• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Waters Has Shoveled Over $1 Million in Campaign Cash to Daughter

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.) has now dished out more than $1 million in campaign payments to her daughter following the 2020 elections.

Karen Waters has pocketed $1.13 million for providing an array of services for her mother's campaign since 2003. The majority of the cash is for her role in running a controversial slate-mailer operation, in which California politicians gave money to Waters's campaign in exchange for mailers bearing her endorsement.

The mailers have become increasingly lucrative for the younger Waters over the years. During the 2020 cycle, her payments hit a high of $240,000. That's significantly more than the $90,000 her firm, Progressive Connections, took in during the 2006 election cycle. The Federal Election Commission gave Waters the green light for the mailer operation in 2004.

The way these work is you pay Waters to be on her recommended list that I send to my politically disconnected constituents who only vote for who I tell them to.

It is why Joe and Hunter's corruption is no big deal. They all do it, both parties. It appears to be common practice to launder money through relatives.

It is why Joe and Hunter's corruption is no big deal. They all do it, both parties. It appears to be common practice to launder money through relatives.

Yes, it is common practice not just among politicians but among all the rich and powerful.

It is legal. If I was black, I would be ashamed to be shopped around as a voter in her hand bag

yeah, because white people do not have their same version of this. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But I have to say I am impressed how you managed to turn this in to a racist rant! Well done.

The way these work is you pay Waters to be on her recommended list that I send to my politically disconnected constituents who only vote for who I tell them to.
Free Beacon?

• Overall, we rate the Washington Free Beacon Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading and false claims.

Do you have a more reliable source on this information.

It's nepotism, its unethical and it's wrong.

There we go.

No partisan hand wringing necessary.

If it's legal that's wrong and the rules should be changed to stop this kind of stuff in the future.

why? If the relative is providing a service you would normally pay someone else for, why should the relative be excluded?

why? If the relative is providing a service you would normally pay someone else for, why should the relative be excluded?

Nepotism and Unethical.

The conflict of interest for those services to be fairly priced and done to the same standard as a 3rd party is always going to be open for abuse.

Nepotism and Unethical.

The conflict of interest for those services to be fairly priced and done to the same standard as a 3rd party is always going to be open for abuse.

Nope, just cannot agree. I had this same type of argument when I used to coach youth sports and youth clubs. There were always those that felt awards should never go to the coaches/leaders kid even if they were far and away the best player/etc. It is just stupid.

Nope, just cannot agree. I had this same type of argument when I used to coach youth sports and youth clubs. There were always those that felt awards should never go to the coaches/leaders kid even if they were far and away the best player/etc. It is just stupid.

Youth Sports Awards < Millions of Dollars of Donors money to a Politician.

I am not saying in every single circumstance... That it would be abused.

But as a matter of course, it should not be allowed because of the inherent ethical and conflict of interest issues.

I mean how many times have we had people put family members put on campaign payrolls to do nothing?

It's just a bad idea and simply shouldn't happen.

Trump surrounded himself with his family. He pumped millions of tax payers dollars into his properties.. There were no consequences or accountability for Trump's lies and nepotism..

The rules have changed for the worse. The Trumpsters can blame themselves for these rule changes.

yeah, because white people do not have their same version of this. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But I have to say I am impressed how you managed to turn this in to a racist rant! Well done.

I think you need to explain in detail how what was said was racist! Just because you see everything as racist, doesn't make it so. Race baiter!

I think you need to explain in detail how what was said was racist! Just because you see everything as racist, doesn't make it so. Race baiter!

I am not the one that made it about black people, go talk to your fellow Trumpian

A quick look of the demographics of her district pretty much confirms her constituents will never remove her no matter how crooked she is so why bother? We can chalk that up to another reason why one person one vote and universal franchise don’t work and move on,

The fact that you consider the simple lament of what one demographic might feel as a "racist rant" says more about yourself than of Chuckie.
And yes, as a black man. I would feel rather ashamed of myself for being associated as a Waters voter, or most other democrats in general at this point.

The fact that you consider the simple lament of what one demographic might feel as a "racist rant" says more about yourself than of Chuckie.
And yes, as a black man. I would feel rather ashamed of myself for being associated as a Waters voter, or most other democrats in general at this point.

I’m grateful you’re an outlier.

I don’t answer rhetorical questions nor do I waste time arguing ethics with people thank think legal equals moral

ok, could you have not just said at the start that you would not answer the simple (and not remotely rhetorical) question?

why did your boy choose to make it about race? What does race have to do with it?

people claim all sorts of things about themselves on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom