• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weed Strains

This looks good, and I think there was someone here who really liked Acapulco Gold? This place only sells in CA as far as I know, but I hope they expand. They make a strain specific tincture (Acapulco Gold). They only make one right now, but it would be a nice alternative to flower, assuming they do more strains.

I've heavily transitioned over to edibles/vape at this point. I still want to smoke flower out of my super-duper-ultra-filtering bong from time to time. But yeah...

I always liked the slower and at vaguely trippy higher doses (50mg+ over the course of an evening). Smoking it definitely produces more of a pleasurable spike; dopamine and seratonin methinks.

This looks good, and I think there was someone here who really liked Acapulco Gold? This place only sells in CA as far as I know, but I hope they expand. They make a strain specific tincture (Acapulco Gold). They only make one right now, but it would be a nice alternative to flower, assuming they do more strains.

"No locations nearby." heh. Well it would depend on price.

They call it a tincture but the volume is odd. A liter? The tinctures they sell nearby are 28ml @ ~442mg THC/bottle. Then there were these little squeeze bottles at another dispensary that I swear have to have only been like 10ml. It was 1mg per little tiny drop. Could put it in whiskey and not really notice....well.....by the second glass.

Why bother with extra liquid? Perhaps they do something to make it overall flavor-neutral?

“Birthday Cake” vape. It’s an indica-CBD hybrid (like 80% indica/20% CBD)

This is my daily go to.

(I carry a medical card in NJ).

I no longer have to take anti-anxiety medications and this? It’s the perfect calming without making you feel high.

"No locations nearby." heh. Well it would depend on price.

They call it a tincture but the volume is odd. A liter? The tinctures they sell nearby are 28ml @ ~442mg THC/bottle. Then there were these little squeeze bottles at another dispensary that I swear have to have only been like 10ml. It was 1mg per little tiny drop. Could put it in whiskey and not really notice....well.....by the second glass.

Why bother with extra liquid? Perhaps they do something to make it overall flavor-neutral?

That is a lot of liquid, but also a lot of THC. Not sure how it would break down into how much thc would be in a dropper full, under your tongue.

I was just excited to see a place making something actually strain specific. Which they may do with vape cartridges, but I don't use those so I don't really know. I would love it if they'd come out with a Northern Lights tincture that is actually all from Northern Lights.

“Birthday Cake” vape. It’s an indica-CBD hybrid (like 80% indica/20% CBD)

This is my daily go to.

(I carry a medical card in NJ).

I no longer have to take anti-anxiety medications and this? It’s the perfect calming without making you feel high.

Its funny because if I do it everyday, it causes a little anxiety. Four times a week seems to work well for me, and the anti-anxiety carries over from day to day. I want to find flower with a good amount of cbd to thc to try, but the ones I've come across seem to have either very high cbd, low thc, or vice versa.

That is a lot of liquid, but also a lot of THC. Not sure how it would break down into how much thc would be in a dropper full, under your tongue.

I was just excited to see a place making something actually strain specific. Which they may do with vape cartridges, but I don't use those so I don't really know. I would love it if they'd come out with a Northern Lights tincture that is actually all from Northern Lights.

Mine or theirs?

When I was looking at the exact amount, I calculated the ones I get are 15.4mg THC per ml. The droppers are marked off in 0.25 increments.

Its funny because if I do it everyday, it causes a little anxiety. Four times a week seems to work well for me, and the anti-anxiety carries over from day to day. I want to find flower with a good amount of cbd to thc to try, but the ones I've come across seem to have either very high cbd, low thc, or vice versa.
I hit like one or two puffs. I’m not getting crazy with it. It takes the edge off my anxiety and quiets my brain.

It takes a bit to find your personal “dosages”. For me - it’s 1-2 drags off the vape and 15-20 minutes later, the “fog” clears and I’m good to go for hours.

Mine or theirs?

When I was looking at the exact amount, I calculated the ones I get are 15.4mg THC per ml. The droppers are marked off in 0.25 increments.

Theirs - calculating how much thc would be in the dropper amount. I would imagine it'd probably work about to about the same as yours, just a much bigger bottle.

I hit like one or two puffs. I’m not getting crazy with it. It takes the edge off my anxiety and quiets my brain.

It takes a bit to find your personal “dosages”. For me - it’s 1-2 drags off the vape and 15-20 minutes later, the “fog” clears and I’m good to go for hours.

Oh yeah, I'm a one-hitter. Mostly because I have it late at night, and I prefer indicas, so I'm usually to sleep within an hour.

