• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Jan 6 an Insurrection?

Was Jan 6 an Insurrection?

• I don't have enough information to say either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How many times to "you people" need to be told it wasn't?
None. We 'smart people' know the truth, and want those assholes who tried to stop the peaceful transfer of power ( which is the bedrock of our democratic republic ) from an outing POTUS to a POTUS-Elect held accountable for their non-patriotic, Anti-American actions----and you should too.

To the left, anything that interrupts their dictatorial calm is an insurrection.

Jan 6 was no insurrection - not even by the remotest stretch of imagination. It was a protest that began peacefully, escalated, and turned into a riot - or at least a semblance of one.
The left is not dictatorial. When the GOP elected Trump, there were impeachments, investigation, and protest, but the left showed the patience to wait for the next presidential election. That's democracy.

Recently, I've seen websites on polls that show about a third of Republicans think if they don't get their way, they may find violence "necessary," but only a tiny percentage of people on the left would be willing to turn to violence. The right is a big bully and they would just love having their own Putin.

Agree.

It's a political witch hunt.
From some things about it that I've learned it seems like it was provoked.

I've watched a few videos about the protest where a character was trying to rile up the crowd and get them to storm into the capital and the crowd started calling him a Fed.

It makes me wonder if there is more to this or not.

^ Clearly has a very low bar as to what as to what constitutes a "great answer."
At least we have a bar. Your side is dealing with painted lines.

I've watched a few videos about the protest where a character was trying to rile up the crowd and get them to storm into the capital and the crowd started calling him a Fed.
Same here. I remember watching a live feed video in which Rootin-Tootin Rudy G. was riling up the crowd by screaming "let's have trial by combat!" as DJT stood by clapping with that evil smirk on his mug.

At least we have a bar.
Thank you for admitting you have a very low bar as to what constitutes a "great answer."---baby steps are steps nonetheless.

Was January 6 an Insurrection or was it something else?
Of course it was, calling it an insurrection is factually accurate using basic common sense and definitions
1/6 was one of the worst things to happen to the country in my lifetime, luckily only one moron got herself killed

only tinfoil hat batshit insane nutters claim otherwise 🤷‍♂️ everyone else right left and center who is educated, honest and objective knows it was an inssurection

An insurrection is violent action that is taken by a large group of people against the rulers of their country, usually in order to remove them from office.

The act or an instance of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government.

an attempt by a large group of people to take control of their country by force

A violent uprising against an authority or government.

an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence:

From some things about it that I've learned it seems like it was provoked.

It makes me wonder if there is more to this or not.
It would be refreshing if the January 6th Circus actually looked at the riot. But they are clearly more interested in the tweets of FoxNews hosts.

No.

I've only been told maybe a couple dozen times.
That's not possible. I've personally said it thousands upon thousands of times here alone.

Of course it was, calling it an insurrection is factually accurate using basic common sense and definitions
1/6 was one of the worst things to happen to the country in my lifetime, luckily only one moron got herself killed

How do you think it compares to, say 9/11 or COVID as far as affecting your daily life?

But they are clearly more interested in the tweets of FoxNews hosts.
Maybe you didn't get the memo. The 1/06 Committee forced the insurrection inciter to turn over 1000's of documents----many of which the inciter stole from 'The American People', ripped up illegally, and tried to flush down the WH shitter.

How do you think it compares to, say 9/11 or COVID as far as affecting your daily life?

9/11 is also one of the worse things (probably the worst) to happen to america in my lifetime

Covid is one of the worst things to happen to the world in my lifetime

Good idea, lurch. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I had access to them.
LOL You're bitching about the wing-nut congressmen that weren't allowed to pull their little Nazi publicity stunt. It was they who weren't granted access. If you have business with one of them, you can go see them, pal. Let me know how that goes~

Back
Top Bottom