• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

We will kill all you western infidels. Allah is great

Missouri Mule said:
Whatever happened to "Great Britain?" It wasn't the "Battle of the UK"; you know the air battle that kept England from falling to the Nazis in 1940.

UK just sounds so politically correct it reeks.
From Wikipedia:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a country located in western Europe. Its capital is London. It is a Commonwealth Realm, and a member of the European Union and NATO. Usually known simply as the United Kingdom or the UK, it is also often inaccurately called Great Britain, Britain or England (the most populous of the home nations).

shuamort said:
From Wikipedia:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a country located in western Europe. Its capital is London. It is a Commonwealth Realm, and a member of the European Union and NATO. Usually known simply as the United Kingdom or the UK, it is also often inaccurately called Great Britain, Britain or England (the most populous of the home nations).

Whatever. I fully expect the politically correct crowd to demand that we "Americans" be called "United Statians" at some point in time. They can take a short walk off a short pier. I don't like the term "UK." I'm old fashioned. It'll be Great Britain to me, always.

And this business about Brits being "Europeans" is a crock. If they buy into this they are dooming their soverienty.

Missouri Mule said:
Whatever. I fully expect the politically correct crowd to demand that we "Americans" be called "United Statians" at some point in time. They can take a short walk off a short pier. I don't like the term "UK." I'm old fashioned. It'll be Great Britain to me, always.

And this business about Brits being "Europeans" is a crock. If they buy into this they are dooming their soverienty.

It has nothing to do with "political correctness". It is just the way it is. Read all the explanatory posts above.

If you don't like "UK", so what? Do you live here?

Naughty Nurse said:
It has nothing to do with "political correctness". It is just the way it is. Read all the explanatory posts above.

If you don't like "UK", so what? Do you live here?

No, but I never even heard the term when I visited there in 1965.

Political correctness is an insidious disease. It is a slow and progressive disease of the mind that makes something acceptable that was once unacceptable or unthinkable. Did you ever hear of a WWII Brit refer to England as the 'UK" at that time?

As I said earlier, the "Battle of Britain" isn't known by that name for nothing.

Missouri Mule said:
No, but I never even heard the term when I visited there in 1965.

Political correctness is an insidious disease. It is a slow and progressive disease of the mind that makes something acceptable that was once unacceptable or unthinkable. Did you ever hear of a WWII Brit refer to England as the 'UK" at that time?

As I said earlier, the "Battle of Britain" isn't known by that name for nothing.

It really has NOTHING to do with political correctness. Why do you keep saying that?

And England is NOT the UK - it is PART OF the UK.

Naughty Nurse said:
It really has NOTHING to do with political correctness. Why do you keep saying that?

And England is NOT the UK - it is PART OF the UK.

Whatever, and likely it will soon be part of "Europe" too. You're the ones who are consigning your own proud history to the dustbin. No skin off my nose.

Missouri Mule said:
Whatever, and likely it will soon be part of "Europe" too. You're the ones who are consigning your own proud history to the dustbin. No skin off my nose.

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what you're trying to say. :confused:

Naughty Nurse said:
I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what you're trying to say. :confused:

I suppose it was in reference to what I saw posted by another "English" lady who talks up this UK business. She also made a big point about how proud she was to be a "European" and all of that tommyrot. I don't know what your feelings are but in my view it would be like Americans wanting to be called "North Americans." No way; not in my lifetime.

I genuinely do hope that we do track down every single person who incites racial hatred and praises terrorism and that they are deported. For too long the British Government has let this go on, despite warnings and media attention....

Sarccyslayer said:
I genuinely do hope that we do track down every single person who incites racial hatred and praises terrorism and that they are deported. For too long the British Government has let this go on, despite warnings and media attention....

Not if the touchy-feely crowd has their way, you won't. They'll tell you it is just a few "bad apples." Watch and see.

Missoure Mule the Scots and the boys from the Irish Republic,yes we have had plenty of problems from the Anglosaxon,

and we are very happy that U gave them a good

Whacking in 1776.

my kind regards

mikeey

mikeey said:
Missoure Mule the Scots and the boys from the Irish Republic,yes we have had plenty of problems from the Anglosaxon,

Whacking in 1776.

my kind regards

mikeey

Mikeey nationalities in the British Isles is all crap, the two islands are mongrel nations, we are the ancient melting pot. Totally mixed blood. For example the Scots did not come from Scotland at all, but from 9 counties Ulster, the real Scots were the Picts.

