• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We should sanction China

What a shower of low-functioning rightists in this thread. Posters who immediately, IMMEDIATELY turn every topic into an opportunity to serve their toxic partisan agenda.
Dumbasses, each and every one.

China doesn't support anyone but China. I doubt they offered Putin anything but they gladly made a seat when he came asking. Way I see it, that China financing thing was Putin being desperate and finding a way to survive. And It's a good thing he found a way, but It's too bad China just bought themselves a big, fat chip to play later.
Sanctioning China might put the US and China into a mutually disagreeable bind and end up being a contest to see which population has the higher tolerance for inconvenience and deprivation. I think we all know how that would play out.

They treat the US as an enemy. They propagandize their people to thing China is superior to the US, their enemy, and to want to destroy the US.

They are essentially the world's biggest organized crime family running the country, a totalitarian state over more than a billion people completely controlling their information, communication and behavior.

They are at war with democracy.

But in particular in terms of sanctions, they have tried to undermine every sanction the world has put on Russia. Swift removed? They offered their system instead. Exports blocked? They offered to increase their purchases. And so on. Just once they apparently drew a line, not selling them parts for military aircraft as the world turned against Russia. China is financing a lot of the war.

They are treating Russia as their 'partner in crime' to form an alliance against democracies. Domestically, they totally support Putin's war on Ukraine, while hiding that from the world as they try to use the crisis to increase their status.

Putin was essentially in an undeclared war against the west for many years. China is far more so - with an economy ten times the size. As long as they are supporting Russia's war, at least, they should join Russia in being sanctioned.

You missed the most important reason: China is actively committing genocide in Xinjiang. That alone is enough to warrant actions being taken.

You missed the most important reason: China is actively committing genocide in Xinjiang. That alone is enough to warrant actions being taken.
And start WWIII?

Do you really want that?

Sanctioning China might put the US and China into a mutually disagreeable bind and end up being a contest to see which population has the higher tolerance for inconvenience and deprivation. I think we all know how that would play out.

China couldn't get much more disagreeable toward the US without causing themselves a lot of damage, i.e. starting a shooting war. Every bit of prosperity they get now will pay for hurting the US in the future. The US should realize the problem.

Let’s see how fast we can completely flush the US economy down the drain?

Is that the goal?

😂😂
Sanction everyone to be sure! From the gutless Europeans and the sneaky Canadians, sanction them!

You're not understanding the difference between their being non-democracies we can co-exist with, and what they actually are, in a cold war (and now hot) against democracy. They are set on trying to defeat democracy and democracies. They are the world's biggest organized crime organizations governing, literally.
I truly think we can't even flatulate without China at this time. How can we sanction the source of just about anything without preparing well in advance?

I just might. :)

Darn, I couldn't find something as easily as I hoped. Here are a couple for an idea.

The first talks about the family culture, the second is a tongue in cheek title about his getting asked 'are Chinese girls easy'.

Last edited:
Been preaching that for the last 20 years. Nobody listened.
One day, after we poke the dragon one too many times, they will stop exporting to us and watch this nation fall apart and destroy itself from within.

Darn, I couldn't find something as easily as I hoped. Here are a couple for an idea.

The first talks about the family culture, the second is a tongue in cheek title about his getting asked 'are Chinese girls easy'.

Didn't watch the whole thing but just enough of both to get the picture. He's obviously spent time in China, lol.

He's not bullshitting when he talks about the importance of family and family commitments. It's a legacy of Confucianism, and you'll find that this is also true pretty much in any country China has influenced (Korea, Vietnam, and Japan, for example, though it's somewhat different in each).

Didn't watch the whole thing but just enough of both to get the picture. He's obviously spent time in China, lol.

They've done a lot of commentaries on various related things about the culture (their channels are his, SerpentZA; his partner, Laowhy86; and their joint channels, ADVChina and ADVPodcasts). Post if you check out some of the shows.

Well Russia has apparently asked China for drones to aid in its invasion of Ukraine. Not sure how we came upon this information....signals intercept?.....directly from a source in China or a leak from the Kremlin? Who knows.

If accurate, Russia picked a particularly bad day to make the request. There is now actual video of Russian tanks shelling civilian dwellings in some cases at point blank range. So while Putin may well be able to keep this video from his own people....everybody else can see it. Do you really want part of that China?

I should also point out that at least from what can be seen Ukraine does need additional 3 dimensionality in their battle capability. Javelins and Stingers are not enough. They need to be able to attack from the air more aggressively than they appear capable of doing so far. Not going to help against Russian missiles but they likely can take down more tanks and more rocket launchers and more artillery positions with either more drones or more jets or both.

Fugg Putin and his threats. Can't let him threaten his way to a victory here either over Ukraine or over western democracy in general.

Back
Top Bottom