Oh yeah, I'm a one-hitter. Mostly because I have it late at night, and I prefer indicas, so I'm usually to sleep within an hour.
Yeah, I am an indica gal. I’ll take another hit at night to shut down my brain and go to sleep on days when there’s been too much going on…and then sleep so well.

So we live about 5 or 6 miles from the closest weed store. There are others a little farther away. So what did we do? Drove 153 miles round trip for weed.

I can't find hash plant flower in the Denver area right now. So I looked farther out and a place in Colorado Springs had it. Went down and bought an ounce to make the trip worthwhile. They even gave us $20 off so the ounce only cost $100, medical taxes included.

(Now I probably wouldn't have gone that far for weed but my husband had to go down there anyway, so it wasn't really crazy.)

I had some more J-1 last night, this current batch is strong...damn.

We had a party, I shared with two friends who love pot, they were impressed and giggly...

I had some more J-1 last night, this current batch is strong...damn.

We had a party, I shared with two friends who love pot, they were impressed and giggly...

(y) I had to go back and find what the J1 was. My husband got some Monkey Biscuits. I don't know what the thc level is, but he said its pretty good.

Current flower collection:

- Strawberry Banana Lemon
- LA Kush Cake
- Lucky Wookie
- Gelato
- Jiggler
- Citrus Rain
- Airplane Glue #1
- APEX
- Crockett's Dawg

These are all ~20-26% The only ones I'm not such a big fan of are APEX and Crockett's Dawg. Not sure if I can articulate why.

Last edited:
Current flower collection:

- Strawberry Banana Lemon
- LA Kush Cake
- Lucky Wookie
- Gelato
- Jiggler
- Citrus Rain
- Airplane Glue #1
- APEX
- Crockett's Dawg

These are all ~20-26% The only ones I'm not such a big fan of are APEX and Crockett's Dawg. Not sure if I can articulate why.
any favorite(s) among the others?
[no need to articulate why unless you are so inclined]

Strawberry Banana Lemon is gentle, strong, nice, and warm.
Gelato is similar, bit more out of it.
Lucky Wookie is even more out of it, with more calming.
Jiggler is similar to SBL, but a bit more energetic.
Citrus Rain is quite relaxing; warm
Airplane Glue #1 is a weird one. Simultaneously energetic and relaxing. And, of course, warm.

I felt a bit of weird anxiety around APEX/Crockett's Dawg and I'm not sure why. Maybe mood.... maybe the day...

I like the ones that are most like a warm blanket. Those like a cattle prod up the ass are a bit much (Super Lemon Haze). But I've entirely stopped paying attention to the indica/sativa thing. I only really pay attention to the same strains by the same growers. The italics is key. It's not like there's some genetic database and placebo effect rampages wildly here.

I'll double down. Strawberry Banana Lemon is a very happy one
thanks
i have to go to virginia to have an array of legal options
it's nice to show up knowing generally what to look for and at least as important, what to avoid
appreciate the insights!

slight thread detour: are you now driving the subaru you had considered a couple of months back?

Gelato is out in front now. Warm and happier.

Citrus Rain is pretty nice n' relaxing.

slight thread detour: are you now driving the subaru you had considered a couple of months back?
Nah, but will be. Car market all ****ed up. Delay in orders...

Gelato is out in front now. Warm and happier.

Citrus Rain is pretty nice n' relaxing.

Nah, but will be. Car market all ****ed up. Delay in orders...
I just wish I could enjoy the good old days with friends sharing a bowl while all of us -- miraculously it seems -- simultaneously discovered the true meaning of life. It happened. I was there. I know.
Now I just sleep
which is ok too

This is unbelievable. I picked up our local free magazine from the store. Opened it up and the first thing I see is:

Medical
1 oz
$25.00 after tax.

So I think its a misprint, but no - the add underneath says the same thing. How good it is I don't know, but several other stores
are advertising top shelf for $50/oz.

This is unbelievable. I picked up our local free magazine from the store. Opened it up and the first thing I see is:

Medical
1 oz
$25.00 after tax.

So I think its a misprint, but no - the add underneath says the same thing. How good it is I don't know, but several other stores
are advertising top shelf for $50/oz.
I just got back from the med-dispensary. 78 bucks for an oz. of OG Blueberry Kush.

Ask me once it gets legalized on the federal level and in my home state.
Legal here now but at my age why would I put smoke in my lungs. That and I have no desire to start consuming foods to get high.

Way dangerous potentially, imho.

Back
Top Bottom