Scots, Irish, Picts, Angles, Saxons, Welsh, Cornish, Roman, Norman, Viking, Nordics, Goths, Celts are just few of the people that settled in the British Isles. And I havent even started on the different ethnics of modern day Britain.

mikeey said:

Whacking in 1776.

my kind regards

mikeey

I don't want to get in the middle of this but be aware of the fact that I'm no supporter of the IRA. And BTW, we just escaped by the skin of our teeth. The truth is that we really should have lost the war based on the military situation. Washington just persevered, having an iron will, and eventually prevailed but just barely. We were hardly a "United States" at that time. We were more like a disorganized mob. And sometimes I think we still are. And as I say, I don't want in the middle of that situation over there. I simply don't know the history except to say I don't approve of terrorism under any circumstances that targets innocent civilians. And when I say I don't know, it means I don't know the history. Thanks, but I can't be involved in that.

robin said:
"We will kill all you western infidels. We will bring death & destruction to you. Allah is great."

Just testing.
In theory I will be tracked down as being in breach of the new anti terror laws for saying what I did.
I didn't mean it, but if I had meant it, I would deserve to be prosecuted.
I want to know why we've had to wait so long for the new anti terror laws anounced today ?

Well, that's for sure. The idea is that, if you say that, you can be deported. Please note that I didn't say "if you meant that", but "if you say that". It makes you a legitimate target for deportation right now.

Now, in a few weeks, it'll be if you say "We will kill you all.". Then, "They will kill you all". Then, "the Iraqis defend themselves against an invasion army". When will it be for DUI or a speeding ticket? Not that long, I'm afraid.

When you start banning people based on their visit on websites or bookshops, you ALWAYS start with a legitimate reason, then use it for convenience and to silent dissent. But you know that, I'm sure.

And I suppose you would also support the "secret tribunals" project, that will allow you to be jailed without limit, and without knowing why.. Thought so.

For years, these evil immams have been allowed to stand in the streets & Mosques of London & preach hatred like this.
They are still here & most of them are on DSS benefits & living in council houses.
It makes me mad :2mad:
I say.. drop them back over Mecca without parachutes.

Would you happen to be BNP? I saw quite of few of those jerks with exactly the same line of talk. You're not BNP, are you?

They should have been kicked out of the UK years ago. In fact they should never have been let in. Shame the politicians didn't listen to the overwhelming majority of the British public who never wanted immigration in the 1st place.

Well, maybe you are BNP, in the end. They are the only ones that go that fast from extremist imams preaching terrorist attacks to immgration as a whole. Bah. I won't propose to drop you above North Korea without parachute. You would make a stain there. Not that you don't make one here..

CU
Y

Deegan said:
I agree, but I think you know exactly why they were allowed to do this for so long. It has been the left in your country that has allowed this to happen, and it's about time you people see how far tolerance should be applied in a country. The world has changed, and as much as we would like to trust everyone, they reality is that there are some who want to kill as many of us as they can. As the world changes, we must change with it, and your country is now making some rational, long over due changes as we speak, and you will be safer for it.;)
FYI, Blair IS left.. Well, sort of. In the UK, they call "left" everything at the left of Margaret Tatcher.. Which is quite encompassing :rofl

CU
Y

Missouri Mule said:
I simply don't know the history except to say I don't approve of terrorism under any circumstances that targets innocent civilians.
In that case why are you so touchy with anyone that criticises the USA for supporting the terror of right wing death squads in Nicaragua & elsewhere & accuse them of 'Bad mouthing America' ?

Last edited:
Missouri Mule said:
Not if the touchy-feely crowd has their way, you won't. They'll tell you it is just a few "bad apples." Watch and see.

And heeeere they come...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4126358.stm

I think Kennedy is getting the right idea though...we need to wait and see till this legislation comes to parliament and read what they actually put in there with a cautious eye.

It'll be interesting to see if George Galloway has to come under scrutiny...

Plain old me said:
And heeeere they come...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4126358.stm

I think Kennedy is getting the right idea though...we need to wait and see till this legislation comes to parliament and read what they actually put in there with a cautious eye.

It'll be interesting to see if George Galloway has to come under scrutiny...

Can we trade Kennedys....PLEASE??????

epr64 said:
Well, that's for sure. The idea is that, if you say that, you can be deported. Please note that I didn't say "if you meant that", but "if you say that". It makes you a legitimate target for deportation right now.

Now, in a few weeks, it'll be if you say "We will kill you all.". Then, "They will kill you all". Then, "the Iraqis defend themselves against an invasion army". When will it be for DUI or a speeding ticket? Not that long, I'm afraid.

When you start banning people based on their visit on websites or bookshops, you ALWAYS start with a legitimate reason, then use it for convenience and to silent dissent. But you know that, I'm sure.

And I suppose you would also support the "secret tribunals" project, that will allow you to be jailed without limit, and without knowing why.. Thought so.

Would you happen to be BNP? I saw quite of few of those jerks with exactly the same line of talk. You're not BNP, are you?

Well, maybe you are BNP, in the end. They are the only ones that go that fast from extremist imams preaching terrorist attacks to immgration as a whole. Bah. I won't propose to drop you above North Korea without parachute. You would make a stain there. Not that you don't make one here..

