• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Jan 6 an Insurrection?

Was Jan 6 an Insurrection?

• I don't have enough information to say either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Go get "it".

You can't be more specific of straightforward than that.

"It" being what?

Violence?

1650054565352.png

1650054665450.png

1650054711352.png

Would that characterize their actions and statements as saying ,' it'll never work, but we gotta try anyway?

In this recording he sounds deliberate.

I still insist that they very much wanted it to happen, and that if an attempt fails, the perpetrator does not suddenly become innocent, and I believe they thought if the question could be taken to SCOTUS, the conservative court would 'vote' for trump.

from page 2 of the first Eastman memo:
"Let the other side challenge his actions in court, where Tribe (who in 2001 conceded the President of the Senate might be in charge of counting the votes) and others who would press a lawsuit would have their past position -- that these are non-justiciable political questions – thrown back at them, to get the lawsuit dismissed."

I listened to the recording, but how do you think it proves criminal intent? If a lawyer tries to float a measure that the court finds unconstitutional, the lawyer is not put in jail for having advanced an inapplicable argument.

Again, it goes without saying that the President's team is going to try to delay the vote count, just as did the Dems in 2017. I know you prefer to keep the argument in a bubble, but the 2017 attempt to unseat Trump was legal chicanery of the same type, even if it's possible (once proved) that other illegal acts were committed. Why were you not scandalized when the Dems tried to delay a lawful vote count in 2017? Does the riot make the difference in your eyes, or are we talking more partisan reasons?

I listened to the recording, but how do you think it proves criminal intent? If a lawyer tries to float a measure that the court finds unconstitutional, the lawyer is not put in jail for having advanced an inapplicable argument.

Again, it goes without saying that the President's team is going to try to delay the vote count, just as did the Dems in 2017. I know you prefer to keep the argument in a bubble, but the 2017 attempt to unseat Trump was legal chicanery of the same type, even if it's possible (once proved) that other illegal acts were committed. Why were you not scandalized when the Dems tried to delay a lawful vote count in 2017? Does the riot make the difference in your eyes, or are we talking more partisan reasons?

I never used the word proof.
You used the words ' think it proves'.
I didn't but you did.

Now you are showing me that you also have twice tried to minimize what occurred by making the absurd claim that the Dems did the same in 2017.

This shows me 2 things.
You jump to conclusions and then deny facts.
You don't know the facts but you continue posting about them anyway.

I'm finished with your nonsense.

I never used the word proof.
You used the words ' think it proves'.
I didn't but you did.

Now you are showing me that you also have twice tried to minimize what occurred by making the absurd claim that the Dems did the same in 2017.

This shows me 2 things.
You jump to conclusions and then deny facts.
You don't know the facts but you continue posting about them anyway.

I'm finished with your nonsense.

Too bad. Guess I’ll never know why you posted the Giuliani tape if you didn’t think it provided at least circumstantial evidence, or if you think the 2017 Dems did anything immoral.

Too bad. Guess I’ll never know why you posted the Giuliani tape if you didn’t think it provided at least circumstantial evidence, or if you think the 2017 Dems did anything immoral.
What is this repeated '2017' reference?

Some 120 lb weakling would have wrestled her to the ground and stopped her.

Apparently the capitol police training has not yielded anyone of that caliber. They need more work so they can take down women.
And yet you celebrate Kyle Rittenhouse killing two people. You're pissed because Babbitt was trying to stop Biden's election and she failed. The cop shot your criminal hero. She took the risk, she paid the price.

Republicans are all about "personal responsibility" as long as it's for everyone but them.

This is a perfect example of why I hate polls, especially personally created ones that lead you to a predominated answer of the creators choosing.
Number one is an ok choice.
Number two tends to echo number 1 and should have been - No. January 6 was not an insurrection.
Number 2 and 3 as posted just lead you back to the same meaning as number one, as in "yes it was".
Number 4 is an ok choice
Number 5 is just plain stupid and has no place in a poll, if the poll is to be taken with any seriousness.
Number 6 is another ok choice.

We’re still waiting for hard evidence that any government officials had foreknowledge of the small group’s plans. Until you got that, you got nothing.
Do you think for a minute that Trump wasn't advised before his speech that it wouldn't be a good idea to move them to the capitol? We know his team was because we have testimony from the rally organizers. So, either way, Trump knew they were planning to assault the capitol, or he went off script and incited the bunch.

Naturally, Trump is going to play dumb. It's what he does best.

Do you think for a minute that Trump wasn't advised before his speech that it wouldn't be a good idea to move them to the capitol? We know his team was because we have testimony from the rally organizers. So, either way, Trump knew they were planning to assault the capitol, or he went off script and incited the bunch.

I have news for you: he really IS dumb. He isn’t playing anything.
That said, the jackass can’t just tell his hoard of hoodlums to march on over to the Capitol and forcibly prevent the Congress from certifying the fair election. So he used other words that meant the same thing-“fight like hell or you aren’t going to have a country anymore “.
Everyone with half a brain knows what he meant.

Yep, more circumstantial evidence; that'll work as well as it did before.

And yet you celebrate Kyle Rittenhouse killing two people. You're pissed because Babbitt was trying to stop Biden's election and she failed. The cop shot your criminal hero. She took the risk, she paid the price.

Republicans are all about "personal responsibility" as long as it's for everyone but them.

Feel free to point out where I celebrated Rittenhouse killing anyone.

I did celebrate his verdict.

And I certainly have no respect for the first guy who was shot.

In my opinion, they put themselves in that position. Can't help that.

What is this repeated '2017' reference?
In reference to the attempt, from the get-go, to make the country ungovernable. I decry January 6, 2021 but do you think the antics of the "mostly peaceful protesters" were any better?

The true threat is the possibility that the jackass will steal another four year as president.
Only from the rest home, if that's even allowed.

Only from the rest home, if that's even allowed.
I thought it was the Mad Lib narrative that Trump was going to do hard time. What's this rest home jazz?

Back
Top Bottom