• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Joe Biden disrespectful to the Presidency during the debate?

Was Joe disrespectful to the office of the president?

• Total voters

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
During the first debate, Joe told the POTUS to "shut up" and called him a "clown."

If this was done by a foreigner, would we have stood by and let this happen? If the answer is no, then why was Joe allowed to do it?

During the first debate, Joe told the POTUS to "shut up" and called him a "clown."

If this was done by a foreigner, would we have stood by and let this happen? If the answer is no, then why was Joe allowed to do it?

Literally the entire UN laughed at that clown of a president, what are you even talking about?

He got called a clown because he is a clown. He got told to shut up because he wouldn't act with the slightest amount of decorum.

Sorry, bud, your president deserves no respect, and no one has done more to disrespect the office of the president than Donald J (for Joke) Trump himself.

gaslight card.jpg

You're barking up the wrong tree. Literally everyone that watched that debate was thinking that he needs to shut up. If you simply look at how Biden acted while VP and how Trump has acted as President, it's obvious that Biden was the only one on stage that respects the office.

If it was a foreigner in a debate with President Trump he can call him whatever they want to call him.

I have a different take. This was a debate. We have two candidates. Yes one is the current President That does not give him any special privileges for the debate.

So why are you giving President Trump a pass on his interruptions and talking while former VP Biden was talking?

This is called if you want respect you have to earn it. Twump disrespected the office by not even following his own rules. Dont give me this respect the office bullshit, its already a basket case.

Trump has disrespected the office from day 1 of his tenure, so it no longer deserves the respect it might have had in the past.

Just another norm smashed by the Trump admin.

The presidency is a completely broken institution but still somehow maintains legitimacy so one kinda should act like it is.

Somewhat, but I feel like Wallace was even more disrespectful to the office of the Presidency.

His tone towards Trump was snarky from the outset, and he treated Joe like a child who needed coddling.

Wallace kept telling Trump not to interrupt, yet Wallace would interrupt him constantly.

Biden would make false accusations against Trump, and Wallace would try to move the debate along without giving Trump a chance to defend himself.

I cannot believe Wallace had the audacity to say that Hunter Biden was not an important topic to Americans. Yet he had no qualms about bringing up Trump’s tax returns.

PoS is trying his best.

Yes, he absolutely was, and Trump deserved it.

I would have been more aggressive, and more rude, and more disrespectful.

Given the circumstances, Biden was a complete gentleman in comparison to how I would have behaved.

The problem is with a bull like Trump the only way someone like that gets the point is AFTER you picked them in the teeth.

This is how punks, bullies, and fascists operate.

And you just gotta fight.

You just gotta be tougher than them.

That's the truth.

Trump and Trump supporters only understand power and force.

So, guess what guys. On Nov 3rd. You're going to see landslide repudiating this waste of human flesh, Trump.

You're gonna lose big time.

And Republicans are going to lose for years for not having the courage to stand up to this coward, this punk, this piece of crap, corrupt, idiotic, con-man, Trump.

Somewhat, but I feel like Wallace was even more disrespectful to the office of the Presidency.

His tone towards Trump was snarky from the outset, and he treated Joe like a child who needed coddling.

Wallace kept telling Trump not to interrupt, yet Wallace would interrupt him constantly.

Biden would make false accusations against Trump, and Wallace would try to move the debate along without giving Trump a chance to defend himself.

I cannot believe Wallace had the audacity to say that Hunter Biden was not an important topic to Americans. Yet he had no qualms about bringing up Trump’s tax returns.

Trump demeans the office.

Trump makes a mockery of the process and a mockery of the office of the President.

This sooner this piece of crap is removed from office, the better.

Trump does not deserve any respect.

His performance was pathetic, disgraceful, and embarrassing.

And shame on you for defending this racist piece of crap.

Trump demeans the office.

Trump makes a mockery of the process and a mockery of the office of the President.

This sooner this piece of crap is removed from office, the better.

Trump does not deserve any respect.

His performance was pathetic, disgraceful, and embarrassing.

And shame on you for defending this racist piece of crap.
Tell me exactly what Trump said during the debate that was racist.