CU
Y
If you start 'this' that's a line towards 'that' so therefore you mustn't do 'this'
Christ you can extrapolate all you want but in the end 98% of British people didn't want the country flooded with immigrants & the preachers of hate DO need to be kicked out becuase they programme mindless religious robots to blow people up on the tube.
Don't kid yourself that everyone that sees Immigration as I do is in the BNP. If they were, the BNP would have won the last election.
I was up in Deptford at the weekend. Half the people wandering around don't even speak English. I no longer felt I was in England. That is not what people want.. an over crowded Island becoming more so with people flooding in that you can't even talk to.
Or is what the vast majority of people want, not something they are entitled to according to your left wing views ?
I am not racist.. I have Asian friends. But I don't particularly like going to Lidls & finding it full of East Europeans that again... don't speak English & they are white, so colour or race has nothing to do with it. This leads to the following questions...
1) If they don't speak English how can they be part of the community ?
2) Do we have space for more people ?
Hope that's not to complicated for you. Or perhaps it's not complicated enough... since people like you are incapable of being down to earth & seeing simple truths.

Last edited:
robin said:
In that case why are you so touchy with anyone that criticises the USA for supporting the terror of right wing death squads in Nicaragua & elsewhere & accuse them of 'Bad mouthing America' ?

Do you know of any Americans who "supported the terror of right wing death squads in Nicaragua....?" No, you don't. Don't bother answering. That's a rhetorical question. You are just mouthing the the typical left-wing Bash America bulloney.

robin said:
If you start 'this' that's a line towards 'that' so therefore you mustn't do 'this'
Christ you can extrapolate all you want but in the end 98% of British people didn't want the country flooded with immigrants & the preachers of hate DO need to be kicked out becuase they programme mindless religious robots to blow people up on the tube.
Don't kid yourself that everyone that sees Immigration as I do is in the BNP. If they were, the BNP would have won the last election.
I was up in Deptford at the weekend. Half the people wandering around don't even speak English. I no longer felt I was in England. That is not what people want.. an over crowded Island becoming more so with people flooding in that you can't even talk to.
Or is what the vast majority of people want, not something they are entitled to according to your left wing views ?
I am not racist.. I have Asian friends. But I don't particularly like going to Lidls & finding it full of East Europeans that again... don't speak English & they are white, so colour or race has nothing to do with it. This leads to the following questions...
1) If they don't speak English how can they be part of the community ?
2) Do we have space for more people ?
Hope that's not to complicated for you. Or perhaps it's not complicated enough... since people like you are incapable of being down to earth & seeing simple truths.

It seems that the main issue is integration. The question is: do THEY have to become integrated to our lifestyle, or is it a two-way approach?
The question is quite open. I live in a neighborhood with a lot of nationalities. I learn quite a lot of my neighbors, whatever their nationality. It definitely changed my mind on some points, as I changed their minds on some others.
I don't say that we need to change the baseline of our lifestyle (most immigrants don't want that, as they came here for that). But we can also change our societies into something better by integrating some values/ideas from the people who immigrate here.

I understand your stance on immigration, and it's quite largely present in the population of nearly all European countries. The problem with it is that it's quite black and white. The few problems that arise (and preaching Jihad IS definitely a problem) are used as if it was the normal way all immigrants behave. It is of course not. But it is what is used to criminalize way too many things. If you look at Blair's proposals, it's once again opening the door to anything (like the "shoot to kill" policy that already made one innocent death). IF the govt wants to target specific behaviors, he should be specific. I'm afraid he doesn't want to target behaviors, but people.

As for your two questions:
1/ Yes. But that usually doesn't happen with first generations. You have to wait 2nd generation (going through the school system) to get that. Same everywhere.
2/ Only you can answer that question. The question is not about physical room, but room in your heart.

Just my 0.02€
Y

PS: as far as BNP is concerned, it was just to make sure you would reply :2razz: . But be carefull of avoiding switching from "extremist islamists" to "immigrants" in the same sentence.
Y

Missouri Mule said:
Do you know of any Americans who "supported the terror of right wing death squads in Nicaragua....?" No, you don't. Don't bother answering. That's a rhetorical question. You are just mouthing the the typical left-wing Bash America bulloney.
Would this answre your not-so-rethorical question?

John Dimitri Negroponte (born July 21, 1939)

He is considered a controversial figure by many on the left because he was involved in covert funding of the Contras in Nicaragua (see Iran-Contra Affair) and covered up human rights abuses carried out by CIA-trained operatives in Honduras in the 1980s. According to The New York Times, Negroponte carried out "the covert strategy of the Reagan administration to crush the Sandinistas government in Nicaragua."

The full text is here.

CU
Y

Missouri Mule said:
It didn't need any Americans to support it... It just needed the likes of you to describe the horror stories about US foreign policy as "left wing bash American bullony" rather like many Germans described Hitlers attrocities as 'anti German bullony', so low & behold the trecherous cretins within your government have been & are able to conduct covert actions becuase no one believes they are even doing so. So your typical blinkered stance is tantamount to support.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom