• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was the trump plot even darker than recognized?

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Summoning a mob, led by violent militias, sending them to the Capitol to storm and take it, targeting leading political opponents to kill, with legal mechanisms put in place to steal the election - all that we know.

But think about it, how badly he wanted to go to the Capitol personally, with that violent mob trying to kill Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi and others.

How would that have played out, if it had gone as he liked?

It suggests to me that his desire was to be like Caesar conquering Rome - that the mob killed any opponents of his, that the Republicans declared him the winner of the election, and that he could begin a new type of reign in the country based on blood and terror - resist him and face murder, with his recently installed lackeys in charge of the security establishment.

How else could he have wanted it to play out, him with the violent rioters and insurrectionists seeking out his political opponents to kill? With his supporting the violence and refusing calls to end it?

Was the trump plot even darker than recognized?​

One would think that if one were a useful idiot who believed all the nonsense from the dog and pony show.

But then, the dog and pony show is counting on their useful idiots.

(It won't help them in the midterms, though.)

Was the trump plot even darker than recognized?
One would think that if one were a useful idiot who believed all the nonsense from the dog and pony show.
Then why do you think Trump wanted to go to the Capitol and why was he so furious that he wasn't allowed to?

And, no, I'm not going to ask him. I want to know what you think the reason he was so mad at not being able to go to the Capitol was. I acknowledge you don't know his mindset or whatever, I just want to know what you think the reason was for him to be so mad he wasn't able to go to the Capitol with the armed mob he sent there.

Then why do you think Trump wanted to go to the Capitol and why was he so furious that he wasn't allowed to?
Are you a useful idiot?

I don't think so, but you might surprise me if you decide to be honest.

And, no, I'm not going to ask him. I want to know what you think the reason he was so mad at not being able to go to the Capitol was.
I'm not a useful idiot. I don't believe that third hand story.

Summoning a mob, led by violent militias, sending them to the Capitol to storm and take it, targeting leading political opponents to kill, with legal mechanisms put in place to steal the election - all that we know.

But think about it, how badly he wanted to go to the Capitol personally, with that violent mob trying to kill Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi and others.

It suggests to me that his desire was to be like Caesar conquering Rome - that the mob killed any opponents of his, that the Republicans declared him the winner of the election, and that he could begin a new type of reign in the country based on blood and terror - resist him and face murder, with his recently installed lackeys in charge of the security establishment.

How else could he have wanted it to play out, him with the violent rioters and insurrectionists seeking out his political opponents to kill? With his supporting the violence and refusing calls to end it?

This is not deeper than I though.

This is all a soap opera being conducted by ruling party at the moment. Why do you think there is no Trump representation whatsoever in these so-called hearings?

Are you a useful idiot?

I don't think so, but you might surprise me if you decide to be honest.

I'm not a useful idiot. I don't believe that third hand story.
Class, this is what we like to call "deflection".

Let's just say, for argument's sake, that the story told under oath, which corroborates Trump's own words at the Ellipse, was accurate. Why do you think Trump was so mad he couldn't go to the Capitol?

This is all a soap opera being conducted by ruling party at the moment. Why do you think there is no Trump representation whatsoever in these so-called hearings?
We've seen Trump's attorney general, Trump's attorneys, Trump's campaign manager, Trump's aides, Trump's children all testify...in what way do you claim Trump has not been represented?

621a33bcbea1240018a8d23e

Maybe only by people that did not know Donnie or Fred from the NY days

Trump is free to testify at any time. The committee would be very welcoming of it.

We've seen Trump's attorney general, Trump's attorneys, Trump's campaign manager, Trump's aides, Trump's children all testify...in what way do you claim Trump has not been represented?

I mean doing the cross examinations. Not Trump's people being dragged in to testify and brow beaten under oath. That doesn't count.

It's to the point that you could think the worst things possible about what Trump is capable of doing and you'd probably be right.

I mean doing the cross examinations.
You want to cross examine pro-Trump witnesses? How does that make sense to you?
Not Trump's people being dragged in to testify and brow beaten under oath. That doesn't count.
So the real problem you have here is not that Trump isn't represented (because Trump is being represented), but rather that Trump's representation is being forced to tell the truth about what happened?

Don't you think that kind of undermines any credibility you might want to have on the topic?

Is your vision of Trump even more naive than recognized?

Keep repeating yourself over and over. Maybe you'll start believing the drivel you post.

I mean doing the cross examinations. Not Trump's people being dragged in to testify and brow beaten under oath. That doesn't count.
Cassidy Hutchinson was one of Trump’s people. Funny, her brow didn’t look beaten.

Keep repeating yourself over and over. Maybe you'll start believing the drivel you post.
I'm sure as long as the money keeps coming in, certain posters will always "believe" the drivel they post.

There's plenty of Republican and Trump Administration representation. Are you paying attention?

The MAGAts had the opportunity to have their own representation but they blew it.

Trump is WELCOME to come and testify in his own defense but is too big of a COWARD...

Back
Top Bottom