• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;622]Please... Be honest. Do you really think a second impeachment is good for the country?

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Well, do you?

trump went too far.

Telling the mob to go down to the capitol and cheer certain people on more than others. And that they had to be strong because only the strong are listened to.

trump incited a riot. A president did that.

Yes, impeach him.

Holding people accountable for their actions tends to serve as a lesson for others thinking of doing the same thing. Things got to the point they did because Trump and his merry band of lunatics have been placated for years.

Absolutely ........ then stripping Trump of all benefits associated with the office of the president.

Damn right impeach backed with the 14th amendment ......

• Fourteenth Amendment Section 3 | Constitution Annotated ...
    constitution.congress.gov/.../amendment-14/section-3
    Section 3. No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion ...
  • 14th Amendment, Section 3: Instead of impeachment or 25th ...
    www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/01/11/14th...
    1 day ago · Using Section 3 of the 14th Amendment wouldn’t require a super majority, historians noted, and wouldn’t complicate the start of Joe Biden’s presidency. Gerard N. Magliocca, an Indiana ...
  • Disqualification Clause | Constitution Annotated | Congress ...
    constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/amdt14-S3...
    Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3: No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in ...
  • What is Section 3 of 14th Amendment?
    www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/12/12/2001559/...
    Dec 12, 2020 · The use of Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution was invoked to use against the GOP in their brazen attempts to steal democracy. Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3: No Person shall be a...

We have 15K national guard in D.C. for the inauguration, with more to come. The final force will be 3X the size of the forces in Iraq & Afghanistan, combined.

There's no place for an ideology requiring us to go through this. If impeachment can help show our resolve to stamp this stuff out, then do it.

Yes. Only ten House Republicans voted for impeachment. The Republican Party is dishonest.

It’s not a good look and had the Democratic Party not impeached him over made up charges the first time this wouldn’t like a cheap political stunt. The mistake was the first impeachment without merit not this one that actually has some legitimacy to it

Well, do you?

Yes, it is. Two reasons:

1. It shows the world that we take the Constitution and our form of government seriously, and will aggressively defend it with pride from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

2. By depriving Trump of free Secret Service protection for his golf trips to Scotland, and forcing him to pay for his own security, we save important Taxpayer dollars. I don't want to pay any more for Trump's golf. Do you?

Well, do you?

I think that the first impeachment should have ended with his removal from office so we wouldn't have to be here, but Republicans didn't have the integrity to do the right when they weren't sure about Trumps viability as a candidate in the election. I think that now that he was beaten in the election AND is viewed by a vast majority of the country as having incited an insurrection they might feel like they can do so.

Better late than never if it happens, though I still don't believe they have the stones to tell Trump supporters that the party is completely over them.

Yes, it is. Two reasons:

1. It shows the world that we take the Constitution and our form of government seriously, and will aggressively defend it with pride from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

. ..
The US Constitution is a big part of the problem.

After what I saw last week and for the last few months I do, It would be better for the country even more so if it goes through as a strong rebuke.

The people trying to tear down the republic have to go.
Did you feel that way when the leftwing mob tried to break into the White House, sending the Trump family down to the bunker and injuring 14 secret service officers? Did you feel that way when the rioting mobs killed 25 during the daily summer riots?

Did you feel that way when the leftwing mob tried to break into the White House, sending the Trump family down to the bunker and injuring 14 secret service officers? Did you feel that way when the rioting mobs killed 25 during the daily summer riots?

I mean if you read my post I was talking about the months long run up of propaganda attacking the very center pillar of American democracy and then the riot that followed trying to force an action by congress.

I honestly don't remember anything in my lifetime that compares.

Would you like to educate me on this white house breach? It doesn't seem to appear on the list:

Honest? I did feel the same way. The people who rioted in the summer I hold in the exact same hand as the rioters at the Capitol.

!00% yes to impeachment, both in the short term, and the long term. And that remains true, whether they decide to try him or not, to convict him or not.

Back
Top Bottom