• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Warning Signs Flash For Linsey Graham in South Carolina

I can understand that.

I'm not so sure it will "help him with some" though because the only people who would approve of what Lindsey Graham has become as of late would have voted for him anyways so, no help is even needed there.

But, the thing is, those who would respect him for standing their ground for them and their conservative ideas, are on the wrong side of history at this point in time. Meaning, most of America is against what most of what modern day "conservatism" stands for. Due to that societal change, and the associated growth in numbers that has put the majority at odds with the modern day conservatives, it is just a matter of time, even in the most remote areas of America, until this new version of conservatism just fizzles out.

The writing is on the wall from sea to shining sea. The regions of our nation, republican strong used to easily winning elections, the percentage gap is slipping. I'm not sure if we are quite there yet in Kentucky. But it's going to be close. Just 5 years ago, it probably wouldn't have been close at all. The flip-flop republicans who have hitched their wagons to the Trump train, I suspect, will sink right alongside of the USS Trumptanic in due time. Trump has a long history of drowning people in his destructive wake. Perhaps, this time, it might be viewed as poetic justice.
Conversely, the people who will condemn him for this weren’t going to vote for him anyway.

I cannot recall a US politician, much less a sitting Senator, debase him/herself as badly as Graham has done!
Seriously? Do you hold everyone to that who has changed positions on their previous stance

Seriously? Do you hold everyone to that who has changed positions on their previous stance

Can you cite another politician who has begged for money on national television? I’ll wait........

It will point out the nonsense you just posted...You aren't in South Carolina, like I am....and you do not know the electorate here or what we are tired of.
You are right; It is entirely up to the South Carolina electorate and those who live there know best what to think of the hypocrite.

I'm not a fan of John McCain's anti-Trump shadow, Graham. Karma if he loses.

You mean rioting. Protesters dont terrorize people. Secondly...we would not pee our pants. Picture 1 million Rittenhouses who decide they have had enough. Molon Labe.
Oh but you would pee your pants because that would mean 200 million people in the streets.

I hear Hollywood is pouring money into Graham's opponent's campaign. Something they often do. Remember Beto? And what about Abrams who still thinks she is governor of Georgia. Hollywood poured millions into their campaigns and it didn't help.

I hear Hollywood is pouring money into Graham's opponent's campaign. Something they often do. Remember Beto? And what about Abrams who still thinks she is governor of Georgia. Hollywood poured millions into their campaigns and it didn't help.

Lindsey sure is squealing.............

it’s frightening to see people like him throw away so called principles for power. He is a huge liar and hypocrite. Why should be trusted?
Masks has fallen from many on the R side.
He traveled on a good mans coattails - Senator John McCain

It didn't help, because the guy running against her, Brian Kemp, was also the Secretary of State and in charge of running the damned election; he charitably decided that the major cities (and stronghold of democratic voters) only needed 1/10th the number of polling places that had previously been available to them, thereby publicly and blatantly suppressing his opponents likely voters.

Yes it was much less...it was hanging chads. This is hanging chads on a nationwide scale. You guys must know the votes cant be counted right?

You know for a fact hanging chads (which of course don't exist anymore) have absolutely no relevance to mail-in ballots. So there is no reason to bring up that election debacle in a discussion about absentee voting.

I will keep asking you this until you answer me: Why is mail-in voting unfair to voters who are at risk of getting COVID-19 if they do not stay home or are physically unable to vote any other way?

Sick peoole

people can always request a mail in. We are talking unsolicited...unsolicited...unsolicited unsolicited...

This happens in states where most precincts do not have polling places. See what happens in Oregon, Colorado, and some others with polling places as the backup instead of the standard way to vote.

You know for a fact hanging chads (which of course don't exist anymore) have absolutely no relevance to mail-in ballots. So there is no reason to bring up that election debacle in a discussion about absentee voting.

I will keep asking you this until you answer me: Why is mail-in voting unfair to voters who are at risk of getting COVID-19 if they do not stay home or are physically unable to vote any other way?
The hanging chad is relevant because it showed how one county help up the election. Now we have this scenario on a nationwide scale. In your logic process thats ok? I openly laugh at that process.
On your question, it is not unfair as those people can request and vote absantee same as always. The question is why are you mailing ballots to people who didn't request them?

hahahaha....watch the rittenhouse video.
the one where the kid murders three people and is now facing murder charges, because he was pointing his gun and threatening protesters? That video? Yeah, go try it and we will all watch you on television while you are given the death penalty...or reading about you in the news, because a good guy with a gun shot back.

the one where the kid murders three people and is now facing murder charges, because he was pointing his gun and threatening protesters? That video? Yeah, go try it and we will all watch you on television while you are given the death penalty...or reading about you in the news, because a good guy with a gun shot back.
Protesters dont chase people and throw things at them. Rioters do. Get your use of words fixed. Do you cede they were rioters ot do I need to iggy due to facebook level fact denial?

The hanging chad is relevant because it showed how one county help up the election. Now we have this scenario on a nationwide scale. In your logic process thats ok? I openly laugh at that process.
On your question, it is not unfair as those people can request and vote absantee same as always. The question is why are you mailing ballots to people who didn't request them?
No one is mailing ballots. People are being mailed forms to request ballots.

Absentee

Protesters dont chase people and throw things at them. Rioters do. Get your use of words fixed. Do you cede they were rioters ot do I need to iggy due to facebook level fact denial?
Irony

Graham used to be one of those Republicans I could respect despite being on the other side of the fence.

Watching him become a Trump snycophant these past few years has been downright disgusting.
The problem with your theory is that no sane person believes Trump will come close to losing SC. So the problem is he’s not Trump enough.

Anyway your idea that you respect disloyal Republicans is the least self aware thing I’ve ever read.

hahahaha....watch the rittenhouse video.
And how would that end if even a portion of the protestors were carrying an AR? FYI, people were following him because he just shot someone.

Back
Top Bottom