as many as he can out of the other locales.

I'd be happy if he get's them all out of Afghanistan first, then as many as he can out of the other locales.
It would be pretty damn dicey if we could even do Afghanistan fully before the end of the Calendar year.

My bet (and, it's a pretty good one) is that we don't.

I'd be happy too. Then conservatives can't blame Biden when the Taliban take over again the way they blamed Obama for ISIS when he withdrew from Iraq.

Remember the old days when leaving a country was “cutting and running” to Republicans?

I remember when draft dodging was a big deal for Republicans. I remember when adultery was a big deal for Republicans. I remember when they hated Putin but now they love him.

It was mostly luck. Trump's reckless decision to kill the Iranian general Soleimani is going to make it much harder to get Iran back to the bargaining table regarding their nuclear weapon program.

And Trump's terrible decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria was a travesty. You obviously have not followed that situation at all. Trump's decision resulted in the deaths of thousands of Kurds in Syria, who have been our loyal ally since the first Gulf War in 1991.

Kerry Won Ohio:

I fully agree with you about the ramafications of the Soleimani assassination and Iran. That was a very stupid move which alienated the Iraqi people as well as enraging Iran. A two for one screw-up.

I am completely aware of the "Betrayal of the Rojava Kurds" by the Trump Administration but Mr. Trump's first responsibility was to the United States, not Rojava Syria/Kurdistan. Could he have attempted to pull out in a better way? Perhaps, but my thinking is probably not, given the geopolitics and hegemony considerations at play. His loss of follow-through in the face of criticism and his later reversal of the decision was despicable in my mind, but his initial intentions were correct IMO.

The Kurds and the Armenians are front-runners in the race to bear the title, "Most Betrayed People in the Greater Middle East". Trump's abandonment was not the first time the Kurds were betrayed and nor will it be the last.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I'd be happy too. Then conservatives can't blame Biden when the Taliban take over again the way they blamed Obama for ISIS when he withdrew from Iraq.
🤷 The Obama Administration refused to take the necessary steps to keep a CT presence there, and then refused to accept until it was too late that ISIS was becoming a massive problem. They deserve blame for both those items.

Both Trump and Obama failed royally in Afghanistan. Obama crippled the surge because he didn't understand the doctrine, but wanted to look like he was taking a Middle Way, and then started a series of failed negotiations. Trump ended those failed negotiations with possibly the worst diplomatic agreement in American history. Both of them deserve full marks for ****ing up that one.

🤷 The Obama Administration refused to take the necessary steps to keep a CT presence there, and then refused to accept until it was too late that ISIS was becoming a massive problem. They deserve blame for both those items.

Iraq is a sovereign nation. They didn't want us there. I know you guys like using force but we don't.

Iraq is a sovereign nation. They didn't want us there. I know you guys like using force but we don't.
Iraqi politicians wanted to pose as not wanting us there, and so we took their bluf and left. 🤷 The Bush Administration faced the exact same fake-pose, and dealt with it through shrewed diplomacy. If your argument is that the Bush administration was simply more competent than the Obama one, well, I could see that.

Instead, we took the chance to dip out, the Shia started turning on the Sunni, driving them into the arms of AQI-then-ISIS, and we ended up with a terrorist nation-state, which the administration refused to acknowledge until it was too late. huzzah.

and commentary:

You are just learning this? Beginning with Trump's abysmal decision to tear up the Iranian nuclear deal and create a conflict where none existed, the Pentagon has been rejecting Trump's orders for over three years.

Why? Because they were incredibly stupid. By angering the leaders, Trump cut us off from our Western allies and isolated the U.S. Putin was extremely pleased. Unfortunately, the Pentagon couldn't much about that, but they maintained contact with the military leadership of our allies.

Biden is restoring those relationships as we speak. Only a Russian sympathizer would object to what Biden is doing, to wit, resurrecting the NATO alliance to its full strength again.

President Trump needs to fire probably ALL of the top 3 levels of the FBI!!!!!

and commentary:

I believe there was MASSIVE fraud in this election and that is for another thread,but IF Trump does lose, he will be a shoe in for 2024 due to the uncovering of fraud and the undermining of his presidency by entrenched bureaucrats.

I believe there was MASSIVE fraud in this election and that is for another thread,but IF Trump does lose, he will be a shoe in for 2024 due to the uncovering of fraud and the undermining of his presidency by entrenched bureaucrats.

"If" there was massive fraud can you explain how these masses of fraudsters managed to let Mitch McConnell win? You can be damn sure the dem's want him out as much or even more than they wanted Trump out.

"If" there was massive fraud can you explain how these masses of fraudsters managed to let Mitch McConnell win? You can be damn sure the dem's want him out as much or even more than they wanted Trump out.
What does that have to with Trump?

Oh Wait! Nothing!

All we can hope for is that Trump's supporters don't pick another ignorant jerk to represent them. Right now Trump is doing Putin's bidding. He is tearing our country apart and doing all he can to weaken the President who takes office on Jan. 20.

Putin is jumping with glee.

Back
Top Bottom