That debate showed that, yes, Trump can be verbally aggressive, but more importantly, that Joe cannot handle this kind of stress.

Joe at one point shut his eyes and looked like he was about to cry. He is not fit to take office.

If Joe can’t handle Trump, how is he going to be able to handle Putin and Kim Jung Un?

How am I gaslighting this? Joe did call the POTUS a clown, or are you denying that?

If it was a foreigner in a debate with President Trump he can call him whatever they want to call him.

I have a different take. This was a debate. We have two candidates. Yes one is the current President That does not give him any special privileges for the debate.

So why are you giving President Trump a pass on his interruptions and talking while former VP Biden was talking?

Joe is a former VP, Trump is currently in office. A certain amount of decorum must be met when you address the CoC since he represents the entire country.

Trump has disrespected the office from day 1 of his tenure, so it no longer deserves the respect it might have had in the past.

Just another norm smashed by the Trump admin.

Trump has his quirks, but he was elected by the people, and he ought to be afforded a certain level of respect based on the position alone. Our republic is built on the respect of institutions, so you cant just undo that just because you dont like the one who got elected, you know.

Trump has his quirks, but he was elected by the people, and he ought to be afforded a certain level of respect based on the position alone. Our republic is built on the respect of institutions, so you cant just undo that just because you dont like the one who got elected, you know.

Had you said this in the first month of his term, i might almost agree with you. But he has spent the last four years debasing the presidency. It is no longer an office worthy of respect anymore, at least not while he continues to be an international embarrassment.

The only person "disrepectful to the presidency" in this debate was Trump. Attacking a candidate's son for being a drug addict is completely disgusting and beneath the dignity of office or even basic human dignity (not to mention out of touch with the problems of many of his own base....). His little rant about Biden being not smart was also ridiculous and ugly. Both had nothing to do with policy or even strategy, they were literally just Trump unable to control his own seething hatred.

Calling Trump himself a "clown" and telling him to "shut up"--while normally not something I would condone in a presidential debate--is so tiny in comparison it's not even worth discussing. Anybody who walked away from that debate thinking Joe Biden was the unpresidential one . . . I'm sorry but I think there is something clinically wrong with your head.

Yes. Joe Biden was disrespectful. But not disrespectful enough.

Tell me this. Was Trump rude to Biden?

Who do you think was the rudest person on that stage last night?

I only ask to get a feel of just how f'd-up your sense of perception/reality really is.

During the first debate, Joe told the POTUS to "shut up" and called him a "clown." If this was done by a foreigner, would we have stood by and let this happen? If the answer is no, then why was Joe allowed to do it?

Why was he "allowed" to do it? Reference to a foreigner? What's that supposed to mean?

Do you want the secret service to disappear anyone who stands up to the big fat lout you worship? Biden should have said a whole lot worse than "shut up" to the vile pig-bastard, and then Wallace should have cut off Trump's mic so he couldn't try to steal any more time. The only adult question here is why Trump was allowed to keep doing that.

How am I gaslighting this?

By trying to convince people to disbelieve there own senses and instead believe you when you say Trump was the wronged party in all this.

I commend Joe for his constraint last night

Trump is much worse than a clown. He was a pure ass last night

SHUT UP! Reality is every time he interrupted chris should have killed his Mike.

That wasn't a debate. It was a trump shit show

Why was he "allowed" to do it? Reference to a foreigner? What's that supposed to mean?

Do you want the secret service to disappear anyone who stands up to the big fat lout you worship? Biden should have said a whole lot worse than "shut up" to the vile pig-bastard, and then Wallace should have cut off Trump's mic so he couldn't try to steal any more time. The only adult question here is why Trump was allowed to keep doing that.

By trying to convince people to disbelieve there own senses and instead believe you when you say Trump was the wronged party in all this.

Remember all those posts from PoS pointing out how Trump disrespected the "Office of the President" when he accused the black man of being born in another country?

Why was Trump allowed to disrespect a former Vice President?

Nope, if anyone has disrespected the Office it would be trump, does he know he has not been crowned Dictator for Life. Trump came in being an Ass and Joe simply called him on it, and by the way, the Office gets respect the man in it has to Earn it, trump has earned nothing but scorn.

Back
Top Bottom